New Badminton tournament: The 2012 Axiata Cup

Discussion in 'Axiata Cup 2012' started by chris-ccc, Feb 5, 2012.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    For fun meaning that they play and enjoy it...anyway...you got to see rubber games with Hayom and tight games with MD...whats else to expect?spectators were happy and MAS team could smile as well...Hendrawan got credits that his youngters played better than their seniors...just think about it!!
    Tommy at least played all out to make sure INA won solidly...

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Is Hayom instructed to play seriously & winning on the middle of the game, instead of having fun after Iskandar won the 1st set with his "annoying style of clothing & play " to INA fans ?

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Oh, it's more serious than reported. Msian press reported KKK had fever only. That's why KKK not sitting at court side, only TBH

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    He has a right to play his own style...you may not like it but he did his job to win the match...did he play seriously or not..we did not know..at the end INA won 3-0....the definition of "fun" could be..just relax and enjoy it...does not mean you throw the shuttles left and right, smash it out or into the net...

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Thats why we knew that either GOH/LIM or TBH/LIM would be fielded...BAM's doctor still advised LCW not to play...INA decided to filed Ahsan/Hendra as it is the safest choice as Kido/Hendra and Bona/Ahsan might struglle with this pair.....and MAS knew that combination of Ahsan/Hendra was way better..

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    That is definitely not....in my opinion the words fun is giving the spectators a good show....

@eaglehelang

Did you watch Iskandar vs Hayom match ?

7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Well..the spectators did enjoy it that Hayom won....for them coming to the stadium and they did enjoy rubber games and you could see the happiness erupted once Hayom won...you should come to stadium which you told me you would and I was kind enough to send you PM in your inbox which I did not get any acknowledgement...

8. eaglehelang

Yes Licin,why? Hayom had his yoyo moments(as per usual :p), so did Iskandar, which I find uncharacteristic, not sure why. Iskandar is not the yoyo type, he doesnt do stuff like lose such a biggggg lead, if Iskandar lost focus, then he must learn to be mentally stronger. In the 2nd set, when Iskandar lost a succession of pts, he looked at Hendrawan, puzzled.
    Ramdan tried but physically lack stamina

#608 eaglehelang, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    If you come to stadium then you had a chance to ask if the spectators enjoyed it or not...they were cheering and so happy when Hayom in 3 games...
    This is problem that I was kind enough to you guys "inside details" which I think I wont do it next time...the more info I share the you guys ask here and there and I will stop doing next ..

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Oh my God... I am really sorry to hear that.. But seriously i did not receive any PM from you, Hauge..I have double checked my Inbox as well ...
    If i have received it, it is impossible for me for not replying you, as i would really like to hang out ...

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    wow...you did not watch the game????? and you could comment it????ck..ck..ck

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Apart from giving the chance for all the players involved to earn huge paychecks , this tourney will be labeled a big joke if Axiata pulls out of the sponsorship next year.

Again, I have always felt from the start that the arrangements for this event appear to be very rushed and the sponsors seem very eager to have everything settled by April. Do they know that 2012 is an Olympics qualifying period and end of Mar-mid Apr is a bad period because it's right after All-England and there's the Aussie Open GPG, BAC, and India SS lined-up in April?

If the main purpose is simply to let MAS enjoy some glory in the Team-Event, then, it will be a very very costly mistake. The INA players must really thank the generous sponsorship from Axiata...US$600k from them! US$200k for the MAS players and another US$200k for the rest.

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I did send it on thursday night or friday morning>>i forgot...anyway..BC community know me well...and some of us would like to share many infos and after all this is BADMINTON CENTRAL....and you should appreciate it than questioning it....

14. eaglehelang

Dont like that lah Hauge. Next time just give basic details (hint2) ;);). Hayom, oh yes, Hayom's expression at times looked blur, like he's thinking about other things while playing :p - might not be true, but he look like that to me, lol. If he didnt wake up, seriously, Iskandar would have beaten him

#614 eaglehelang, Apr 1, 2012
  15. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    FYI..it is true that they rushed it but the idea of having AXIATA was last year and the organizer had a hard time to convince BAC to officiate this event....unfortunately if AXIATA was not held this year, Axiata would like to scrap this event and they have looked at all calendars and only on February is available...and it is true that the timing was off.......remember that I said" may be" and I have thrown another formats and we hope Axiata will support this event next year as BAC asked and hope they keep this event..

16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah...Hayom suddenly dreamed & half of his focus being transported to his yoyo world..:p.. However all of sudden, he came back stronger with delicate net shot...& big power smashes... At the end he sealed the match.

By the way, I really like the way Iskandar play, he still have not possessed a big power of smash.. but he is quite agile that makes him exile on defense..His mental strength, in my opinion is quite good, considering he played in Jakarta, but still able to drag Hayom to the 3rd set & played some mental game :D which for me is quite refreshing..

#616 Licin, Apr 1, 2012
  17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I know the reason why Arif looked at Hendrawan..anyway..I wont share it here..later on they will question why Arif or Hayom did that...

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

What I would like to see is an ASEAN Badminton-League. That would be more interesting than the current format.

Imagine we have PB Djarum fielding 2 MS & 1 MD to face KLRC or Nusa Mansuri. If a certain country does not have professional clubs, they can have the National Team to play.

Plus, the matches can be spread out throughout the season, so, it won't be rushed.

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I am present at the stadium, hauge. I am a little bit unwell but still i am dragging myself to the stadium, because it is nearby my place & it is very rare i had this opportunity of watching world ranked players in such a close distance....

20. eaglehelang

Not Arif lah Hauge, it's Iskandar, lol. Arif was playing in KL, totally crushed by Taufik