Hoon Thien How @ Ah How ( 雲天豪 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by danielwong, May 26, 2011.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    ahem...jimbo will translate to English, please....

2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Translation: Ah How BOLEH :D

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think Rexy knows what he is doing, HTH may be good against korea or some pairs but against

thinking and crafty pairs like Europeans, playing like an Ox with one speed in one dimension may not work.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ah How seems to shine during Team Events. Last year TC, he partnered Zakry against Lars/Jonas. Although they lost, Ah How didnt get nervous or have emotional meltdown like Fairuz. Same during SC, he repaid the faith the coaches have in him. I think Rexy likes Ah How, quiet, unassuming guy.

So, Ah how for SEA Games & next year TC. If not partnering TBH, getting him to partner a junior like GWS will be good. Zakry is 28, retiring soon.

5. eaglehelang

Daniel, Ah How & Ah Boon won the local tourney this year, GP Finals or something. That's why he was chosen to go SC

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Excellent research! Daniel, if BAM have you to back them up, they will be able to make more player winning decisions.
    How about google translating Jimbo s Chinese article? I know google translations are funny but Jimbo just made a crisp prata Boleh. It requires the curry gravy in google translation to bring out the texture!

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yeah, Jonas was very impressed with HTH and mentioned why BAM didn t send him to compete more. Jonas didn t know BAM don t know HTH s a gem. Blame it on Rexy for breaking up WJCs including Mak and his former partner. I don t think Rexy understands this factor called partner chemistry.

HTH s exceptional quality is his incredible calmness that remains unflustered under pressure. No player outside MAS even comes
    close in that trait. It s easy to understand why he has this gift of placement winners. One has to be so cool to spot gaps in the midst of busy traffic.
    He s great to watch because there s no way to guess what s gonna happen next. The surprises he springs put his opponents under tremendous mental pressure. Tough esp on LYD who s used to reading his opponents game.
    Daniel s research also prove HTH s particularly useful for Team tournaments since he s so versatile. Can win with so many different partners!

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

HTH is exceptional in hand eye coordination. he is stout and squat by nature

and can be a professional 10 pin bowler if he wanted too.

9. eaglehelang

Kak Pj, Rexy had to split up Ah How with Ah Boon. KKK and TBH could actually win titles. Ah How, then & now, no(sorry Daniel, I like Ah How too).
    As for Mak/Teo, as explained by an insider in Mak/TWK thread, it was due to their 'slowness' on court. Anyway, Mak may be re-united with Teo, seems Mak/TWK have split, see Thailand Open list.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Understand. Rexy has to prove his worth as a coach quickly. And he did! But now KooTan are just runner-ups ( ok local champion )

But to expect WJCs to win right away on the senior circuit? Or to win all the time? Not even LCW or LD win all the time ( in the beginning anyway ) no wonder MAS MDs are a mess with such coach attitude.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

You're a retired schoolteacher aren't you? Want about the grammatical errors with punctuation and capitalization?

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    HTH need a power player to partner him. TBH is one of them. Anyone else who can hantam well? ;)

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

They said Goh Wei Shem is another power hantam man in Mas team !

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Lol like Cai Yun and Fu trying to hantam Lee & Jung in the Sudirman,

play at one speed ,hantam till they turn blue in the face.

15. danielwong

Salesman
    There is one article about Ah How in The Star today.
    Since I am using mobile phone. I cannot upload it.
    Someone please??

16. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/5/28/sports/8779217&sec=sports

Splendid show in Qingdao a boost for Thien How

PETALING JAYA: A stout Hoon Thien How has been giving Malaysian badminton a big lift with his strong presence in the men’s doubles event.

And one can certainly expect him to go far when he makes his debut in the World Championships with Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif in London from Aug 8-14.

At the Sudirman Cup, Thien How was reunited with his former world junior champion partner Tan Boon Heong in a quarter-final tie against South Korea and the duo played brilliantly to beat the formidable pair of Jung Jae-sung-Lee Yong-dae.

It was not the first time that Thien How had come good in major events.

At the last year’s Malaysia Open at Putra Stadium, he played with Ong Soon Hock and they also packed off Jae-sung-Yong-dae in the second round.

He has also done well with Zakry and their notable performances was at last year’s Thomas Cup Finals when they almost brought the roof down with their fighting display against Lars Paaske-Jonas Rasmussen before losing 26-24, 12-21, 19-21. Malaysia eventually went on to beat Denmark in that quarter-final tie.

The 25-year-old Thien How said that the outing in Qingdao had been a timely boost ahead of the world championships.

“I was the world junior champion with Boon Heong in 2004. After that we played together for two years and that is why I can combine well with him,” said Thien How.

“It was my first Sudirman Cup outing and it felt good to win a point for Malaysia in the tie against South Korea.

“It will give me a lot of confidence as I prepare for my first world championships outing. I will be playing with Zakry and hopefully, we will be able to achieve good results for the country.”

Thien How-Zakry are making the trip to the world meet at the expense of former internationals Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen. The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have named Thien How-Zakry although Teik Chai-Bin Shen had qualified on merit.

“I have played with different players but my mission has always been the same – to give my best on court. Hopefully, I will continue to enjoy good results in badminton,” he said.

Prior to the world championships, Thien How-Zakry, who are currently ranked 26th in the world, will be taking part in the Singapore Open (June 14-19) and the Indonesia Open (June 21-26).

17. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Daniel, you even gave him an alias... ah how :rolleyes:

nobody mentioned his defense, real solid especially the cross court lift,

sometimes sending the Koreans all over the floor :D

#37 pBmMalaysia, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  18. danielwong

Salesman
    A bit overrated but Rexy mentioned in one article that HTH defense is
    the best in MAS MD team. I need some time to confirm that but
    his defense shots are creative and he seems to return with ease...
    I think if he is taller and slimmer, he can be a very successful player.
    But nothing can change that now. Lol

19. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Maybe a little slow in movement on court, but generally good defense and mental strength. I think HTH/TBH's pace thrown JJS/LYD off, JJS/LYD are the kings at fast and furious..

20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

abc2006.jpg

this is HTH in ABC 2006 before turn big size (fat)...

do you believe it?