Grand Prix Gold Indonesia 2011

Discussion in 'Japan Open / Indonesia GP Gold 2011' started by budibadibu, Jul 22, 2011.

1. budibadibu

budibadibu Regular Member

Student
    anybody know where will this event held? Samarinda or Balikpapan? Recently, I heard rumor that the event will be held in Balikpapan, but I found that the event wil be held in Samarinda in pb-pbsi letter invitation to other association. hmm.

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

I think it's Samarinda, same with last year venue GOR Palaran as mentioned through BWF tournament prospectus. Also read an article here : http://kaltimpost.co.id/index.php?mib=berita.detail&id=105802

3. budibadibu

budibadibu Regular Member

Student
    oo.icic.the clely for the news update.=D.

4. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Chen Jin and Chen Long will be attending this year edition plus with heavy contingent of Ina players should be fun

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I have been told China sent 26 players:
    MS: Chen Long, Chen Jin,Bao, Wang Tze Ming, Wen Kai
    WS: WYH, WX, WSX, Wang lin, Jiang and Liu Xin
    Doubles,..Qiuhan/Liu xiao lung, shen ye/wei hong, pan pan, wei hong, cheng su/Pan pan, bao yi xin/he Han bin, Bao yi xin/Zhong, Qian Ting/Tao,Qui Xi han/Xiao Huan, Tang/Xiao

but it is good to be true as it is hardly to see top CHN players will play 3 events in a row...I suspect that they will withdraw some of them..Jiang and Bao are not playing Japan Open so I expect them to come...

#5 huangkwokhau, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  6. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

It's good if 80 % of Chn list above can actually come

7. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    who is Qian Ting? is she Qing Tian?
    ----
    quite suprise He Hanbin partner is Bao Yi Xin,
    hmm.... Bao must be a good player...

8. nodhira

nodhira Regular Member

student
    Wang lin??? Really??? She will participate this event???

9. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Will be live broadcasted on OneTV like last year?

10. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    No problem, right?
    she needs point to qualify to Olympic next year..

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Korea will not send any players due to their national championship and Japan will send full team from Tago, Sasaki, Hirose,ai goto, their top 3 WD as well as MD...

12. event

event Regular Member

Korea's National Sports Festival is not actually starting until the Friday following the Samarinda event but as it is squeezed in right before the Denmark Premier SS (mandatory participation, by BWF rules), I'm sure that motivated the skipping of this tournament.

Thanks for the updates.
    Do you mean to ask whether she is Tian Qing? It's so easy to confuse these, especially since tournamentsoftware records show her usual mixed doubles partner as JIAMING Tao.

#12 event, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Hong kong will not participate due to their budget as well as preparation for European trips.

14. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Hahaha... Correct, I mean TV One.:)

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Much better than last year edition when CHN only sent few players such as Du Pengyu, Wen Kai, Suo Di, the eventual WD winner Luo Twins.
    Agree, I guess some names of singles players may withdraw...

16. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

unfortunately, I wonder it is almost quite impossible for her to qualify.
    must finish in top 3.
    considering she still could not play maximal in several previous tournament because of injury. poor her :(

17. miksss

miksss Regular Member

2000 Peoples Will Play Badminton While Walking

Two weeks before the prestigious tournament's Bankaltim Indonesia Open Grandprix Gold 2011 held on 27th of September-3October), will be held some activities of mass publication, titled Crazy Badminton .
    This activity attracted the attention of the citizens of Samarinda, the Indonesia Open badminton event held in Samarinda, East Kalimantan.

Among other attractions that will attract the attention of citizens to serve,badminton matches at three points intersection of the roads, playing badminton attractions in Bankaltim office in Awang Long street. And about 2000 participants playing badminton, walking toward the Segiri Hall.

"For the attraction Crazy Badminton in the three intersection points, we carried out for three days. Today (Saturday, 17/09/2011) at the intersection Lembuswana.Tomorrow (Sunday, 18/09/2011) in the last quarter of the Mahakam bridge and in front of the Hotel Mesra , " said Eko Satya Husada, Director Esa Communication,as the executor of promotional activities Tournament Bankaltim Indonesia Grandprix Gold on Saturday (09/17/2011).

Promotional activities that will involve thousands of participants badminton mass of 2000 while walking. "We've got the concept. And we have permission from the police. The plan, 2,000 people will be playing badminton on the way Segiri hall. I think it was that on 26 September," said Eko.

While the attraction is quite stressful, he added, will hold a Crazy Badmintonattractions. That presents a game of badminton on the wall of the buildingBankaltim. Esa Communication acting as executors of promotional activities,rock climbing athletes using the services of East Kalimantan.

"So the concept, two rock climbing athletes who will play badminton on the wall of the Bankaltim building . The walls that we would want a big banner as an image badminton court. So the two men will play on the wall with hanging. But we've been giving the safety problem to the climbing team, "he explained

source : http://banjarmasin.tribunnews.com/r...000-Orang-akan-Bermain-Badminton-Sambil-Jalan

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nope,her name is not in the draw. I don't think she has fully recovered yet from her injury. Also it's too late for her to try and qualify for the London Olympics, with the top 4 positions occupied by her teammates.

19. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Looks like they're sending Baby Nozomi to every big tournament. A new sensation in the making? I wonder how she'll fare against Lady Pi if she gets past Maria Febe. Battle of the fitness queens.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

With JiangYJ, Tai TY, Ithanon R in WS and Chen Long,Chen Jin,Wang ZM,Taufik Hidayat,Simon Santoso in the MS and other promising players, eg Takuma Ueda (Xia XZ said he's the one to watch), Nozomi Okuhara,Mitani Minatsu and Hsiao Ma Pai, this tournament is well worth watching. Is there any live telecast? Not in my country SG.