Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. K1NGK0N

K1NGK0N Regular Member

So if you have friends visiting HK, or contacts in HK is worth considering to stock up =) if you run a club or you have friends who want to get some.

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow, thanks for this information. I'm definitely not going to buy a VT80 for USD 212 then.

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Can you stop spamming the forum? Thanks.

4. K1NGK0N

K1NGK0N Regular Member

This is base on today's exchange rate i took from XE.com (6/May/2011: 0650AM GMT)

ssj100 - i think these prices are only available in HK somehow. I have travelled quite a bit looking at bton rkt prices (Europe - London, Paris, Asia - Msia, Spore, Thai, HK and researched online. The general prices quoted by the rest are quite close.

The price i got my V80 for would usually exclude stringing but since I am regular he threw it in for me since he cant give me further discount as V80 is still a very new racquet and he has a 'moral obligation' to not spoil the market. He still gets his margin from the price he sold to me.

Hope this helps.

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Thanks, someone tried to sell me the VT80 for USD 212 (including stringing and grip). I'm not paying that much for a racket just because I'm curious about it!

6. s3160717

s3160717 Regular Member

There are many VT80 positive feedbacks.but is VT80 an easy racquet to play?everyone can use it?

7. K1NGK0N

K1NGK0N Regular Member

No. It is Stiff. You need Wrist and finger POWER. Get pumping =) otherwise it would be like using a wood plank to hit the shuttle =P

8. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

Everyone talks about how powerful the VT80 is and how "effortless" backhand clears and smashes are. Nothing is going to be "effortless"; fact of the matter is that you'll need a strong forearm/wrist and good technique to take full advantage of the racket. It is stiff, one of the most head heavy in the Yonex range, and certainly not for everyone. If one wants "effortless" get a flexible racket strung at far lower pressures that the 28 lbs and above typically used by the "pros."

#848 Voltric, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  9. agozz

agozz Regular Member

IT
    yup.. you're spot on mate..
    you need strong forearm and wrist for all high end racket..
    if not.. better just go for more flex racket.. normally entry level.. and much cheaper too.. :)

10. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

sorry ssj100 ...what do u expect the price...yonex or any brand, high end quality for sure expensive....

11. Rivai Zhukov

Rivai Zhukov Regular Member

Student
  12. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Played again this weekend. A couple games of mixed doubles and a couple games of singles.

Won both games of men's singles...against my friend with the VT70 and my friend who is better than me. The key to my success...being able to consistently clear to the back lines. Wasn't able to do that with even-balanced medium flex racket. The VT80 is my go to racket for singles now.

I noticed that my speed has slowed a bit when I was playing mixed doubles (ie. having to cover more often). Didn't play all that great in the doubles games. Thinking I need to get a speedier racket for doubles.

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

What level of player are you? Also, are you saying that you weren't able to consistently clear to the back lines with other rackets?

14. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

The reasons that you need to look into:
    a) the string tension- is the string too tight for you? tighter string will affect your replusion
    b) are you using your wrist or arm?
    c) timing of execution - hit the shuttle before it lose it momentum and going downwards.
    d) positioning - you need to position yourself properly before you hit back the shuttle. in short, anticipate and position early!
    e) using a heavy head balance - usually gives you the power and replusion you need.
    f) try to use abit of your waist strength with left shoulder pointing to the net (assume you are right-handed). return to rest position with your right leg pointing to the centre and your rear leg toe slightly up.
    g) try not to hold your racket too stiff with your finger before you hit the birdie!!

15. Rivai Zhukov

Rivai Zhukov Regular Member

Student
    Short Review Voltric 80 :

Specification :
    3UG4 SP
    Weight : 100 gr with rubber grip
    Balance Point : 305 mm
    String : BG 66 Sharp 28 lbs

Very-very powerful.Clears are effortless.Smashes can be executed very hard,sharp with steep angle.
    Control is exceptional considering VT80 is head heavy racquet.
    Excellent drive and drop shot.Netting is precise.
    Defense is better than other head heavy racquet

Overall the best offensive racquet ever produced by Yonex.
    Highly recommended for hard-hitters with better control compared to other head heavy racquets
    But,VT80 is very demanding.Must use wrist to optimized racquet potential.
    Excessive use could constrain your arm and shoulder.

16. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I would say I'm average to intermediate player. Definitely not tournament level. My previous rackets were more even-balanced than head heavy. My clears used to land around the 2nd line to the back. Now with the VT80, its landing near the end line and definitely between the back lines. Not saying that the VT80 is the holy grail or anything like that as it's likely due to using a head heavy racket that my clears are going deeper.

The VT80 is definitely a singles racket. It could probably be used as a doubles racket as describe in an earlier post (ie. singles style but not advanced tactics). I use it as my doubles racket too and have had success with it. But if the play was more fast-paced...then I may be slower in returning/defending shots.

Mind you...I'm trying to justify getting a new racket :) as my doubles racket. I seriously doubt a quicker racket will improve my doubles game substantially (I may get a few more points with a quicker racket).

17. s3160717

s3160717 Regular Member

If Fu Haifeng uses VT80, will this racquet be better for him than any racquets?

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    we will never know, as the hard smashing chineese champs. use li-ning/kason. personally i am dissapointed. i ordered one from japan and it had manufacturing defects. quite dissapointing. poor qc.

19. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    Maybe we should ask TBH to play with the VT-80 and see how hard he can hit.

About your order from Japan, it could be that it was damage during delivery, but anyway, it does suck to order something, wait for it and it was broken. Having said, I've order quite a bit Yonex AT-700, AT-900Tfrom Japan and they came out great, maybe I was just lucky.

20. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Can you get it replaced?