2012 India Open SS: Comments on matches

Discussion in 'India Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Apr 23, 2012.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I know, was waiting for you to start the 'Semi to Finals' one. This morning dont have, so I started one.
    I personally dont like long threads of many pages cos harder to find each day's comments, this India SS is ok, not that popular ;)

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And all of it's 10 inhabitants :D?

3. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Even Australia filled up their seats from QF-Final

All tickets sold out!

Any chance we could get SS next year? :D

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ya, too long a thread is cumbersome, though this one isn't that long, so are we moving over to that one, both running in parallel now? Can chris or eagle or both make a decision?

To stay or move,please announce on both threads.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Once a thread for later stages is started, we all move over there, regardless of who starts it. This one we are discussing....R1 to QF and general comments. As you can see, here they are discussing whether Aust should get SS status, perhaps so as not to disturb the ongoing semis over the other thread ;);)

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I feel that every continent should be represented,at least one Super Series event, to help promote badminton as a world sport;easier said than done,resources and interest are main hurdles but can be overcome,everything starts from somewhere or nothing gets done. The Americas is a case in point,the US Open and Canadian Open are in threat of fading away;hope very much to see more Kevin Cordons and Michelle Lis.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Although it started from England, Badminton has been considered as an Asian sport (just because so many Asians play it).

Now, with so many Asians living in every continent, and also with so many coaches and players moving to every continent, Badminton SS tournaments should be distributed to every continent.

So far, there are just too many SS tournaments played in Asia.

8. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

I watched some Aussie Open matches, I think 95% of the crowd are Asians hehehe.

9. Gingerbeer

Regarding empty seats, I think u mean during the first 2 matches of the semis? When Kashyap vs Shon Won Ho, it was quite full. During Malaysia open, I think the stadium was quite empty too at the beginning of semis or finals, then later in the day when LCW played, u know the story.

10. Gingerbeer

Hm........forgot that's because it was held during an Easter weekend ;):eek:

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    there are so many GPG events which can be considered to be promoted to SS

[TABLE="align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl24"]YONEX German Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 (28 Feb - 4 March)[/TD]
    [TD="class: xl24, width: 367, bgcolor: transparent"] YONEX - SUNRISE Vietnam Open Grand Prix 2012 (21 - 26 Aug)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl25, bgcolor: silver"] Swiss Grand Prix Gold 2012(13 - 18 March)[/TD]
    [TD="class: xl25, bgcolor: silver"] Chinese Taipei Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 (4 - 9 September)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl24, bgcolor: transparent"] Yonex Australian Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 (3 - 8 April )[/TD]
    [TD="class: xl24, bgcolor: transparent"] Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 (25 - 30 September)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl25, bgcolor: silver"] Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 (1 - 6 May)[/TD]
    [TD="class: xl25, bgcolor: silver"] Dutch Open Grand Prix 2012 (9-14 October)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl24, bgcolor: transparent"] SCG Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 (5 - 10 June) [/TD]
    [TD="class: xl24, bgcolor: transparent"] Bitburger Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 (30 - 4 November )[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl25, bgcolor: silver"] Russian Open Grand Prix 2012 (26 June-1 July) [/TD]
    [TD="class: xl25, bgcolor: silver"] Macau Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 (27 November - 2 December )[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl24, bgcolor: transparent"] YONEX/OCBC US Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 (3 - 8 July)[/TD]
    [TD="class: xl24, bgcolor: transparent"] Victor Korea Open Grand Prix Gold(4 - 9 December)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl24, bgcolor: transparent"] Canadian Open Grand Prix 2012 (10 - 15 July)[/TD]
    [TD="class: xl24, bgcolor: transparent"] India Open Grand Prix 2012 (18 - 23 December[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl25, bgcolor: silver"][/TD]
    [TD="class: xl25, bgcolor: silver"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

IMHO, the countries which already have an PSS/SS shouldn't have their GPG event promoted to SS. There are currently 11 GPG events and 5 GP events. Among the 11 GPG events, there are 3 which already have an PSS/SS (ie, Korea, Malaysia and Indonesia). So there are 8 left.

Among the 8 GPG, we can promote 2 to SS. And from the existing 7 SS (ie, not including the PSS), we can relegate 2 to GPG.

But the only thing left is for the 8 organizers to come up with US$200,000. Who can come up with the money?

#731 pcll99, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  12. sen

sen Regular Member

Around 25% of Australian now has Asian link, I think. Doesn't matter who the crowd are, as long as it is full, it is successful

Last year INA PSS, even on the qualification day on Tuesday, the crowd almost full. But we are not allowed to go in to the stadium so we waited at the gate and missed the first half an hour.

13. Gingerbeer

Well......it will take sometime before the people of India will love badminton as Malaysian, Indonesian, and Chinese do.

14. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    It need not end this way for WSX. A player can add a new dimension to her game if she really wants to. I can't believe China let her get away with this style of play all the time. Doesn't zhang ning ever lecture her?

LCW wasn't always the fast hard smasher he is today. Thanks to Li Mao.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I still believe that WSX will be selected to participate in the 2012 Olympic Games. After-all she is still the No.3 CHN ranked WS player.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    For China, if one girl doesn't perform, there are thousands of other girls waiting for the opportunity. Amongst these thousands of girls, LXR is the one now.

17. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Good point. Let's see what happens at the Uber cup later.

18. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Just goes to show the vast amount and pool of talent and resources they have as compared to poor Malaysian Women's singles after the exit of Wong Mew Choo.

19. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Although WSX looks to me like the pre version of LCW before he added the new injection of pace dimension (which I think is possible but need more time of at least half a year), I prefer players like Han Li who still remains as one of my favourites.

Han Li possess the skills and speed and the acumen to attack round the clock regardless of whether on the defensive or attacking mode. I don't know what happen to her.

20. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Australians are real croc dundees of sports aren't they? They never say no sports. "Hi ya mate! Want cock around the court with me"?? So they say..:D