Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

...the proverbial, a little goes a long way. Seriously, you are wanting more and more though you've settled for SiW35:cool:.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yep, still looking to try new things out, and see what suits, and what doesn't. Although I probably will stick with trying all the Victor rackets, and maybe a Zelm/Apacs.

3. yumyumtaco

yumyumtaco Regular Member

I'm using a 3U G4 AT900T and I'm interested in trying a sw 35. Should I try a 3U or 4U?

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Right now I am using Superwave 35, Very powerful in smashes . I rate it more head heavy and stiffer then MX 80.

5. wooncc

wooncc Regular Member

Thanks, i thought End Cap with black non slip cap is the latest.

6. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone, I have been looking everywhere for the pic witch an SW35 strung with black string and red logo. I Can't find it and I wanted to know if someone knows when I can find it please. Seems like it is jump-smash's pic but I'm not sure. And what kind of marker/painting do you use please. Thanks.

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I think that's someones MX80 with the black strings and red logo.

8. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    Ok I'll go take a look on MX 80 thread. Thanks a lot bro. I've been mistaken by myself :D

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Look in the 'Victor rackets galore' thread too, I think it might be there.

10. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    I've already looked there. I've found the pic once again thanks to you.
    It's in Mx 80 thread. It's RSX who has posted the pics, I wonder which strings he has used. Too bad that BG 65 Ti doesn't seem to exist in black.
    But I already have black BG65 strings on my SW 35, so I'm gonna try it on this and pink strings on MX 80.

thanks a lot Maklike Tier, your help is very helpful and appreciated. Thumbs up for you bro.

edit : BG 65 Ti exists in black ! I'm gonna buy some as soon as I can.

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Eww, pink on the MX80??

Do black on the MX80 too, it looks so mean your competitors will forfeit the mach as soon as you pull it out of your bag!

12. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    I'm gonna do black then, found the strings. Just need to make a purchase on MBS !

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i know i have said it before, but i will say it again.

this racket is super incredibly powerful.

i have mine strung with BG66UM@26lbs, quite a while ago already. today i broke the string on my MX80 so i took this one out. wow. the explosiveness is just incredible. i was playing some really hard and fast games and the racket just keep on BOOM BOOM BOOM. every smash. i wasn't getting such responsiveness on hard heavy shots from the MX80. but the SW35 seems like it was just made for it. the harder you hit, the more rewarding it will give back.

feels so good.

14. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Personally, I find that the SW35 can be quite hard on the elbow.

15. RSLvictorSOTX

...that is why I am waiting and waiting and waiting for more reviews on the VT80 and MX80! SiW35 is still it for me I think when the dust finally settles.

NBG98 is a bit harsher on the elbow than Ultimax as far as I am concerned. Perhaps it is due to that teeny weeny string movement with the NBG98 (at 28/30 tension)? I don't know if there's a correlation to that.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I am also still really happy, with SW35.:) not quite sure what could move it from top of my list.:)
    I haven't really considered the VT80, or the MX80 really. I am looking at the N90II at the moment, however I am still considering other options.:)

17. RSLvictorSOTX

To be frank, I am leaning towards the Yonex line only for future resale value if at all I happen to buy the next, next and next collectible Yonex racquets (I don't mind if its called hype or not but their marketing guys sure does the hype each step of the way, can't really fault them for that!). Unfortunately, they are hard to spot (collectibles) right on.

However, for sure, SiW35 will surely be my only non-Yonex racquet (got 5 now; all 3 u) if I were to ditch all other branded racquets but one. Bold statement huh:)? But SiW35 is really that good. nothing more to add;):cool:!

Erm, I might also want to hold on to dear RSL X2 Gold, TC700 (mean-green) Gen 1 and Woven 16 (love the weaves), sadly I sold my Arc Z-Slash (mean-yellow; I miss its smashing prowess so much:eek::()...but yes, SiW35 is it for me:cool:!

'nuff said.

#377 RSLvictorSOTX, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

i dont care about resale values, i dont think i will ever sell many rackets, just keep them instead and see how many i can collect. :)

See the thing is, i am quite loyal to the SW35, i cant really imagine myself playing for more than one session without it. But at the same time, i want to try more rackets, so in a way, i am worried that by trying other racckets, i will find something i might like a bit more, which will get costly, as i would have to buy back ups and stuff.

N90II/N55/VT80/MX80 are the rackets i am looking at, but i am not convinced that they can beat the SW35 still. + they all cost a fortune ! (apart from the MX80)

So for me it is still #1 hopefully it will remain that way (at least for my wallets sake)All mine are 3U as well.:p

19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Hi LD rules! I am also considering getting a VT80 or MX80 or SW35. However, I'm not convinced that they will be any better (they might be worse?) than my apacs Lethal 70 or Tantrum 300. Any thoughts? Anyone?

20. bogz8

bogz8 New Member

Student
    Could somebody please compare the Yonex Voltric 89 with Victor Super Waves 35 , which is more superb?