2011 Indonesia GP Gold Finals: Sunday 02-October

Discussion in 'Japan Open / Indonesia GP Gold 2011' started by chris-ccc, Oct 1, 2011.

1. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

So...........................??? :D:p

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    china should send their players to acting skool... gip some tears la!!!

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Pelatnas wins 2 titles in Samarinda and Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka won the battle of prestige as he maintains his good record against Tommy Sugiarto. Let's hope this first GPG title for him will spur him not to lose once again in the first round of SS tourneys.

Meanwhile, Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan defend their title successfully after an easy victory over the Japanese pair of Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa. Right now, they need to step up and try to win a SS title. They also need to start beating Fu/Cai, Jung/Lee, and Ko/Yoo.

Overall, it has been 3 good tourneys for Bona/Ahsan, only losing to Fu/Cai and Boe/Mogensen.

4. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    The Malaysian pair of VH/WKW (Unseeded) did a great job of defeating the Chinese pair of BYX/ZQX (Seeded 8) in the WDF match although in the process they almost did not make it. This was because they let an early wide-margin lead in the rubber game go up in smoke and then trailed the Chinese. However, they made amends and came out winners in the end.
    Congratulations to VH/WKW for their first ever win in an international tournament, though at the grand prix gold level.
    The 2011 BIOGPG tournament showed the 3 senior Indonesian players, TH, SS and SDK, in slump-mode and it is hoped that they pick up the pieces soon or else they will be consigned to be non-seeds for the 2012 OG. Hopefully, LM could energize SS and SDK and help improve the skills of TS and DHR.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Congratulations!!!
    To VH/WKW on a great week's worth of badminton!!!
    To DINO for his epic title!!!
    To BYX/HH for not laughing out loud when XC **ahem, cough-cough** "bent backwards" for them...
    To PHY for showing the way how the game is to be played: with a HUGE HEART!!!
    To Bona/Ahsan for not ruining the script and showing the needed consistency!! :D

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Should Rexy take the credit for WD department now?Rexy may say...well..I have not trained them yet but they already won a title.....

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Anyway>>I was in Samarinda for whole week for this event...all PBSI are happy that Hayom won and they could not stand with Icuk at all....
    Zhang Jun actually is very talkactive and too bad my Mandarin is limited..
    For BCL's fans....he is still in Beijing and he wont play for Chinese league ( been told) and Lu Lan is out from China team

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks Rudy for the update.

9. badminto_expert

badminto_expert Regular Member

Consultant
    Anyone has video for this? MD final, MS Final, MIXD, WS, WS?

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, absolutely agree and the cuties Vivian/Khe Wei eliminated 2 CHN pairs en route to win title here, congrats!

And hopefully this victory will boost Hayom motivation at next tourneys :)
    Lu Lan follows Zhu Lin path, slump performance after being WC and out of CHN national team...

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

CHN WS players seem to have a short shelf life these days. Not surprising really with the amount of quality players waiting in the wings and breathing down the necks of the incumbents.

12. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Really?? Not expected, if that Tommy's personality like that before... Recently, I am impressed with him performances. In my eyes he is like Sony's style cooling man.

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Especially in WS...tough being CHN WS player, as good as they are, they are good as the last game they play...4 CHN WC (XXZ, ZL, LL and WL-injury) cannot defend their crown. Madbad, I checked out the new Clear One badminton facility (just the 2nd day open) in a brand new 14-court facility. You may want to come and check it out too.

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    epic win for the Malaysian girls. their passion really showed at the end of the game. bringing the Chinese youngsters to their knees (kinda literally as one of them were cramping at the 2nd half of the 3rd game)

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hayom’s Win Adds Twist to SEA Games Debate

Hayom’s Win Adds Twist to SEA Games Debate

Sandy Pramuji
    October 02, 2011

The race for men’s singles berths at the Southeast Asian Games got tighter on Sunday after Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka’s victory at the Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold.

Hayom’s 21-16, 21-17 defeat of Tommy Sugiarto, a fellow SEA Games hopeful, at Palaran Sports Hall in Samarinda left the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) plenty to ponder when selecting the national team.

Hayom, whose place in the national team had been under fire after losing in the first round in four successive tournaments, showed he still had the talent that brought him to prominence in the first place.

“I’m overjoyed with this victory, especially because I lost in the final here last year,” he said, referring to a 2010 defeat at the hands of Taufik Hidayat.

“When I entered the court, I just focused on the match. I didn’t think about winning or losing, but I knew I could beat him. I played a fast, attacking game and I managed to put more pressure on him.”

While Tommy missed out on his fourth title of the season, his resurgence since withdrawing from the national team’s training camp earlier this year has brought him back into consideration by the PBSI.

“Congratulations to Hayom because he deserved to win. I think my best performance here was when I beat Taufik [Hidayat] in the semifinals,” the world No. 19 said.

The PBSI said on Friday that the SEA Games roster will be announced today, after the Indonesia Open finished.

With Taufik and Simon Santoso already all but assured of their presence in the team, the PBSI is looking for two other shuttlers to complete the men’s singles squad. Hayom, Tommy, Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Shesar Hiren Rustavito are the leading candidates.

Indonesia ended the $120,000 Grand Prix Gold tournament with two titles after Bona Septano and Mohammad Ahsan defended their title with a 21-13, 21-14 win over Hiroyuki Endo and Kenichi Hayakawa of Japan.

“We’re glad to defend our title here and also win our first trophy this season,” Ahsan told the PBSI’s Web site.

“I think the Japanese didn’t play well today.”

China also earned two titles in East Kalimantan. Unseeded Chen Xiao Jia stunned 24th-ranked and No. 6 seed Pi Hongyang of France 19-21, 21-15, 21-17 to win the women’s singles crown.

He Hanbin and Yixin Bao won the mixed doubles crown after compatriots Xu Chen and Ma Jin retired. He and Yixin won the first game 21-19 and trailed 4-1 in the second when their opponents withdrew.

Malaysia’s Vivian Hoo and Woon Khe Wei beat China’s Yixin Bao and Zhong Qianxin 19-21, 21-19, 21-18 in the women’s doubles final.

Source: http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sports/badminton-hayoms-win-adds-twist-to-sea-games-debate/469095

#275 chris-ccc, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It's a pretty merciless piece of business, this CHN WS. It's amazing that WYH managed to reinvent herself in 1 year and now sits on top of the pile.

OT–Pity we did not get to meet in Calgary. Guess I'll have to organize another trip there to check out the Clear One facility. Is it closer to your place?

17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Like Sarah Palin once said, 'I can Russia from my house':D Yes, it is very close to my house, 10-15 min drive, using the new ring road with very few traffic lights and can go at 100 kph.
    Not to knock on Sunridge, but just an honest opinion. Clear One is a new tenant in a brand new building with new mechanical ventilation system while Sunridge is in an old Sears warehouse with original mechanical ventilation system. I played in Sunridge once in the summer and it is sweltering hot and humid, great to lose weight though. Clear One is a very impressive facility.
    The flooring is Sunridge is laid on rubber material, great for the knees but does take time to get used to. I was told Clear One has the rubber mats below the hard surface on top, you have to see it for yourself. Compared to the parquet or oak hardwood surfaces I played in, both Sunridge and Clear One are excellent. The annual membership is $15 compared to $25 for Sunridge, court rent is same $20 per hour. There are shirts of PG, Lilyana and other on the wall. I was told LCW and LD shirts are in Clear One in Vancouver.
    I am not sure the business model of Clear One and Sunridge. It gotta be an expensive investment to cater to badminton only, how much revenue does it take to break even and to recoop investment, besides there are maintenance and overhead (lights, rent, court repair, shower, wages, etc) to pay. Someone accountant knows better, I guess and good for Calgary, I wish them all the best. Also, there are plenty of places to play in Calgary, drop in is $5-$8 per night (not hour), some give free birds too.
    I have friends of mine asking me to join them to play there, and there is drop in rate, I think $8 per hour. Clear One has coaches like Ardy, and other local coaches coaching there. Just that it is so much nearer to my house, I might drop in or even join the membership so that I can occasionally drop in, not sure I would play often as I already am playing in 2 other places...the old knees of mine can only take so much abuse, unless my opponents are good looking chicks, then I may bravely play with no walk over like LD did, even if I have knee pain or injured;):D

#277 OneToughBirdie, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Uncle OTB, good information on the situation about badminton in your place. I like the last sentence and I think LD would agree with you.:)

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You dig the last sentence on the 'good looking chicks' or 'LD WO'? If it is the chicks, be careful, most of them come with a high price called high maintenance and high expectation;)

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

So is LD :D:D