2012 Thomas Cup Finals - Day 8 - Final

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Finals 2012' started by kwun, May 26, 2012.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student

You are saying Indonesia and Singapore are better indicators of performance rather than All England...people around the world
    including the foreign devils must be laughing at how ignorant you are and you are probably living in a coconut shell like a frog
    That's like saying Wimbledon is not as prestigious as Shanghai Open ATP and Thailand ATP...biggest joke ever.
    What a dreamer....look at the past winners of All England in the last decade..90 percent mainland Chinese and btw
    in the last ten years, only Malaysia and China have excelled in All England MS.
    Don't even try to question the prestige of All England and Wembley arena to host badminton tournaments. The Foreign devils
    and other Europeans will laugh at you for making a fool of yourself

2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Nobody asked you to take my postings seriously since it's selective comment. I have no time to entertain sore losers are so fed up about how successful the Chinese are.

I say this again and again: Nobody can even get close to HALF of what Lin Dan has already achieved. 16 World (team+singles titles) and he has won everything that's considered major and he is still winning somemore.

The next singles players to reach 5 Star status like Lin Dan are Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian (2 more major titles left)

#602 Miqilin7, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Dan can play anywhere in the world and wins - that's proven beyond any doubt. His defeats are so rare,just like Lee CW's,that they made headlines. All those players who have beaten him, even if only just once, have bragging rights. More than 10 in the honours list yet,amazing?

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Where did he say Indonesia and Singapore are better indicators?
    You are trolling around and commenthing things nobody said.

Nobody is forbidden to be a big fan of a player or national team, but you maybe should consider to cooldown. Just respect comments from other members who are not thinking the same like you.
    You writing style is kinda aggressive, for no reasons. But it's maybe yourself, not what we're discussing about.

And btw, I'm absolutely not fed up about the Success of China's badminton team, but the difference is: I'm not such a fanboy who's yelling around how good and how unbeatable and how immortal they are. You sound like an apple fanboy: There's no better smartphone than the iPhone. It will be the best smartphone forever. No any other manufacturer is able to beat it. bla bla bla, and so on ;)

5. MHHung

MHHung Regular Member

Yes, we have to count on TC 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 6 years ago, 8 years ago...

2 years ago : Champion
    4 years ago : Champion
    6 years ago : Champion
    8 years ago : Champion

Extracted from wiki for who don't know how to search :D
    Lin Dan (Chinese: 林丹; pinyin: Lín Dān; born October 14, 1983 in Longyan, Fujian[SUP][2][/SUP]) is a professional badminton player from China. He is a four-time world champion, five time All England champion and the reigning Olympic champion. Widely considered to be the greatest badminton player of all time,[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] by the age of 28 Lin had completed the "Super Grand Slam", having won all nine major titles in world badminton: Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, Thomas Cup, Sudirman Cup, Super Series Masters Finals, All England Open, Asian Games, and Asia Championships, becoming the first and only player to achieve this feat.

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    There is hope. LD has yet to win MO, SO, IO? So, we shall wait for the next best player of all time. lol. ;)

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    If i remember correctly, LD has never won a title in South East Asia. right?

8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Correction. He did last year in Singapore unofficially. Donated to Chen Jin

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

WC 2007 was held in Msia, LD won it. Team event like TC of course there was, the latest was in INA and Msia

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    ok, i see. LD just hasn't won a Super Series title in SEA. right?

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

12. extremenanopowe

13. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Lin Dan is one of the best player no doubt about it.

But definitely not the role model the younger players

should emulate when it comes to court discipline.

Just look at his sneezing style :D.

Also no doubt that is a common thing most of the china man do back home

but gosh he's different, he's a star with so many fans around the world!

Certainly he must have seen his own video

doing those saliva swallowing / spitting / free sneezing ???

WTF and nobody tells him its very bad?

So you guys out there who thinks he's goxd in everything,

start practicing his sneezing :D

It may just come in handy in one of your match :D LOL

#613 pBmMalaysia, May 30, 2012
  14. extremenanopowe

lol. When you are a fan, you only see and hear good things. ;)

Just like some country posting, all is good, no weaknesses or crimes. lol. ;) So, everyone is living happily ever after. No struggles. Heaven. lol. ;)

Also, just like the fat guy playing. Some says, it's ok. Keep on going fat. It is ok to be fat, we won't scold you. You can win it. He is good. NVM, let him play.. Who cares if he is talented. lol ;)

Some will say, what about maradona? ;)

#614 extremenanopowe, May 30, 2012
  15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon

in Hong Kong, we have children (and dogs) openly defecating in broad daylight in the busiest streets and roads!!! :D

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    If that is a common thing it's nothing wrong back home.

But once you go famous especially going abroad,

you won't want your child to do that anymore.

It's just disgusting :D

17. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

Fly fishing and badminton instructor
    Belated CONGRATULATIONS to China for making a clean sweep of all the eight official world Badminton titles. This is kind of a Badminton GRAND SLAM for a country. This is certainly a “ kong qian” ( unprecedented ) feat, but is it going to be “ jue hou”? ( literally meaning becoming extinct hereafter, but to be read as meaning never again) .
    I was fly-fishing for Taimans and Trouts in Outer Mongolia a week before the UC/TC. and had planned to go into Wuhan to watch the finals on my way home. A change in plan saw me going to my cousin’s house, the very house I was born in before I left my homeland in rural China.
    I watched the UC finals on my cousin’s TV, but found my nephews and nieces going to other relatives’ houses to watch their favorite dramas on other channels. So I went to the village coffee shop to watch the TC finals. It appeared to me that the UC/TC was not a big deal to the people in my village. Most of the customers just came in, had their food and left. I could count the number of people who sat out the whole finals on my fingers. There were some sporadic cheering and clapping but no banging on the tables. The atmosphere was very different from that in the stadium.
    I managed to speak to a few youngsters and they seemed to know Liu Xiang better than Lin Dan, may be because of Liu’s dramatic exit from the Beijing Olympics after becoming the first male Chinese athlete to win an Olympics gold in track and field events.
    What surprised me most was a few of them thought that Chen Long was an actor, Jackie Chan, perhaps. I noticed that there is a change in the priorities among the villagers with respect to their children’s futures. In Chairman Mao’s proletarian China parents like their children to become sportsman/sportswoman because they were given good and nourishing food to eat and some handsome allowances to boot too. They had the opportunities to go overseas and were ensured of good employment if they brought glories to their country. The villagers today are more inclined to have their children grow up to become successful professionals or entrepreneurs or senior government servants.
    This brings us back to the question: will the achievement of the Chinese badminton players become “jue hou” ? The changing priorities of the villagers in my home village need not be representative of the whole of China. If it does, will it mean that China will not be able to churn out world-beaters like it did in the past, not only in Badminton but other sports as well. Then again we should not ignore China’s huge population and its government’s unending funding for sports. There are at least 300 million Chinese between the age of 7 and 20. Just 5 % of them are into playing badminton will mean that there are more people playing badminton in China than Denmark’s total population!

#617 Flyvet, May 30, 2012
  18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    sneezing is not that bad la ;)

19. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    when a regular folk sneezes, that's gross or digusting.

but when a celebrity (LD) sneezes, some may think that's stylish or character. :D

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Watch an ICE hockey game, make it better and catch one of the oldies where the Great One (Wayne Gretzky) played, spitting is that it? A lot of people ain't seen anything yet...those hockey players swear and spit with great velocity over long distance and volumes in their spit, and guess what, they earn millions, huge paycheck and endorsements and chicks (arr, we are talking in the dozens..) LOL:p:D