Lin Dan walkover in MO

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Let's not get into these words of corruption and negligence. They are very far from the discussion and not used appropriately for this situation. There is nothing illegal going on as well. For this situation, we see team tactics and gamesmanship. If you need other sports to compare to, then look at cycling and formula 1 racing.

2. bok_like_dat

bok_like_dat Regular Member

Development Manager

Its not exactly what you are refering to, but have a look LYD in Macau GGP last year. He played about 5 points in both his MX and MD first round matches before retiring. He was clearly injured, but it seems did not want to pay the late withdrawall fee if he pulled out before the tournament started. It looked very bad, and prevented someone from qualifying being promoted to the main draw.

3. bok_like_dat

Development Manager
    I give my vote for best performed in this thread to thunder.tw. Great comments and also some very good and witty abuse to those blind LD fans! More comments please!!!

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It was not LYD..It was LHJ...
    The law as I had been told...if she withdrew, she needed to see tournament doctor to get medical certificate..since they thought it might too complicated, Korean coach asked them to play for few points then retired...I did ask Korean coach why she pulled out from XD but then played WD again then pulled out.

Referee told me that in BWF rule..if one player, lets say LHJ pulled out from XD and she can play WD later...
    Told them the rule is funny..how come you are injured, few hours later you are okay??
    In tennis, once you are injured then you cant play either in single or double...

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    New bwf rule? last time don't have if I am not wrong :)

6. bok_like_dat

Development Manager
    Ah yes you are right, it was LHJ, my mistake. Seems a funny rule to me, it is relatively new though. Previously it the rule was that once you withdraw you are out of the tournament.

7. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Just for record, every year several professionals in Msia eg. Doctors, Lawyers , Architects etc are de-registered

by their respective Boards for misconduct, amongst them abuse of Certificates.

It is not as if the codes here are so weak.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    +2 :)
    ....................... don't know about the "abuse" angle though...

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Just post it at LD's thread...wake up CHN fans!!! LD is very very fine,..he is 100% injury FREEE!!!!

10. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

contrary to some posters.. i find this thread extremely stimulating and cerebral. kudos to some of you here... intelligence and articulation still prevails here in BC... i learnt a few new things too... i enjoyed reading many of the postings here.... better grammar even heheheh

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Yes, some good stuff here from bc members yoppy, cobalt, thunder and huang..

Opts did I miss someone and gosh it's 15 pages & 250 post !! :D

12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

It's 3 times in a row in SS events... There is AG in between and LD played superbly.

Indeed, if it's really 3 times in a row, then it's more credible that LD has serious injury problems. His body is not fit enough to support him playing. He should retire immediately. ;)

13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Yes but he also qualified that other teams would have and had made all these similar strategic moves if they had the depth,
    so the statements are meant to be more objective than emotional.

14. bok_like_dat

Development Manager

That objective nature is what makes the comments so good! He was not having a go at LD and China, but the state of the sport and the massive control that many associations (not just China) have over individual players.

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

And with that may we rest in peace.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I think there are two competing arguments here:

1. not playing enough tournaments in a 12-month cycle.
    2. playing too much tournaments in a 12-month cycle.

For Lin Dan, playing 6 tournaments a year is quite a lot, since he has now won everything. He doesn't have to prove anything anymore. His priorities now are his new family and making money (eg, sponsorship activities). LYB only needs Lin Dan to do two things from now to 2012 August: (1) beat LCW in major events, and (2) raise the standards of other Chinese players...

For LCW, playing 12 to 14 tournaments a year isn't enough since he hasn't won Olympics or WC. He is playing those PSS and SS events as part of his regular practice.

17. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

You are incorrect. The topic at hand is a pattern of suspisious WO, not the number of events entered by respective players in a given season. There is a lot that can be said about what you posted but this is not the appropriate thread for that topic.

18. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Friday January 28, 2011

Chong Wei, Lin Dan win, but three youngsters knock out stars

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Veterans Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia and Lin Dan of China flexed their muscles to reach the quarter-finals of the US$1.2mil South Korea Open in Seoul yesterday.
    But three youngsters – Kenichi Tago of Japan and China’s Wang Zhengming and Du Pengyu – seized the limelight when they knocked out three China stars – Chen Long, reigning champion Chen Jin and Bao Chunlai respectively – in the second round.
    Tago battled for one hour and 29 minutes to break the resolve of fourth-seeded Chen Long for a 20-22, 23-21, 21-16 win.
    Pengyu and world junior champion Zhengming, however, did not face much resistance in their matches. Pengyu ousted Chunlai 21-16, 21-13 and Zhengming overcame Chen Jin 21-11, 21-14.
    This has led to speculation that Chunlai and Chen Jin pulled their punches to allow their juniors to go through.
    In today’s quarter-finals, Pengyu will face Tago while Zhengming has a tricky match against Chong Wei.
    Yesterday, Chong Wei ripped South Korean Park Sung-hwan apart for a 21-14, 21-9 win in just 35 minutes.
    National coach Teh Seu Bock was happy with the transformation in Chong Wei’s game.
    Just a day earlier, the Malaysian was slow off the mark before finally prevailing against Denmark’s Jan O Jorgensen.
    “I am happy with his condition here. He is a bit tired as he is coming into his third tournament this month. But I am happy that he is able to showcase the qualities in his game,” said Seu Bock.
    The coach, however, was sceptical with the outcome of match between Zhengming and Chen Jin, saying: “I think Chen Jin is not prepared to face Chong Wei yet.”
    The other quarter-final matches today will see Lin Dan facing Indonesian Taufik Hidayat and Denmark’s Peter-Gade Chris*tensen is up against a resurgent Simon Santoso of Indonesia.
    So far, Lin Dan has not shown any signs of the back injury that resulted in him conceding a walkover in the quarter-finals of the Malaysia Open last week.
    Yesterday, he took only 27 minutes to record a 21-9, 21-12 win over Marc Zwiebler of Germany.
    Meanwhile, it was all over for Malaysia’s Wong Mew Choo when she ran out of steam against top seed Wang Xin, losing 16-21, 9-21 in the women’s singles second round.

I think even the BAM camp share the same thought that Lin Dan & Chen Jin werent ready to face Datuklee that's why they rather lose to their junior than lose to Datuklee.

19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

CJ and BCL losts are further proof of manipulating plot by CHN team. For those non-believer, wake up!!

20. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Who's a non-believer?

But if really queried, CJ is genuinely unfit (I think) and BCL is already Bao,

but probably still a gap between them and juniors.

Read more on Thunder.tw topics, there is simply too much repetition.