Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

When all the comparisons with VT80 and MX80 dies down, I'm sure we'll all be able to differentiate between each racquet's characteristics; between: VT80, MX80 & the mighty SiW35. Btw, SiW35 is tried and tested by many, VT80 and MX80 is still having continued reviews.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I can almost guarantee that you will like the SW35 more than the L70, and if you don't, then you could sell it, but honestly I think you would like the SW35 more.:)

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it also depends. SW35 isn't an easy racket to use. the balance and stiffness requires someone with good skills.

4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Thanks kwun. I think I will just work on my technique and fitness before considering further purchases. I really like my apacs rackets, and I'm not playing at international level or playing badminton as a career. Also, I'm still realising the full potential of my current rackets - it actually takes a lot of time to get fully used to different rackets (particularly if they are strung differently etc), and to get the most out of them. Personally, I think as long as the racket is relatively head heavy and stiff, it will always be potentially able to produce massive power. Some people may be able to adapt/improve their skills to achieve this, while others won't. Those who do achieve this get excited and post on forums like this, while those who don't simply stay quiet etc.

Anyway, will look forward to future Victor rackets in the next few years that will hopefully build on the SW35.

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Agreed. I could not handle the 3u version and 'downgraded' to a 4u which was more user friendly imho

6. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

ok its been a couple months since i got the sw35 and i think im finally getting used to it.
    this racket is really powerful... if you hit it right, it goes BOOM. BAM. feels really solid.
    but i think i should still lower my string tension since its a bit high haha

7. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

The SW35 does take some getting used to. It's not a forgiving racquet and does have a slighlty smaller head and sweetspot than many other racquets, but when you do hit the sweetspot, the rewards are great.

Btw Sealman: I tried sending you a private message, but your inbox is full and will not accept new messages. Please let me know how to get in touch with you.

8. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    it is easier to generate power using SW37 and MX80 than SW35

if there's an easy way then why choose the hard way?
    especially to those in novice and intermediate level.
    for advanced level you can choose any rackets as you please ... :)

#388 jump-smash, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

One of the players in the badminton hall I go to uses the SW35 and loves it. He's an advanced level player (one of the best in the country) and plays mostly Men's Doubles and Mixed Doubles. I would have thought the SW35 was best for singles?

EDIT: by the way, I don't think his smashes are as powerful as many others in the hall (who are using other types of rackets).

#389 ssj100, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  10. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

hmm if hes one of the best in the country, then he can probably handle whatever racket really.. assuming hes very skilled. and the sw35 he has might be a 4u, which is more suitable for doubles. as for the smashes, maybe hes not going 100%? either that or his racket is 4u which means less power...

11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Good points. I'll try to find out whether he uses a 3U or 4U. He should be going 100%, as I recently watched him play in a national level tournament.

12. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Is sw37 a flexible racket compared to sw35?

13. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    yes SW35 is a lot stiffer than SW37
    and head heavier too

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The temptation to buy another SW35 is possibly too much :p I want an Asian decal one this time though. Anyone help me purchase one at a good price ?:)

15. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

Sohubuy has good prices i believe, 125$ each I thought.

16. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    APACS lethal 60/70 is not an easy racket to go to. If the player wrist is not strong and not skillful, the Lethal 60/70 will be wasted.

SW35 is still new to me and playing it in some games, but I am agreed with you that I love SW35 over my Lethal 60. I like it speed, control and stability compared to Lethal 60.

I personally felt Lethal 60 was having poweful smash compared to SW35, but it was slow and not responsive in defense. :p

17. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Actually, that's exactly what I've read some people say about the SW35.

By the way, I own and play with the Lethal 60, Lethal 70 and Voltric 80. If you think the Lethal 60/70 needs a strong wrist and plenty of skill, wait until you've tried the 3U Voltric 80!

Also, I've always wanted to ask this question - what exactly do you mean by "slow and not responsive in defense"? Does it mean you can't return smashes as well? Isn't that more of a timing issue? Unless you're beginner-intermediate level, I truly think that good technique can make any racket excellent in defense, as long as you've had time to adapt to it.

Having said that, the vast majority of posters on BC are beginner-intermediate level, so it makes sense that comments like that are coming through. What I think is really important or would be nice is to state what playing skill level you are when you make posts. This is just a comment in general, not specifically to anyone. For example, a beginner saying that the SW35 is a horrible racket and can generate no power hopefully will state that he/she is a beginner in his/her post. Of course, I guess we could just look it up in the poster's profile and hope that he/she is telling the truth hehe.

18. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    mmm... I am not as good as ametuer or state-players, but my skills are consider as close to advance stage (15 years of experience, I can't change your mind if you think I am 'beginner')... :p

If you play bowling in hook, you will know how much wrist power you need to hook the bowling ball without guard.

Slow responsive doesn't mean can't return the smash. I should say the quality of the smash return is not in optimum level compared to SW 35. But the power of smash from Lethal 60 and SW 35 is great. I should specify, in non-ametuer level my smashes attract others attention. :D

19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

As I said, my comments weren't targeted at anyone in particular. I think it's just important to keep in mind the skill level of posters when they make comments.

When you say "return is not in optimum level", that's again quite vague. What exactly is "optimum level"? Having used a super head heavy racket like the VT80, I've realised that returns can actually be easier if I change my technique a little. However, if I used the same technique to lift a fast smash with my Tantrum 300 or Lethal 60/70 (yes, I find them amazing rackets to defend with), it would not work well with the VT80. That is, the lift will probably be too short or too high above the net. However, just tweaking the technique a little (may require a bit of wrist power, but I think it's mostly timing/reflexes), defensive lifts or drives/drops are just as effective, if not more so.

20. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    Same opponent smash but with different rackets, my returns with Lethal 60 is not as high as with SW 35 (clear is still to base court). However I use different strings in both racket, Lethal 60 is Yonex bg 68ti and SW with VS-800.