Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

That was what the match statistics show in AE 2011,LD won most of the net encounters, LCW won most of his points from overhead shots.
    LD has to play tactically more than ever whilst LCW is still improving in skills and tactics.

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Sorry I could not find anywhere or anyone concluded "LD's time is up"

But LD is married, LCW has not. So LD aged faster :D:D:D

Although LCW himself said that he will retired after next year OG, I doubt it will be the case. Its his golden chance to start his own golden era. If TH ruled between 1999-2006 and LD 2007-????, 2012 - ???? should be LCW era.

Time will tell

Again, time will tell

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think many players have been watching LD and can read his moves to a certain extent, that's why most of his smashes were returned easily

by LCW.LD's fitness is still OK but I think it is natural for many reflexes to be slightly slower and easier to read.

Perhaps he could take a tip from Hendrawan who even at an advanced age could out-manouevre his opponents by deception in overheads and disguise.

4. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i believe LD was not at his best when he got beaten by LCW ... im not saying LCW is not good enough, he's really superb during that final... but for me, i would love to watch LCW beat LD when both of them hit their top form in a big final... that will be awesome... :) let's hope that we dont have to wait too long to see it.. :) who knows maybe during this year world champ?? hehehe

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

From the statistics LCW always seem to beat LD over 2 sets (except maybe in Korea) and probably in tournaments when LD

was most jaded.I think LD simply has to be at his best to excel unlike the consistent LCW who can perform well tournament after tournament,

nowadays he needs 3 sets to overwhelm his opponents.Like some say,LD does not win 2 tournaments in a row and it is telling!

Previously he could blast his opponents off court but now he can only outlast them over 3 sets.

That is not to belittle LCW or LD, it says something of their physical and mental condition.I think LD can still adapt his playing style

his mind may still be set on emphasizing on his speed, fitness and power which may be waning.

LCW however is still in good condition and has yet to resort to changing his playing style, his advantage in defence and speed

of footwork to get behind the shuttle leaves him with many options especially in overheads.

The CTC has got it right by insisting that LCW focuses on the biggies this year.

Of course the sadists and meanies in BC will want LD to play every tournament so that he can be humiliated

but that will deprive folks from seeing really good matches from Masters at their best, not when they are most vulnerable.

6. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

7. valdy

valdy Regular Member

College Student
    anyone know what is the reason of decreasing of lin dan's bwf ranking points this week?

8. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    The 2010 BAC, which he won, doesn't count anymore... Or it counts less or something. Because he won 7000 points there, but he got less than 7000 deducted this week.

#2048 Gicutzu, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Anyone knows whats the reason he got his yellow card during his match against sho sasaki of japan during the quarter final?

10. valdy

valdy Regular Member

College Student
    really? I thought it was only given in football... hmmm...

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I think Lin Dan either not giving his best in All England against Lee Chong Wei or playing relax badminton . I watch Lin Dan almost every tournament . I don't understand how come nowadays his famous up the air smashes is missing in recent tournaments ?

12. valdy

valdy Regular Member

College Student
    maybe he got tired and bored with all of this stuff...

13. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    maybe he's lack of motivation to achieve success since he won all the major tournament already..

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think he got bored of his old style and wants to change to a new playstyle, a new challenge for him.

15. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    what is the new style of playing he try to apply? any idea? is it more rallies than smashes?:)

16. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

Feels like it to me too...what is there for him to win? He got everything already and I think he wanna save his energy since jump smashes are tiring..he definitely didn't play his best against LCW in AE11..its quite obvious actually..but he wasn't that slack either..

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Maybe... perhaps.. he is thinking more about the 'e' rather than the 'a' in badminton. keke. ;)

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

He just wants to enjoy his time playing badminton. Ending rallies with his famous super interception smashes aren't so challenging and as fun with drawing out a proper rally, and play the highest quality men singles.

19. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

yeap and nowadays he brings other players to a rubber set..hope he is really enjoying himself haha! anyway lets hope he just play his best and show us why he is the best player on the planet in OG12. I believe that will be his last tournament so lets hope he gives his all!:)

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Let him have fun and enjoy it. We want him to be on the circuit as long as possible. ;)