Draw of INDIA Open Super Series 2012

Discussion in 'India Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by okiazr, Apr 10, 2012.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    two less opponents for LXR to worry about.

btw, how do i find out the latest withdrawal? thanks

2. Toastie

Toastie Regular Member

Another update on tournamentsoftware: Some more withdrawals, Chen XU/Ma Jin and Fuchs/Michels are misssing (and probably some more, that I didn't notice).

No qualification in the doubles tomorrow, more qualification spots than players..

3. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    NEW DELHI: India's top women's badminton player Saina Nehwal said on Monday that it was somewhat a handicap playing in China as the line calls invariably go in favour of Chinese players.

Saina suffered a shock loss against little-known Chinese youngster Xiao Jia Chen in the second round of the Badminton Asia Championships in Qingdao, China.

"I knew Chen is a good player but had not played her much before. The line and umpires calls in China go in favour of Chinese, so it's a big advantage for others, but I'm not complaining," Saina told reporters here after a gruelling practice session ahead of the Indian Open, starting on Tuesday.

When is she going to stop talking so much ?! Seriously though, play your game.......

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

oh no. she and her big mouth, again

5. sen

sen Regular Member

The winner of BAC will meet their senior LYD/JJS in second round if they both wins their round1.

6. sen

sen Regular Member

European Champions XD also missing now in ts. They withdrew ?

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Seriously...she needs to shut up........

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

normally one should leave the talking to the racket, on court.
    unfortunately she got more spare time than most from her too frequent early exits, tournament after tournament.

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Tine Baun, known for her ill-temper on court, never talked a lot to the media...She let her game speaks and in fact she is more successful than Saina...

Who is she to come up with such a bold statement....Only 4 Super Series titles in bag and you think you have power to talk so much ******** about other player..

10. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    ok not shut up....but she should watch out or at least add a filter to her mouth...words tell us so much about her character and attitude.

11. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    If LXR does it again and beat WSX in the final, she is on the way to London Olympics.

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    WSX might not even go that far....

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

At first I thought that the media might be exaggerating things. But time and again, Saina seems to make this kind of statements that I even have my doubts about her now. Seems arrogant. If you don't want to let your fans down, be like LCW.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm surprised Saina took her defeat so badly, the scoreline 21-13,21-16 wasn't that close,was she implying quite a few,not just 1 or 2 calls were unjust? After that CXJ went on to beat Wang Xin and pushed LXR hard, based on that I believed her victory over Saina was no fluke.

I remember Tine losing to some youngsters before in China,once to a certain Yao Xue if I remember correctly,at other times to somebody else and she didn't utter a word,preferring to let her racquet do the talking. I'm afraid her blabbering like a sore loser dented my good image of her. She ought to know by now,the only way to shut everybody's mouth is to beat the Chinese more often and,frankly,she does have the skills and talents,only something is missing - that's for herself and her coach to figure it out.

#34 Justin L, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Saina should be thankful she's playing for India,if she were to be a Chinese WS,she would be gone by now,not so much for complaining but simply replaced by some up and coming youngsters. That's a luxury none of the Chinese WSs have. Just think,were LXR from any other country,the wild celebrations,the splashing headlines,the receptions at the airport every time she returns by at least the Minister of Sports if not the Head of State, the numerous awards,accolades,lucrative sponsorships,and so on and so forth. But in China, she is only one among many and has to be wary of being outperformed or surpassed by her fellow teammates,worse still by another Chinese youngster from nowhere.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Saina may have spoken too soon,not leaving a way out for herself,what if she loses to CXJ again here on homeground? Of course,if she wins, well and good ('see what I mean,I'm really better than her...') ,if not ...

Such statements are self-defeating,should let somebody else say it even if justifiable. Remember the rogue judging incidents in the Korean GPG involving Liu Xin,Chen Jin and Han Li(who was shown a red card for protesting),none of the Chinese players made public statements ,letting other people do the talking, a BWF article actually insinuated it. Rogue judging ought not to be practised nor tolerated anywhere. I'm sure every player worth his salt wants to win fair and square, with pride and dignity - and lose graciously.

17. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I am good judge of character...i dont see her a player who exercise decent modesty at all...she belittles her other opponents indirectly and publicly and only puts herself on the same level as the top 4 Chinese players.

To me, i find it insulting to the other Thai, Korean, Japanese and even Tai-phoon who had from time to time again beaten her, giving her a no clean sheet record in her career...

in short, she doesn't respect her opponents...

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Saina is having a hard time finding form. Hopefully she can find it in the OG. ;)

She is the only one who can break the chinese walls. But, I doubt if any other players can do it. ;)

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Nobody is denying she is good...But she keeps on and on with her usual thrash talk on the media...so desperate to send a message across about her only rare ability to challenge the Chinese players but no one else...and started making excuses/ give a benefit of doubt to her opponents who happen to beat her on that day..

I remember when she suffered her first and unexpected defeat to Wang Shixian in Paris...she was trying so hard to hide the embarrassment, stressing how surprised she was when playing against her...and didnt expect her to improve at all since the last time she beat her in the Junior Champ.

Another defeat which she found unacceptable was to Yip Pui Yin in Asian Games 2010; she blamed Yip Pui Yin for employing dirty tactics to break her rhythm and kept saying what a noble player she is who will NEVER EVER resort to this sort of tactics to win.....another lame excuse to cover the fact that she was not the better player that day....

She went on and on and i didnt see any sign of improvement through the media. Now she questioned the ability of a young Chen Xiao Jia for beating her just because of one/two unjust calls.

I am more than inclined to watch her get defeated by any player in every tournament than succeeding...brings so much life satisfaction to myself.

20. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

There!!!! Right there!!! Until that line, everything you wrote was probably justified and then there in that last line everything gets undone quite spectacularly! Your prejudice against her is so stupefying that it borders racism! Well but, it'll paint me in the same light as you, if I were to accuse you of racism without even knowing you well. Supporting your players is one thing but unbridled and malicious hatred towards a certain human being really shows your true state of mind! You need help.... Pronto!

In any case, its just a sport mate! You need to try and sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful game. There may be a thousand reasons behind every single line attributed to her in the papers and media. The only thing that matters is the game when played on court. Two players plying their wits, fighting it out, irrespective of the abilities of the opponent. That's all that counts! Hope you understand!