2012 Malaysia Open GP Gold: Comments on matches

Discussion in 'India Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Apr 30, 2012.

1. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Congrats to the Malaysian players for winning 4 titles of the YONEX-SUNRISE Malaysia Open GP Gold 2012 tournament.
    WPT/CEH's win came too late as the cut-off tournament was the YSIO.
    CPS/GLY were just too good for their opponents and won easily.
    KKK/TBH tasted victory again and it is hoped the win will spur them further.
    LCW has been playing so-so following his injury at the AE tournament and the trend seemed to continue until the 1st game of his finals match against SDK where he lost 17-21. But he turned the tables in the 2nd and rubber games and played like days of old where he walloped SDK 21-8, 21-10.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    She is very impressive for her age and as someone has said, she has no fears.
    However, her opponents are not of top calibre. She needs to be exposed to more top class competition and I suspect she will find the CHN players very difficult to beat as her technical ability is still a work-in-progress. Tall and powerful opponents will give her much problem.

But kudos to Thailand for being able to produce so many young talented women players in a relatively short time.

She needs more time to match those talented players you mentioned. Remember these players also had their ups and downs and they are unlikely to win medals at the forthcoming London Olympics.

#562 Loh, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    At the start of the WD I went for my regular Sunday game. Alas I returned home to discover that our young doubles pair of Sari and Yao Lei have lost to the MAS 'aunties' in straights of 20-18 each. Granted the MAS pair have been WR1 for some time but they have been inactive until recently. That's why our girls have been top-seeded ahead of the Malaysians.

From the score analysis, it appears that MAS won more from smashes and net play (?) but I suspect our girls must have been rattled by the partisan support from the stands and committed unnecessary errors. Unfortunately I was not around to watch the proceedings on TV.

It is disappointing that our girls can't even win a game to force a rubber. Perhaps those of you who had watched the match might be able to comment what had gone wrong .

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    SDK is BACK !!!

Don't know what some BCers were thinking when they didn't consider that SDK is BACK. :confused::confused::confused:

After suffering injuries for so many years (and therefore affected his form); And now he's taken one game off LCW, surely we have to say that he is back and is ready for some good results in coming tournaments.

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

if SDK can beat or take 3 games against Lin Dan, Peter Gade, Sho Sasaki, Chen Long, Chen Jin, Kenichi Tago, etc... then he is consider BACK...

6. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

Fly fishing and badminton instructor
    Same thing may not apply to the Malaysian boy. Malaysia does not have a wide pool of players,young or old. Everyone will have a chance to be sent for some SS or minor tournaments. The chance of improving is always there. China is different altogether. There are just too many talents around. Before a player can realize it a younger player or a late bloomer will emerge to knock him/her off the pedestal whether he/she is a world Junior Champ or runner-up. After Sun Jun ,WJChamps like Chen Gang , Zhu Feng were no match for the likes of Chen Hong, Xian Xunze, Ji Shinpeng ,and Zhang Yang had no chance against players like Lo Yigang, Chen Yu, Bao Chun lai and Lin Dan. Tian Houwei may just suffer the same faith. All the players from Malaysia whom he had beaten in the WJC have a lot more chance to take part in tournaments then him inspite of the fact that he had beaten Tommy before in the Vietnam Open and took Taufik to 3 games in the US open last year, though I may be wrong here. His other compatriots like Chen Yekuen.Gao Huan and Qiao Bin may be overtaking him though they were never WJ Champions.

#566 Flyvet, May 6, 2012
  7. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

This is not a very good habit. Give this kind of hope to a wrong player like Chen Jin, Chen Long, Shon W Ho, Lee Hyunil, Tago and even to a fit Vitthinghus and he will get himself into trouble.

8. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

Correction. Tian Houwei lost to Taufik 23-21 and 21-18 in the Canadian Open and not in 3 sets in the US open

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Not quite yet

You gotta watch games 2 and 3.

10. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

How come China did not send their Junior and second stringers to take part in the Malaysian Open Gold? Is China, read LYB, too obsessed with the Thomas/Uber cups and the Olympics and just neglect the players mentioned. The AJC and WJC are important too. The Thais, Japanese, Indonesians and Indians are all throwing their juniors and second stringers into the cauldron to gain valuable experience. Is LYB trying to keep his juniors under wraps and unleash them like a thunderbolt on the other.countries. Is Sidhu still eligible to play in the AJC? If so she and the Thai girl can upset LYB's girls although they did well last year.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sorry,but i thought she beat the so called next saina?

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    WJC and AJC worth nothing in LYB eyes.......

13. limb7567

limb7567 Regular Member

student
    """I returned home to discover that our young doubles pair of Sari and Yao Lei have lost to the MAS 'aunties' in straights....the MAS pair have been WR1 for some time ..That's why our girls have been top-seeded ahead of the Malaysians....that MAS won more from smashes and net play (?) but I suspect our girls must have been rattled by the partisan support from the stands and committed unnecessary errors""""

What a bunch of bullocks you are trying to imply here you arrogant twat.

Mister Kiasu. Don’t have to beat around the bush, just be direct… I think I can translate your though better. Let me rephrase your unkind word:

“Our foreign player bought from our poor neighbouring country with our rich Singapore dollars has lost to a pair of even poorer old Malaysian aunties. Anyhow the aunties were WR1 a long time ago, so even our top seeded china doll and indonesian maid lost is all but justified. Some more the aunties has the support from the uncivilised rowdy crowd which made our players piss in the pants and henceforth unfairly beaten.”

#573 limb7567, May 6, 2012
  14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Perhaps BCers can post us the link when it is available

I have been searching, but still unable to find a link to show the match. :eek::eek::eek:

Perhaps BCers can post us the link when it is available.

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Agree,....competition is very high now !!

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't be too smart and mind your bad tongue.

Your insults are unjustified.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

SDK is BACK !!!

Agree - Competition is very high now.

But if SDK is able to come back to meet up with this high standard, then wouldn't we need to agree to say that SDK is BACK?
    ;););)

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Unforced errors cost Yao, Shinta

Republic's doubles pair still seeking first title of the year after coming close in M'sia

by Dan Guen Chin
    04:45 AM May 07, 2012

JOHOR BAHRU - Singapore's Yao Lei and Shinta Mulia Sari failed to deliver when it mattered, losing 21-18, 21-18 yesterday to Malaysia's Chin Ee Hui and Wong Pei Tty in the women's doubles final at the Yonex Sunrise Malaysia Grand Prix tournament.

At the City Council Indoor Stadium, a string of unforced errors, especially in the second game, saw the Republic's top-seeded duo fritter away their title chances against the second-seeded Malaysian pair.

Particularly disappointing was their inability to close out the second game from a 17-12 lead, and from 18-15, they allowed the Malaysians to score six consecutive points for the straight games victory, and a US$9,840 (S$12,240) winners' cheque. While Chin and Wong have yet to qualify for the 2012 Olympics, world No 13 Yao and Shinta were seeking a confidence booster as the days count down to the Games in July.

"I guess we were just not good enough. We tried so hard but the silly mistakes we made when we leading in the second game contributed to our defeat," said Shinta, who with her partner took home US$4,560.

"Yao Lei and I are disappointed but we must stay focused for the London Olympics. There is a lot of hard work to be done and we need to work on our mental strength."

The five-day tournament also saw the return to form of Malaysia's world No 1 Lee Chong Wei.

The 30-year-old beat Indonesia's Sony Dwi Kuncoro 17-21, 21-18, 21-10 in a 50-minute encounter.

Two weeks ago, Lee lost to South Korea's world No 14 Shon Wan Ho in the final of the Indian Open, and left many wondering if he has fully recovered from the shoulder injury that forced his mid-match withdrawal from the All England final against China's Lin Dan.

But after a slow start, Lee delighted his fans with an attacking display to score his fourth consecutive victory in the tournament.

"I have been very cautious throughout the championship, fearing that my right shoulder injury would flare up again. But it stayed fine and although I will continue with my treatment, today's victory has given me a boost," said Lee who collected a winner's cheque of US$9,000.

"It means I can now play with confidence and execute those full-blooded smashes without worry."

Hosts Malaysia took four of the five titles on offer, including a successful defence of the men's doubles title by Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong, while Goh Liu Ying and Chan Peng Soon won the mixed doubles. Thailand's Busanan Ongbumrungpan defeated Japan's Sayaka Takahashi for the women's singles crown.

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG]

A disappointed Shinta (left) and Yao must now focus on the Olympics in July for a shot at glory. TODAY POOL PHOTO

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

19. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

I didn't follow the GPG, any MAS vs MAS walkover or early retired throughout the tournament? :D

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Errr...so far no ! Maybe BAM didnt order to do so...........LOL