Oh my god. LD, not again?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / Indonesia GP Gold 2011' started by leesing2k, Sep 23, 2011.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    And why should we take your word for GCc knowledge over yamsyams views?? What authority do you have about G.Clark? :-D.. Personally I think it is obvious that she was biased and that she does not measure all the players by the same yardstick.. yamsyams don't have to be an "authority" on anything.. He, as any intelligent human being, can of course just watch the games and form his own opinion if what CL did or did not do and compare to what Gade, LCW, and the other players have been displaying on court over the years..
    What we of course cannot see is how much time she spends chatting with Gade, nor how much time she spends chatting with Chen Long,
    off the air :)

Videos are shared and you can find them in this forum and the JO finals are also available on BWF stream for JO 2011.

/Twobeer

#101 twobeer, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Who cares, she's a commentator. She's describing what she sees in the match and comments on it based on her experience. It's something she spotted in the course of the match she was providing commentary on and she brought it to the attention of her viewers (I wouldn't have even noticed). You don't really expect her to then comment on ever player in the history of badminton and what their tendencies are do you? I think GC is one of the better English language commentators out there. Surely you're not going to tell me that the commentary on CCTV-5 is balanced are you? It's not and I wouldn't expect it to be.

I think Yamyams is getting a little bit carried away. It's not about authority. GC has a been commentating for years and she spent time as a pro player. She knows the game and her observations and opinions are worth something. Having said that there's nothing wrong with Yamsyams whining about her commentary either. That's what this forum is here for.

As for the celebrations, who cares. Some people get excited some are pretty low key. Big deal, I've never understood why some fan not even directly connected to the event, watching the match halfway around the world gets a bug up their ASS about the how a winning player celebrates. Although it is interesting how the only consistent factor in all this is that the complaints only come from fans of the losing player in the match. Even the losing player himself cares less.

3. flite

flite Regular Member

Same questions to you too... and why should we take your word over yamsyams views? LMAO..

My answer to your question is: to be honest I preferred to listen to professional who know so much more about badminton... if you understand my point.

Talking about being bias, I shouldn't go into a lengthy discussion with you knowing very well that I can't beat the master.

Have you watched the final part of the JO'11? Can you share with us what GC mentioned? Thanks in advance.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

How did LCW conserve energy? You mean the non-CHN MS in his half gave him a free pass except WZM? Tago gave LCW a hard time(or acted like?) LCW has no problems taking on 3 CHN MS in one go; that s how he won AE11, didn t he? The JO draw was worse for LCW because CHN MS had the golden opportunity to playact and conserve energy at the most crucial moment. A walkover in SF so their representative was relatively ultrafresh for the 5th consecutive match. Well, it s CHN MS 4 th match vs LCW s 5th match. You know Vittinghus beat CL in some Macao Open; it was R2, Vittinghus had a walkover. If freshness is not a crucial factor, CHN wouldn't specialize in fake matches and walkovers. The latter, the stage, the more pertinent since fatigue is cumulative. In the past (before SS),LCW used to have to play LD in the finals after LD s fake match in the SF with a CHN MS. That s how LD accumulated this fabulous HtH over LCW before SS. Discard that fake period and the HtH after becomes a lot less fabulous and more revealing why LD s gotta behave consistently as a walkover clown. And LD consistently told the media he wanted to play great badminton, rather winning or losing because he wanted to be a badminton ambassador. An ambassador of walkover fame? That s out of this planet achievement! Again!

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

GC, like most BCers, did not expect LCW to lose. GC has favorites. LCW is her second favorite after LD, her all time favorite. I believe the video showed CL indicating out before the line judge did. But that s CHN, what does she expect? She may be biased but she s usually quite diplomatic. Except this time she showed her displeasure with the outcome by implying that CL won because CHN played dirty. But of course. When CHN MS is not good enough, the only way to defeat LCW is to play dirty. But it s good for LCW to lose. If his loss makes him despise CHN and have no respect for them, he s gonna play them in future with a different attitude.

6. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Whether I know better or not is irrelevant. And please don't resort to ad hominems. It makes you look desperate for arguments.

7. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Maybe a thread should be opened on the commentators and views of them...

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

9. flite

flite Regular Member

Of course your input is not relevant. You again proved my point here.

GC did not pass any judgement over players conduct. She was merely commenting on the build up of the scenario before the line judge made his decision where to her CL obviously played a part in influencing the decision. Her comments was all based on that. Period.

It was you who complicates the matter with citing plenty of irrelevant cases of the past to force your point through. So to me it was you who is desperate for argument.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    With the various arguments, we should have a button for dislike and see the breakdown. Only for this thread.

11. flite

flite Regular Member

Before that, let nokh88 make his view and stand clear first since there is zero post from him in relation to this topic.

So what do you think?

12. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Irrelevant cases? Oh I forgot, if you have no plausible explanations (that work in your favour) for them then they are irrelevant, sorry about that. Oh and just so that we are all clear on terminology here, they were examples. Examples to prove my argument, which was that GC is biased. Now that I've done that, good day to you, I won't bother engaging you in discussion anymore.

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Is your question directed to Y..... or me?

I just found this post and spent about an hour reading from page 1 and you may notice that I just clicked on the like button. For some posts I wanted to click the dislike button very much, hence my request.

Nah...,,my views would be very very biased. Even if it was neutral, those members supporting CHN's actions will not accept them.

14. flite

flite Regular Member

Again it was all your personal opinion (biased may I say) in relating to the whole incident. You called it examples or facts but to me its not relevant (tonnes of ....) in this issue we are talking about here.

The point is, you can have your say and be ignorant to what the commentator has to say but GC commented based on the nature of that final point. Nothing esle.

On the other hand, you were quick in building up your so called case to bring disrepute and questioned GC authority as a commentator when I asked about GC comments all because you knew it wasn't favourable to CL. Similarly, I have question marks on you too and that's about it.

Don't get so agitated. Nothing personal.

#114 flite, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  15. flite

flite Regular Member

I wanted to click on the like button but there is none for this post?

Anyway LIKE!!

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

There's a LIKE button below the post..

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Thanks. I didn't know my posts do not have the like button. Is there a manipulation like in badminton as well?

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Nope. I don't see it on this post of yours. I highlighted this before.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It's funny. Now it's there.

It's like : now you see it, now you don't.

20. flite

flite Regular Member

Ahh manipulation. That's the cue word I missed out!!

Frankly speaking, yes there is but not many. Since you are a regular member of BC you should be able to distinguish one when they appear.