2011 China Open SSP: Round 2 Thu 24-Nov

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Nov 23, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    :D:D:D Even if Ratchanok is unable to do it this year (in 2011), there shall be many years ahead of her for her to do so, since she is young.

Or, perhaps Ratchanok can do it this year, and again and again in more years to come. :D:D:D

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    As of now, I would agree with you. Ratchanok is still young and her game is not too consistent yet. As shown by her defeat to Fu Mingtian at the SEA Games just last week. But she does pick up quite a lot of tournament mileage ....... so maybe in future, who knows.

3. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    caiyok..TBH and KKK. You can do it.

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Because she always does. Highly overrated

5. green_day

green_day Regular Member

Not sure if you folks could see Taufik's game on the Internet, but if you couldn't, Taufik came out smashing and playing serious against Simon from the very first set. I guess Taufik knew it would be an uphill battle against Simon from the outset. Unfortunately, Taufik's lack of fitness ultimately lead to his downfall.

It was the same story against Yi Lu yesterday. Taufik was out of gas in the third set. Lucky for Taufik, Li Yu has no power on his smash and could not finish Taufik and Taufik scraped by in the tie breaker in the 3rd set. Taufik got a huge break at 20-20 when he hit the tape with the shuttle, the shuttle somehow rolled over the net, and it landed just inside the line.

Not counting Lin Dan, LCW, and Peter Gade, Taufik truly has the top 4 skills in the world with his racket. But as good as Taufik's racket skills are, it doesn't matter if he is slow and unfit. Peter Gade is still a top 4 player in the world at 34 - there is no excuse for Taufik''s fitness at his age. If Taufik isn't serious for the Olympics next year, he really should retire - it's an eyesore to watch all that talent wasted because of a lack of motivation.

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You are a good coach and I like your attitude being optimistic and encouraging...Ratchanok is a very good player that can take on the CHN girls and coming from a non-baddy power house with limited resources, compared to MAS, JAP, CHN. I don't think she can win a SS in her career (I would like to see her prove me wrong). The CHN girls are far more concerned of their comrades who can easily knock them of from their place in the national team (e.g. WL, LL, ZL to name a few who lost their place and look like yesterday girls).

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

believe me or not, TH is fighting for his London 2012 ticket and probably wouldn't make it.
    before this China Open, Simon is only 4000 point behind him. if he beat PG tomorrow that gap will be about 500 points with 1 t'ment in hand.
    TH is currently at No 15 of the qualification table, just 2 places above safety!

#307 AlanY, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Many thought it would be SN to challenge CHN. Al least now, we can hope for RI

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Provided she is not distracted, injured or waylaid ... along the way! :D:D:D:D:D

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Ratchanok

That name alone is a killer name. Is good as a powerful name to send shiver to opponent's spine. Feng Shui name power.:D

11. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Ratchanok actually has more tricks in her bag of arsenal weaponry than Wong Mew Choo. Ratchanok's badminton skills is more polished and her strokes more deceptive than WMC.

12. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    WD Finalist

I'd really liked to see Mizuki fujii/ Reiki Kakiiwa (why do jap names need double 'i's?) to enter the finals. They are so positive, filled with gung-ho spirit and have so much potential. It's about time for them to be in the lime light.

13. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    good luck for that mission! I guess many do support this idea, would be great to see once in the life another country on top of WD tournaments - we need to get that category more interesting!

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the second i is pronounced separately afaik.

15. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    I kept wondering that somehow Ratchanok's playing style and patient demeanor reminds me of another player of a past era. Now it struck me that she plays like Joko Suprianto.

16. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Wang Shi Xian is actually bored of her own stroke-playing style. She just don't know it yet. It's not nice to her when more and more opponents know how to read her game now.

With a service that takes forever to deliver and virtually no killer smashes at all :mad:, you can really use the time to swat flies when her opponents retrieves all her shots.

#316 Pakito, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  17. sen

sen Regular Member

Both Taufik and Simon will play at Super Series Finale. Guaranteed 6000+ points for just being there. I think both will be in top 15 of qualification table after SS finale. Also they both will play at Macau GP gold.

Simon may overtake Taufik eventually but both probably will qualify for Olympic

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Like Kaki-Iwa. :):):)

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Either WSX upgrades her play to something version 2.0 or just gets ready to be trashed out more often by more variety of players :D

If not for Oly qualification, indeed it is not too much a problem for China to lose her, there are several stars among her fellows who are ready to take up her position. IMO, LXR has more complete and better attacking play, therefore more reliable!

Well, lets see pretty soon how good can IR challenge LXR in this QF (though she still leads 1-0 in H2H) :p

#319 kelana, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011