Yonex Carbonex 50, CAB50

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ah_Peng, Jan 21, 2012.

1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I think I mentioned before.
    1) Although Cab 50has same length as the Cab30ms, th sshaft is almost 5mm shorter. So given you hold the handle at same place, you will feel Cab50 a little stiffer.
    2) Cab50 and Cab30ms has same meterial. the mix of graphite and ti particle are the same. But if you look carfully, Cab50 has a smaller frame. That give it better control while Cab30ms is more userfriendly.
    3) The frame design is different. If you put the Cab30ms, Cab35 and Cab50 together, you will notice the Cab50 has exactly same frame as Cab35. Yes, the frame is designed to be stiffer.

Please note, Cab50 is a extension of Cab35, not evelution of Cab30ms.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i got a CAB50 while i was back in HK last week.

it is TW coded that i got from e78. the spec is 2UG4 (cab are supposed to be 2U!! ;) )

the measurement is 93.7g, 295mm BP. this is gonna be painful!

i also noticed that the flared grommet only extends to A8, which means that it is supposed to be string 22x21. top crosses will start at A8 instead of A7.

it is gonna be pictures night tonight, along with 3+ other rackets. stay tuned. :D :D :D

3. King's

King's Regular Member

Off-topic, I got my CAB 50s and VTZFs from ESL Sport...the question is: Are e78 and ESL Sport from one entity (I either get my wares from Luxxis [Jordan] or ESL [Mongkok] when in town)? Tks.

4. zistwar

zistwar Regular Member

Engineer
    @kwun: Hi, How much did you get your Cab50 from Mr Chan ? I can't see it in his price list, many thanks :)

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

TW is $1060HKD and I don't think ESL Sport is in any way related ...

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. something in the $10xx range if i remember correctly..

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is a winner.

i strung mine up with red ZM62N @ 26/28 victor tension pattern. and then wrapped it with red RKEP G09 grep. the red string/grip + black racket with gold accent is no short of stunning looking.

played with it pretty much exclusively all evening, 4 hours of it. pretty much awesome all around. if there are 5 grams of extra mass compared to my 3U rackets, i am not feeling it as something that slows it down, but instead something that makes the feeling of the impact much much more solid.

in fact, i played some really hard doubles games today, probably some of the hardest games i have played for a long time. it was a little hard to get used to the length and sweet spot at first, but not really any different than any new rackets i hold.

it is a keeper. the only question is whether i need to buy a pair to breed them.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

40.gif EH?

This I gotta see ... Black, gold, white, blue .... let's match it with a red string and ditto grip?
    Well red string goes with anything but a red grip? That'd look pretty good on Cab35 now that I see those pics again on page 1 :D
    2U solidness ftw!
    [​IMG]

9. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

CAB-Explosions Rocks !! :D

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is a looker for sure.

DSC07107.jpg

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Wow... you Cab 50 looks so sexy, kwun... :D

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#252 demolidor, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  13. King's

King's Regular Member

I checked on the webternet:) and I think I am not too keen to find my way to e78's physical shop, neither am I keen to go to MBS (they may be good online stores). For me, Mongkok has more shop choices than going to districts with one (reputable) badminton shop each (maybe?).

14. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Mongkok has badminton shops all over the place but unless you have knowledge of where to go, you won't find shops with prices as good as e78 just by walking and looking around.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    in a way that's true. there is a reason why e78 is located where it is. the rent for that unit is gonna be pretty cheap.

however, there are exceptions in Mongkok too. i am pretty sure Rose owns that shop location as they have been there for like 3 decades already. that's also why Rose's price is among the lowest in Mongkok.

16. BlueTornado

I don't remember Rose's price level being that cheap but I'm sure you're right, I didn't check out enough other stores (only like 3 or 4 small shops) to really know myself. Also have to take into account the fact that I bought a Yonex JP coded racket from Rose, not really going to be cheap anywhere :p

17. King's

King's Regular Member

I'd rather go to a district concentrated with baddy shops rather than venture to remote places to walk-in and walk-out empty handed. At least in Mongkok there are 3 shops that I can recall on top of my head such as: Luxis, ESL and Rose...there are more of course but I never ever came across the much talked about Emmy Sports. There's also an alley (forgot the name just besides the electronics shops) prolly 10 sq. metre in size that carries an array of baddy goods.

18. BlueTornado

I suppose, I guess it just depends on what you're trying to do. I think e78 is very good if you already have in mind exactly what you want, just go in and buy knowing that you're getting some great prices. But of course if you want to look around and do some general exploring and feeling rackets, then a district like that would be better.

19. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Last Wednesday, I played with the Cab30MS 3U-G4 spec and Cab50 with the same spec. Balance wise there is no difference between the 2. So the size of the handle has influence on the balance for your reference. The Cab50 still feels stiffer compared to the Cab30MS. Powerwise, I prefer the Cab50 above the Cab30MS, and also the control with the Cab50 is better, maybe due to the improved stiffness. If I compare the Cab30MS, Cab35 and Cab50, the Cab30MS and Cab50 are closer in feel than the Cab35. In my opinion, the Cab30MS is a worth full replacement to the Cab30MS in terms of power and control.

20. King's

King's Regular Member

Same feeling except I got a 2U JP edition.:cool: