Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C Regular Member

trader
    wicked...!! :D
    can you tell which page it is?

2. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    It does indeed play an exceptional part in it. But as we've also ascertained, so does mass, weight, user speed and user power. If you can swing a long sword as fast or nearly as fast as a short sword, the long sword will do a lot more damage. As proven not only through history, but even through episodes of myth busters etc. The extra weight essentially adds it's own speed, momentum and power, much like if a heavier person were to be thrown from a plane compared to a lighter slimmer person.

Where it gets more sticky is in non-smash related topics, where the speed of the racket imo makes more of a difference in defensive shots and in quick instant reactions (drives etc).

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yes i have, and you??

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yes assuming that the two have the same stiffness, then a heavier one is more powerful. But we can also compare a solid object and a soft object, while they are both weight the same, the solid object have more impact.

5. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Yes I completely agree.

6. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    Got my VT-80 last weekend. 3UG5 strung with BG-65 at 32 lbs. This makes it easy to compare to my VT-70 3UG5 strung at 32lbs.

Prior to this, I demo a VT-80 4UG4 for about 10-15 and I thought it was great. So great that I decided to purchase one myself. The 3U is significantly heavier with more weight at the head then the 4U. It's still not as head heavy as the AT700 with the same spec.

Put in a total of 6 hrs in two days, playing both singles and doubles, and I stand by my original comment that Clear, back court drop, net drop, smash and drives are pretty easy with this racket. The racket gives good shot feel, which makes shot replication/consistancy more attainable.

Comparing the VT-80 to VT-70, the 80 is slightly more head heavy, and the shaft is more flexible. The chart doesn't say so, but the racket is more flexible. Even though it's more head heavy, I felt as though the racket maneuver faster then the VT-70 making fast interchange easier to handle then the VT-70. The VT-80 is also more forgiving so bad timing shots or off centered shot isn't as negative as the VT-70.

Power wise, the VT-70 and 80 are pretty much the same. The VT-80 gives a little more power or speed on wrist snap shot that utilizes a lot of wrist movement with zero to little arm movements.

To me, the VT-80 is like a blend of the AT900T and Arc10. A good all around racket, that's probably more suitable for offensive player, but doesn't hurt defense at all. If you like the AT series, or Arc10, most likely you'll like the VT-80.

7. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Interesting review from someone who also uses a similar string type and tension as myself. Thanks a lot :D

I find it a quite weird that you would find the VT80 having a more flexible shaft compared to the VT70. Perhaps what you really meant was that the VT80's shaft is more elastic meaning that the whip effect (most times misunderstood as flexibility) is more pronounced?

8. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    32lbs....wow. Higher than many of the worlds top pro's lol.

9. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Went to Bangi Yesterday to buy shuttle. They got many stock for VT80..

10. whenry

whenry Regular Member

about Page 39......

11. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

@avengers88,
    just claims it dude..
    customers deserved a best products and services. :)

12. ns9900

ns9900 Regular Member

initially i was seriously considering getting a VT80 (4u) after reading so much positive reviews in BC (BC is really poisonsous :p ). However, i dropped this idea after trying out a friend's vt80 (4u). the vt80 feels just like my Arc8dx (3u), just that the head is significantly heavier. otherwise, it really plays identically as the Arc8dx, in terms of stiffness and feel during shuttle contact. i can generate more powerful smash using Arc8dx, probably due to my style of play. so i guess i will give vt80 a miss. :)

#752 ns9900, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  13. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I'm surprised by this. I have an 8DX, whilst it was a powerful smasher, I never thought it was a very agile racket or very good in defence or control. VT80 should in theory be a more powerful smasher (head heavier), but the reason I think it might top the 8DX is in the more aerodynamic and slimmer frame/shaft. The 8DX is a bit bloated in that regard. VT80 seems thinner and more sharply angled at the head.

Anyway, annoying it's Easter Weekend as my 4U VT80 is delayed in delivery :( Playing 3 x 3 hour sessions in a row this week as well. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday! I'm going to be shattered!

14. ns9900

ns9900 Regular Member

I guess it all depends on the style of play. As i said, i was about to get a vt80 until i tried it out myself. although the vt80's aerodynamic design suppose to make it a faster and more responsive racket in defence, but the head heaviness (about 306mm) might be too stressful for certain people to produce enough head acceleration to generate power in the first place. Arc8dx is also aerodynamically designed in it's own way. And maybe because it has a lighter head, it makes it easier for some people to handle.

compared to my at900t(4u), vt80(4u) is much more head heavier. i think those at700 and at900p lovers should love vt80. enjoy your vt80 when it arrives! do post some feedback for us to compare. :D

15. gk_sezhian

gk_sezhian Regular Member

How do you feel with Victor SW35 Im planning to get one

16. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Guys I find it hard to clear from baseline to baseline wit vt80. What is it tat I'm doing wrong? Maybe it's because I dun have enough strength? I was using Carlton nanopower 9900 Which is light and medium flex. It need some strength to clear but I can do it easily because I can swing better. What should I do and train to use the advantages in vt80?

17. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    Play more hours...soon u will get it done :)

18. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

I played like 2 double games wit it then I switch back to my old racquet cause I can't swing properly. Sigh. Need to keep training my wrist.

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

You meant Hock Eng Bangi? How much they selling?

20. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    560 only frame.......