2012 India SS - Semi final and Finals

Discussion in 'India Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by eaglehelang, Apr 27, 2012.

1. nosequien

nosequien Regular Member

Does anybody know how old are they?

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I love this Thai MD, but I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised that KSH/YYS lost to them. I mean, come on this Thai pair almost beat CY/FHF with a match point in the 2nd round of Korean SS Premier, beaten Hashimoto/Hirata and KSH/YYS again in the TC qualifiers... this pair has been on the upward trend since last year when they got more opportunities to compete overseas. I like their attacking dynamic style of play, and Jongjit is really superb at the net.

As for LCW, I guess people are so used to seeing him win every match except against China players that they have forgotten him pre 2011, lol. No big deal, really. People are just getting overexcited.

3. undeadshot

Jongjit Maneepong is the 2009 WJC in XD, so he's 21 this year.
    Issara Bodin should be 22.

Very talented aggressive pair, I must say. First noticed them when they beat MAS 2nd MD in 2010 Asian Games team event. But to most badminton fans they probably came out from nowhere as they have never went past the 2nd round of a Super Series event before.

4. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

The critical point was Sho neutralised LCW's attack, which probably rattled LCW into making so many mistakes, this turned the tide to Sho's side.

Congratulations Sho on your first SS win.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lee CW is clearly not at his best today, not as sharp,speedy and accurate, so I won't read too much in his defeat to Shon, neither would I deny Shon his credit in a well-fought three-setter that could have gone either way in game 3. The question is can Shon do it again? At the moment I doubt so but undeniably more and more players are beginning to entertain similar thoughts of beating LCW. The run-up to the OG is becoming more and more interesting,exciting and thrilling.

6. nosequien

nosequien Regular Member

Than you.
    And yes, I must admit that I have never seen them. I mean, I knew their names but I haven't actually watch them playing. What a nice surprise. I'll be following them :D

7. undeadshot

You're welcome. They don't feature on TV before this tournament so while I have followed them, yesterday was my 1st time seeing them and today only my 2nd. I find their dynamic attacking pretty fun to watch :D

8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Are the Thai Pair qualified to play in London ???????

9. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

Fly fishing and badminton instructor
    Reply to aalan
    She is the only female player to hold the Olympic, World Championship, and All-England singles titles simultaneously and still on Top over Ten years carrier . I doubt if Li Xuerui can beat Susi in her prime year, not even any CHN WS ever.

I can't remember the score for their head-to-head encounters. But the fact remains that she was beaten before by attacking players like Ye and ,may be , even Tang Jiuhong. She may have lost to Korean Ban So Yong too in one of the Olympics. I can't remember Ban's playing style. You said Ye was mentally not strong. Does that make Li Xierui mentally not strong too? So what's the basis for saying that Susanti can easily beat her because she won two Olympic medals.? Must as well say the great Rudy can easily Beat LCW and Lin Dan because he won the AE 8 times in a row and LCW only twice and Lin Dan 5 times.

#629 Flyvet, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  10. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    good question. Thailand do not have so good or strong men pair so want to know if they qualify to London or not.

Jongjit is very good at net and Bodin is going to improve for more power at the back and they always produce good trick shot and very fancy style which is very fun to watch. I am very enjoy watching them as they always have a surprized shots. Go go and cheer them to be at front in the badminton world. good news friends.

11. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

He looked better today than against Taufik. I think you're still underestimating how good the play was today.

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

They are now qualified for OG12 :)

13. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I agree with you ....Great match from the duo. This pair treated this match like a kickboxing match..(I know this because I watch kickboxing)... going wild on every corner of the court...

Although I must say the Koreans especially Ko Sung Hyun seem to be off form in this match... can't really complain much.

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Keep doubting.... I also doubt susi could beat any top ten WS players nowadays....Just keep doubting.... That's our rightful rights and no one can prove anyway... :D

15. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

Fly fishing and badminton instructor
    Oops ! sorry someone else said that Ye Zhaoying was mentally not strong.

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Cai/Fu and Jung/Lee have a new threat now...

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Shon wan ho totally deserved this title.. That must be his best badminton match played by him in his entire career...It's good that LCW doesn't peak too early before the OG2012 also...

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I've said before Wng Xin + Wang Shixian combined is a sure winner, but you went one further and included Wang Yihan as well to equal one Li Xuerui !!! Methinks,you over-praise her, you are the crazy one (just joking):D

Doubtless,LXR today is astounding. She was lackluster, out of sorts,error-prone and unrecognisable in game 1, nothing seemed right. In game 2 ,she slowly steadied herself, regrouped,and worked herself point by point back into the game and managed to level it. In game 3, she was the LXR we've come to know and loved,overpowering her dumbstruck opponent into submission. Throughout the whole match, Juliane was playing very well actually, continuing her form and momentum from previous rounds. Any lesser player would have wilted and given it up as a bad day but not LXR, that's the hallmark of a true champion, a great player ! A somewhat jaded out-of-form LXR could turn the match around in a come-from-behind victory, just imagine what a fresher,charged-up LXR would do !

The tournament's already over and I still cannot get over the emotional tosses and turns, all thanks to Li Xuerui and Lee CW !!!

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    My only hope is that LCW is only concealing his true strength until August.

20. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    She can replicate Wang Shixian's shots and Wang Yihan's placement...the only thing she doesn't have was Wang Xin's agility..