Tommy Sugiarto

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by naistav, Apr 8, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Because of the 2011 Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold in Samarinda, East Kalimantan

Reply from Hadi Nazri, the Indonesian Badminton Association’s (PBSI) head of athlete development;

“We let the national team shuttlers skip the China Masters because we know it would be taxing if they played in three consecutive tournaments in a month”.

Source: http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/badminton-doubles-teams-in-spotlight-at-china-masters/465217

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======

Sandy Pramuji
    September 13, 2011

With its singles shuttlers resting after playing in Taiwan last week, Indonesia’s only representatives at this week’s China Masters Super Series will be doubles pairs.

Most of the country’s top players skipped the event in Changzhou to have more rest before the Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold in Samarinda, East Kalimantan, later this month.

“We let the national team shuttlers skip the China Masters because we know it would be taxing if they played in three consecutive tournaments in a month,” said Hadi Nazri, the Indonesian Badminton Association’s (PBSI) head of athlete development.

“They have to be more focused, and we decided it was better for them to play in their home tournament.”

Indonesia’s best bet for a title in China is men’s doubles.

The pairs taking part are Bona Septano and Mohammad Ahsan, Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan, Alvent Yulianto Chandra and Hendra Aprida Gunawan, and youngsters Angga Pratama and Ryan Agung Saputra.

Men’s doubles coach Herry Iman Pierngadi said his attention was on Bona and Ahsan, as well as Angga and Ryan, who are regarded as the next Indonesian stars.

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ok, thanks for the info chris

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

http://www.kaltimpost.co.id/index.php?mib=berita.detail&id=111860

Tommy Sugiarto are an example of shuttlers who already out of pelatnas Cipayung but still has good achievement. However, he still want go back to national training camp with one requirement.

The requirement is so simple : official request from PBSI "Until now still no have written call, if have we will immediately respond it. Let's see how is it" said Tommy

4. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Tommy defeated Taufik Hidayat 21-10 21-15 and reach final round of INA GP Gold. It will be Tommy's second GPG final this year. Hope he can win it. Anyway, he will face Hayom tomorrow.

5. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Hope he can qualify to next year OG

6. naistav

naistav Regular Member

I hope he can qualify too. But with that, Simon will be taken out :(.

7. miksss

miksss Regular Member

8. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Since Tommy had leave Pelatnas, where is he now?

9. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    He's playing under Pelatda DKI Jakarta.

10. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Badminton: Tommy Sugiarto Is Back
    Ami Afriatni | October 07, 2011

After 15 months out of the Indonesian Badminton Association’s good graces, Tommy Sugiarto is back with the national team. Tommy and Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka rounded out the men’s singles squad as the association, also known as the PSBI, announced its 20-shuttler squad for the Southeast Asian Games on Friday.

Taufik Hidayat and Simon Santoso were already assured of their places. That left the ailing Sony Dwi Kuncoro, who won a silver medal in men’s singles in the 2009 Games after losing to Simon in the final, out of the squad and with plenty of time to rue his precipitous drop in form.

“This really is an honor for me because [the PBSI] recognizes my achievements despite the fact I’m no longer in the national training camp,” Tommy said on Friday. “I’ll do my best for the country.”

Friday’s announcement was another breakthrough for the 23-year-old, who quit the national team in June 2010 after slumping to 123rd in the world ranking. Tommy has won three tournaments this year, including his first Grand Prix Gold title in Taiwan, and seen his ranking rise to 18th.

“I have a big responsibility on my shoulders right now, and I will work hard not to disappoint the fans,” said Tommy, the eldest son of Indonesian badminton legend Icuk Sugiarto.

Taufik, who has also left the national training camp, said the PBSI made the right decision. “This is the best squad we have right now,” the world No. 5 said.

Sony, who lost in qualifying for last month’s Japan Open Super Series, has struggled to return to top form after a back injury earlier this year.

Another surprise pick was Bellatrix Manuputty in women’s singles. The PBSI took a chance on the world No. 119, leaving out established players such as Aprillia Yuswandari and Fransisca Ratnasari.

“Bellatrix reached the Indonesian Grand Prix Gold semifinals last week. That showed she’s been improving. I don’t think we picked the wrong person,” badminton team manager Maria Fransisca said.

Adrianti Firdasari, Lindaweni Fanetri and Maria Febe Kusumastuti round out the women’s singles squad.

In men’s doubles, the world’s sixth-ranked duo, Mohammad Ahsan and Bona Septano, are accompanied by Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan.

Greysia Polii and Meiliana Jauhari will join Vita Marissa and Nadya Melati in women’s doubles, while Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir will compete in mixed doubles alongside Fran Kurniawan Teng and Pia Zebadiah Bernadet.

“The squad was decided after meetings between the PBSI head of athletes’ development [Hadi Nazri] and coaches,” Maria said. “They are the best we have, and hopefully we can reach our target in the SEA Games.”

The PBSI has set a target of winning four of the five gold medals on offer at the Games, matching its 2009 achievement in Vientiane, Laos.
    Aseason of unprecedented success has secured Tommy Sugiarto’s SEA Games place.

source :
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/badminton-tommy-sugiarto-is-back/470279

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Looks like he's the man going to replace Sony or Simon for Ina.

12. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Tommy is progressing, but not sure he can reach Sony/Simon level (i.e. winning SS). His recent lost from Hafiz confirm this. But if he continue to work hard, he might be able to reach top 10, but not more than that. Relatively limited talent. Same (or worse) faith goes to Hayom as well who have better talent but poor mentality.
    INA will just have to wait another to rise.

13. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Singapore SS is first final of Tommy Sugiarto in SS tournaments and I really hope he can grab the title here after his last title in Chinese Taipeh GPG. Today is the biggest chance, really hope that he can move forward to be top world 5 in MS. He proved that he can beat Chinese top players with his style, and I give him applause for it.

14. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Yeah. Tommy explained the word "progressing" so far. He didn't come at sudden, but start with small. Appreciate this as good example for youngsters.

15. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Congratulation, Tommy. This first title in Singapore is well deserved of your hard working in training, never-say-die attitude in most of your game, continual learning, determination. Those are factors that most of INA athletes are a bit less in contrary with talents. A really good example for INA MS youngster. It is time that INA MS youngsters to understand that Men Single of INA is not only about Taufik technicality style.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Congratulations to Tommy for his maiden title.. He has improved tremendously in the recent months.. He has beaten top 10 players consistently in recent times.. The casuality includes Chen Long, TinMInNyugen, Boonsak Ponsanna etc.. Really great to see him like that..

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Indeed, congratulations to Tommy Sugiarto for his biggest achievement so far in terms of winning a maiden Super Series title in Singapore this week! He has shown progress in beating top CHN players (Chen Long and Wang Zhengming) and other top 10 players that even Simon or Sony has trouble with (Nguyen Tien Minh and Boonsak Ponsana).

With this victory, he should be among the top 8 seeds in Guangzhou and I expect him to progress to at least QF.

18. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Wonder how Hayom will react to this? :|

19. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    He will be world number 7, highest rank Indonesian Men's Singles rank above Sony I think.

20. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Is he with PBSI ?..