Lin Dan walkover in MO

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    There are quacks, has-beens, indifferent and incompetent people in every profession, even sadly, in the medical profession, and sadly even in advanced countries. There are really sad stories even in Canada, a country that many believe has the best public health system in the world. Karma. The thing is, you can't paint everyone with the same brush.

2. bok_like_dat

bok_like_dat Regular Member

Development Manager
    This is most sensible thing anyone has said. Associations have far too much control over the sport. LYB, LD the Chinese officials do what is best for China, and that is fair enough, why wouldnt they? But their goal is not to grow the sport worldwide, but simply to get the best result for China.

There have always been problems with players not agreeing with associations across many countries. Recent changes though have seen badminton becoming more professional, this can be seen in Indonesia and Malaysia with many players now competing as professional players seperate to PBSI, somthing that would have not been allowed 10 years ago.

While there are issues with LD's constant withdrawalls from international events and LYB controlling many china v china results, overall badminton is moving in a positive direction and on the way to becoming rescognised world wide for the great sport that it is.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I do believe that BWF is taking the right moves to make sure that Badminton WILL NOT BE DROPPED from the 2016 Olympics Games. That's part of the reason why they engaged the consulting company to help them revamp the SS structure and to bring more entertainment in badminton tourneys.

So far, Djarum has done a great job at the INA SS 2010, with its welcome party, food stalls, etc that hope to bring more ppl to watch the games. I see that the same thing is followed with the mamak stalls at the MAS SS 2011.

As for withdrawal of players, I think enough has been discussed and we should just move on.

4. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I agree but, the sad part is we will move on and in a few tournaments from now these antics will repeat themselves and we'll be back in a different thread with the same old same old.

But, now it's time for the KO and we shouldn't have to worry about any WO controversy. Nope, if I recall past KOs we should be seeing a thread about crazy line judging... or did they clean that up?

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I think i won't be able to see Lin dan walkover in KO thread by this week?:D:p

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There is nothing illegal going on wrt LD. No point in taking my words out of context.

7. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

No he won't.. Because LCW is at 1st half..

8. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

No he won't.. Because LCW is at 1st half & somemore this is not Malaysia

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Quite correct. The doctor can only rely on the information given and his examination of the person. Even if you do the most expensive tests, they are not 100% sensitive in picking up a diagnosis. Even if you have a diagnostic dilemma, a sensible course of action would be conservative management and advise not playing.

Now if you had a situation where the player had a lot to lose financially by not playing, e.g. potential loss of a LOT of money for the next match, then we might see less of these 'walkovers'

10. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

GUYS;

All this doctor talk is nonsense. There is nothing wrong with the doctor. I seriously doubt the doctor was bribed, incompetent or in any way deficient in his duties. There is no doctor on earth who would be able to detect if LD's injury was real or not.

As for whether LD is really injured, the plain fact of the matter is that nobody can say for certain one way or the other whether he is truly injured. All we can do is look at the evidence. That evidence is overwhelming in it's indication that this injury is a fake. In fact anyone who thinks it's legit falls into one of these categories;

1. They've never competed in any sport before in their life.
    2. They are not a fan of any other sport.
    3. They are rabidly pro China and/or Lin Dan. (and no this isn't a condemnation of Chinese, if MAS had the player depth to do this and did I'm sure there would be MAS supporters who would be parroting the China zealots in this case)
    4. They are mentally unbalanced and have a weak grasp of reality. COUGH COUGH.... pralienescream. COUGH

Ultimately TH had it right, it has gone on long enough and the BWF should do something about it.

#210 thunder.tw, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  11. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Or, you know, LD really has an injury which is not serious enough to preclude him from playing (just perhaps not at 100%), but is serious enough to warrant a legal walkover should he wish to give one. At their level of play I would be pretty dumbfounded if they have no injuries at all.

Shan't comment on the actual reasons for his walkover, just putting that out there as a possibility.

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what a load of rubbish! overwhelming evident? will it stand up in court? the fact is LD reported to injuried before the game and the t'ment offical accepted it, PERIOD.

i was down to play in my club last night, a couple of hours before i experienced some pain in my ankle and decided to call in a day and have a rest instead. this morning i woke up and everything fine. so, will i be done by faking my injury since I've recovered in less than 24 hrs?

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

This is a good point by AlanY. Another example is that you don't feel well and are in no condition to play, like having food poisoning or so... then you decide to give a walkover to ensure that you do not over-exert yourself although you will recover in a few day's time. There is nothing wrong with that.

However, what it odd here is the rate of these walkovers, which is 3 times in 3 tournaments at the QF stage. The Hong Kong Super Series would be the best place to give the argument. We can say that Chen Long was given a chance here, and also in China Super Series but what about Hong Kong? He gave a walkover to Nguyen Tien Minh. It is hard to believe that he had an injury that forced him to pull out for 3 times in a row in 3 tournaments at the QF stage.

I hope that those who believe LD is injured can see my point here. I am not saying that it is impossible, but just that it is too hard to believe!

14. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Of course alany's injury can't be fake the way he described it, I would believe him :)

But if he keeps having the same injury excuses three times in a row (alany, I hope that doesn't happen :D)

What would his buddies or his fans say? :D

Or another example, if you left your front door open wide for 3 days,

What would happen? :D

Anyway I think we have enough in this thread,

Let's move on, guys:)

#214 pBmMalaysia, Jan 25, 2011
  15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

no, 3 times in a row actually made it more creditable as it seems to be a recurrence problem.
    it will be odd if that only happened once a year and always given the cold shoulder to MO!

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

It will hard to convince a die hard LD fan like yourself. But let me say, the only reason LD is now doing WO instead of being absence is because points requirement for London OG and the fact that BWF is looking into possibility on sanctioning on players with high absence rate. Those 2 reasons forced LYB to opt for WO tactic. This pattern of WO will continue until OG, of course this is as long as LD meets another CHN player.

Stand up in court?? No it wont. As i said, there is no rule has been broken but certainly they have been manipulated. And we are talking about sport and sportsmanship here not civil or criminal law.

thunder.tw has made several excellent posts i must admit. And we are right to question. You mentioned you were down at your club and went home, right?? What is the chance of that happens 3 times in a row?? Perhaps only you can answer that. But if Im a betting man, i would bet that its a fake.

There is one thing that LD can do to dismiss all of this doubt: to make another WO in KO without meeting another CHN player. Lets see if he's now willing to sacrifice the price money for that.....LOL. Again, if Im a betting man i would bet LD going all the way to final :D

Now ask your self AlanY, is there anything that would make you think that LD WO is a conspiracy?? If there is none, lets just say you are a true LD lover. If there is, you should keep it to yourself and time will tell the faith of your love story

Peace

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

LOL also 3 times againts CHN player?? what a timing....:)

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

2nd time was against Nguyen Tien Minh, read my post :)

19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Could be the fact that he may meet LCW or CJ in the SF. Also note that CJ also WO againts LCW??

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Never mind lah, they(you know who) also keep saying LCW faking injury during WC 2010 when he won Japan Open & CWG. That's after 2 to 3 weeks no tournament, etc,etc.

If the injury recurring, then should have skipped MO like injured Hendra Setiawan(maybe PG back injury also??) as it's not Premier SS. China & HK case should have given warning signs to the medical team.
    It's not like MO just picked up the injury then have to have KO like Denmark XD

#220 eaglehelang, Jan 25, 2011