Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thanks for the correction
    i didnt follow cbl

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You are too focussed on prize money. More $$$ are made outside of prize money won in SS.

3. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    what is happening to bao ...i love him ...his play style rocks!

4. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

ya, he was good, but dont know wat happen 2 him, he juz dont really stood up lately:(

5. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Rm500000 is barely enough to buy a gtr, let alone a second car. Lcw does not coach, so what are his other income? Endorsement fee got so much meh?

6. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    Why are we discussing BCL and LCW in here?

#2006 Gicutzu, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  7. InvinKoh

InvinKoh Regular Member

The world top 2 is LD and LCW..

Then I would say the other 2 players whose performance are consistent which could fit into 3-4 would be CJ and PG..

BCL performance is like see-saw.. up and down..
    CL still a bit green.. a bit fresh..

8. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

The answer can be found at the article itself. Commercial shootings....

9. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I think there is no more heavenly four in MS anymore LD and LCW is just so far ahead than the others.

Tier 2 players that as a reasonable chance to upset them are PG, TH, CJ, and CL IMO.

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I didn't know that Lin Dan is also endorsed by Gillette... the endorsement figures must be astronomical...

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You mean Gillette is endorsed by LD?

12. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The Gillette Mach 3 Turbo to be exact :D

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Yes, sorry for the "bad-phrase"... I saw it on TV last night...

14. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    lol not to mention he has his own brand now... as well as the li-ning sweaters...

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It appears that Lin Dan as lost a lot of the fluidity of movement that was one of his distinguishing characteristics of play. At the AE2011, he appeared to even struggle to move back to counter attacking clears; definitely sluggish.

Now that they have seen that he too is human and fallible, many other players will be lining up to shoot him down.

Maybe this suggests he will not be the force he used to be. Does anyone think there is a chance he may not even be in contention by the time the OG2012 rolls around?

Just my thoughts, don't crucify me! :D

16. Shingyboy

Shingyboy Regular Member

Authorised Distributor
    Honestly I have to agree that he seemed to struggle a lot, but even so I mean if this is him struggling and he is still getting to the finals what does that say to like the talent of men singles badminton players everywhere?

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well, once some of the other players cross the psychological barrier that had been built up around LD, who knows what may happen? There is some challenge in the form of KT, Simon, and even a few CHN players, and there is a good possibility of adding a few others to that list in the next 6-10 months.

Besides, the CBA may decide not to shield him from the opposition, just to ensure that they have the best players available by way of natural selection for the OG2012....

18. Shingyboy

Shingyboy Regular Member

Authorised Distributor
    It is true who knows what might happen, but he does not look as great as he used to and sorry but it just looks to me that regardless of psychology the rest of men singles they can't even compete at the same level, like seriously him and Lee Chong Wei are on just different levels even when they are off form no one else can really touch them, but I guess we shall have to see.

19. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Let us agree to disagree:D:D.

[video=youtube;un9yKSWa6T8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un9yKSWa6T8&feature=related[/video]

Just take a look at the video here. And note the difference of footwork between 2 players. LD footwork did not look sluggish at all, especially against players other than LCW. It's always the opponent that struggle like the video show above(both in GO and AE-been watching LD since QF).
    MY suggestion to those who claimed that LD did not play with a passion or appeared slow in the AE to do some indepth match analysis:p.

For starter, I found that LCW have had more variety in his shot selectionw when he was pushed to his deep forehand corner(weakness of Right handed player). Making LD very hard to read his play early and injecting pace. LCW used to give the control away once he got pushed late into his forehand corner, but it seems that he has done some homework this time.This was only one of the more obvious change in their game, feel free to dig out the other more subtle differences in LCW/LD's play(after all the video is available for downloading/streaming).
    But I will say again, no, LD was not off form in AE. I am sure LD will be much more prepared come this Sudirman Cup/future tournament.

While I am at it, I will reveal a little more. Marc Zwiebler was able to took the second set from LD in semifinal due to Marc being able to read LD's attack in the middle of second set. LD probably thought that Marc was just an easy meat(can't blame him, LD trashed marc in KO 2011 which was aslo where Marc got his experience to play against LD) and carry on with his attacking play. At one point you can see that Marc was jumping to the correct other half of court before LD even did his cross court smash. And March proceed to put pressure on LD's forehand defense which seem a little bit slow on that day. Oh, tell you what, I was surprised to see LD throwing tantrum on court(not sure if TV captured this, I was sitting opposite to LD when he did this), albeit a mild one.
    In the third set LD changed his tactic and concentrate his play more on net which is why you didn't see alot of smash winner on the third set. It worked but fans were actually complaining that LD's play did not have the explossive smash and passion it used to be:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Lack of match preparation was more like it. I can assure you that LD did not study MArc's play thoroughly before the play. But then again, can't blame him though. After all, who will have thought that the reigning World Champion will lose to a German player? Who in the right state of mind will put their chips on MArc who got beaten by LD 2 months ago in KO?

20. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    haha lcleing i couldn't agree more. however, there's one point i want to make, that because of that really dynamic (i mean SURPRISING dynamic) play, lin dan was caught several times off guard because of a slower, more technical pace. LCW was really firing those smashes every where, and combining them with several dropshots, really cost LD several points. one question, you go to all of these matches and see LD fo real? man i envy you so much. In china and not even see LD in the flesh.....