Oh my god. LD, not again?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / Indonesia GP Gold 2011' started by leesing2k, Sep 23, 2011.

1. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

get over the loss already. influencing the linesman, disrespectful towards opponent are some of the many excuses to whine about injustice about lcw's loss to a player he owns.

2. sting1988

sting1988 Regular Member

School
    No one has more sportsmanship than PG after 10+ years of international competition. These people make me want to go watch curling (In my book, that's swearing). LCW should realize he will get more respect even without a world title like PG. LD should just stay at home until a big tournament comes and take it as usual. Taufik should be president. PERIOD.

3. flite

flite Regular Member

And the best audience goes to...............

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    us in BC, of course. ;)

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Re the celebration i actually look at it the other way.
    CL's celebration was a compliment to LCW. after all it's only a SS title, one of the many yearly.
    That’s mean so much to CL because he knew how difficult to beat the world No 1, one of the best.
    if after the final point he just came over to shake hand made it all 'matter of factly' that it was mine in the bag and may be said something like 'try harder next time'. that would really hurt.

6. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I was never upset about the loss since I was rooting for Chen Long the entire match. However, after the ending of this match, I was a little bit disgusted. Very childish behaviour with uttermost disrespect against opponent, only thinking about his team. But I know where this is coming from of course, I am aware of the enormous press on Chinese players from their badminton "government" but seriously CL gave the impression today of being a drone without individual thought... :rolleyes:

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    CL is just trying to rub 'lots' of salt into the wounds. So, this is expected after loosing so many times to lcw. ;)

Audience should be smart to make 'boos' not to condone the behaviour. Sg audience is smart to boo 'LinDan'. I am sure he won't do the stomach ache again. ;)

8. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

I agree that the first thing any player should do after a match is to congratulate their opponent, but to question what type of person he or she is because they celebrated with their coach before they shook hands with their opponent is ludicrous.

LCW did the same thing to LD when he won the All-England, have a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seH1tuNTVas, or is it only unacceptable when the player you're rooting for loses?

9. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

Actually, lots of players go over and hug their coaches, but they come back right on to shake hands as seen in the video. What Chen Long did was that he took off his shirt and ran off the court, did LCW do that in that video? Did not seem like it to me. LCW went right back to Lin Dan afterwards and hugged him, while someone had to point Chen Long to go over to shake hands with LCW who was already ready to leave.

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Well, the time LCW spent kneeling on court, and the pulling of the shirt to the fans probably took more time than CL running around to fans/coaches. It may be that he was faster than LD to get of court as well.. If you look at the video LD was really congratulating LCW to the win.. You cant really say that LCW tried to congratulate CL to the vicotry neither... So I don't think things should be exhaggerated out of propotions..

11. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

It is so unfair to blame China or Lin Dan's withdraw

If you believe Lin Dan's withdraw was intentional, then you have to ask why Lin Dan walked away?

Don't you think it is so unfair that any country can only have 2 players for Olympics, unless they have 3 players in top 4? Why is it? What about those hard trained Chinese players that are ranked #6, 8, etc? Why BCL has to quit?

I think Olympics is more like individual's competitions. I don't care which country wins most gold medals. I want to see better players to participate Olympics, no matter which country he is from.

If you think Olympics is a competition among countries, then what's wrong when China fight as a team?

Think about it, stop whining.

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You should realize CHN adopts this practice even in non-Olympic years. The bigger question is whether it is good for promoting the sport. I really don't mind if CHN keeps winning–they deserve to with the talent they're producing. It's how they do it that could do irreparable damage to badminton, its fans, sponsorship opportunities and ultimately its exposure.

Try to keep the larger picture in focus.

13. bunny76

bunny76 New Member

I do not think it is unfair to blame China team. I do not think it is their individual players fault but more of the China team generally as a whole.

Pulling one out when their players are meant to fight it out in semis, so that they will be fresh to deal with other players in finals.

Previously some ex-China players namely, Zhou Mi (Ladies Singles) commented before that their unanimous team decision was wherever China players played against each other, the person who wins the first set, was suppposed to be allowed to win the second. She also commented that she was asked to allow Zhang Ning to proceed to the Ladies Singles final during Olympics and not fight it out.

These very actions spoils the true essence of sportsmanship.

Something must be done at higher level to stop such practices.

14. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    With regard to the W/Os in the semi finals of JO,
    China team might INTENTIONALLY do these NO-SHOWS (NAKED W/Os) to COMPLAIN the WBF for PACKING their MS & WS players in the same half (pool); pitching them against each other in the earlier rounds! Otherwise they might attempt to achieve their objectives by other subtler means!

For better understanding of the UNDERLYING ISSUES, pls read over below better explanation:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/102915-2011-Japan-Open-SS-Day-5-(Semi-Finals)-Sat-24-September?p=1761419#post1761419

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What s the problem? Don t you realize that if there had not been 5 CHN MS in the lower half, CL could have played LCW in SF without any walkover benefit ( as in INA PSS) and lost and LD might not have the opportunity to fake another body part degeneration, and poor LD might have to face LCW in the finals. You should wish for another draw like JO so CHN can trigger off more walkover despair and collect more prize money and ranking points at the expense of more credible and worthy winners.

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I thin the one and only clean and successful in China team is Men Double......

They dont have to do all these manipulation and yet still winning, kudos CY/FHF......the real hero in China badminton team.......so far !!

17. zerosum88

zerosum88 Regular Member

Something must be done to change the stupid rule that one country only two players can participate Olympics. Let the better players play.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We could end up with tournaments with lots of 'No Match/Walkovers'

China has many better players.

If we allow China to send more players to tournaments, and if China doesn't wish their teammates to face each other, we could end up with tournaments with lots of 'No Match/Walkovers'. :eek::eek::eek:

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    You could also say, putting Pengyu Du, Chen Long, Chen Jin and Lin Dan on the opposite half of the draw then Lee Chong Wei, to allow him to conservere energy.. didn't work :)

#79 twobeer, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Because intentionally losing/match fixing is wrong in many, if not all democratic countries. If the parties involved are found guilty, at the very least is getting thrown out of the team, cannot be involved in the sport again. If a player ever complain that his/her coach forced/threaten him/her to lose against a team mate & have proof, and the coach is found guilty, bye2 to the coach's career. In other threads, I already gave example of that happening in another sport, to an official

Something like in football, those who take bribes to lose a match-> In addition to losing their careers & reputation, they land in jail.

#80 eaglehelang, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011