50 string jobs later.... what have I learned?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Oct 2, 2010.

1. hesho

hesho Regular Member

bit curious, what do you mean by "hard weaving"? I'm not a big fan of pre-weaving so i just weave, tension, weave, tension. It takes a crazy amount of time but at least i haven't broken any racquets yet.

2. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    I like to completely weave the cross string then tension them all the same time one after another. I'm onto 350 string jobs.....also just ordered a Wise and Eagnas 910 combo. Let's see how this stacks up to what I'm currently using a Smart 6000

#82 AZbadman, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  3. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I thought Smart 6000 tension-head is true constant pull ?

4. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing

It is a true constant pull and I've used it for over 300 racquets, but unfortunately, it malfunctions a lot. I went ahead an bought the other stringer as a back up while I send my Smart 6000 in for service. :crying:

5. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Logged in 1719 rackets this year, not including tournaments, maybe another 500ish. 1 more month and maybe 70ish I havent logged in yet.
    more tournaments next year I hope!! =P

6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

kakinami, that is truly prodigious! You've pressed more string in your life than Eddie van Halen and John Williams put together! Awesome.

7. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Caught up loggin in rackets 12/2/11 logged in 1818 at Synergy plus 688 for tournaments. Synergy has logged over 2500 rackets this year!!! SWEET!!

8. bigfishoz

bigfishoz Regular Member

Manager
    Awesome

Last October I started my very first Stringing and only completed 300 in total in the past 12 months. To do 2500 per year means 50 rackets per week - that is awesome and crazy

9. hesho

hesho Regular Member

that's CRAZY. This just shows how small of a city i'm in... I've strung... 13 racquets this year for money and 3 club racquets (no charge)

10. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Done counting for the year!!! 2013 in the shop. 688 tournaments 255 tennis club= 2956 for 2011. Gonna try to keep better trail of rackets this year =)

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i bow in your general direction, AK!

12. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

That is an average of 8.1 rackets for each day of the year.
    Or another way of looking at is that for every 2.97 hours of your life, you have strung a racket. Doesn't leave a lot of time for a hobby. :eek:

13. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Thanks for the stats!!!

14. Smautf

Smautf Regular Member

...so I've now completed my third string job, and what have I learned? Well, quite a lot already, and I certainly won't be going back to my local stringing shop (at £17 a time). I'm pretty certain now that they have not always strung my rackets at the tension I've asked for.
    Hope to improve speed and quality of my stringing with practise - I'll use two identical rackets in rotation, and re-string each every four weeks to give me practise (so I'll be stringing a racket at least every two weeks). The satisfaction of playing with a racket you have strung yourself is very pleasing.
    In my stringing log I'm also recording the musical pitch of the strung racket when the strings are tapped (e.g. Arcsaber Omega @ 18 LBS BG65 comes out at the note 'E'), and will track how this changes as the strings stretch with playing.
    Went for a dropweight machine with fixed clamps in the end which I lke and will do for me, although I already feel that a locking turntable would have its uses. Music whilst stringing is good...a new hobby is born.

smautf

15. ksmok

ksmok Regular Member

retail operation
    hi kwan,
    i am new to this forum, and i am interested about the different type of technique/method discussed.
    would u mind to tell me what is yonex stringing pattern, haribito and others method.

from all of those, which do u think is good for social player ( play twice a week)

16. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    I've always taken the yonex pattern to mean that with the outer most main strings instead of working all the way out, you go from bottom grommet 9 to 12, then back down to 10 (remember that grommet 11 is cross only). I think the theory is that it's better at holding tension, and as a bonus i can generally get the strings to sit much neater that way too.

miki likes this.
  17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i believe everyone should start with the Yonex pattern. it is a standard pattern that is pretty simple to do.

18. ksmok

ksmok Regular Member

retail operation
    thanks kwun,
    could u provide any visualise material to show how does Yonex method look and how to string the yonex pattern?

tq

19. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Welcome
    2) Can you do a search before you ask question.

20. Keat888

Keat888 New Member

Dear all, I wonder could anyone please give me some instruction how to mount a racket onto a pros pro xp plus manual stringing machine. It has a six point holder. I have already messed up my belove v80. While I m stringing, I could see the racket moving. I have secured all six points. Please advise what went wrong. I only started to string rackets last month. I used one string with 2 knots system. I strung my racket 22lb straight n 24lb cross, but only the mid half, the bottom 4 cross I strung 22lb. Is this correct way? Please help