LCW Is Fury Now

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by danielwong, Dec 20, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if bam have the mentality to kick those who cant perform well out of bam
    why try so hard to hold the not young anymore tan chun seang from resign?
    tcs can lay gold egg ah?

2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

If they are lazy, then how could they do well at the junior level?

Based on my experience in the education business, I would say if a few students won't work hard, they are simply lazy. But if a whole class won't work hard, then the blame should be on the teacher or the school. These people won't work hard because they cannot see any good reason to work hard, they cannot see any real difference that may result from working hard.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Lee Chong Wei is right in someways, no excuses for the younger players. But the younger players are being influenced by him as well. Everything have to be Congruent. Saying is one thing.. doing is another.

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

A very straight forward talk and honest opinion from him. Even HE feels the current batch of mas elite back up or whatever back up singles shuttlers is nowhere near other countrie's junior shuttles. LMAO when he said even TXH, the thing can't help them:D

5. george@chongwei

And well, it's such a shame for the current batch of elite back up MS player in the squad now. Hope those LCW talks can give them some motivation is some ways and to beat LCW.:D

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Psss, 4 of the 5 musketters went to back to Rashid middle of this year. Hendrawan only had them for 1 year. Personally I think 4 musketters already gave up since TCS case, now, want quit also cannot, so, have to wait till BAM kick them out. Or until reach KBH, Yeoh KB age.
    But funniest thing, BAM drop the younger players - Lok CC, supposed Lim Fang Yang.

7. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    i don't think they are lazy ...only lacks talent? i guess?

8. george@chongwei

or their unavailability to cope up with pressures or something?

9. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    gotta agree with george

10. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Kudos to Dato', for speaking up and pointing out essential qualities that are clearly lacking. Going the extra mile and analytical thinking.

Besides what's mentioned by Dato', I'd like to highlight another disease in the BAM setup. A disease not limited to the players but some so called chief coach & ex Jagoh.

this disease is the 'Junior Senior Mentality'. the players are classifying and being classifying themselves between the two categories... resulting this mentality to alter the players perception, performance and progress.

What is the purpose of being categorized junior and senior? Nothing!

Junior: Implies --> Inexperienced --> Low target expectation --> Low motivation for the less pro-active --> Fear of expectation when graduate to 'senior' --> results in weak 'senior-end product'

Senior: Implies --> Older and ahead of the group so higher target expectations --> head of the group in a country but brings no value to international opponents --> fear and shame if lose to juniors --> ultimately weak mental strength.

Honestly I do not remember the National Team of past practicing the categorizing players into 'Senior' and 'Junior'.

Last time players were only categorized:

Either 'Star Player' or 'Potential / Up & Coming' or 'Just a Nobody'

or

Either 'Tournament Player' or 'Training Player'

And that's all that was important.

11. flite

flite Regular Member

I understood your hidden message that you think its better not to voice it out to public. But if those youngsters were influenced by LCW then they should be on the brighter side of the game since LCW achievements is something to shout about but they were no where near him. Also its down to oneself whether to be easily influenced or not.

#51 flite, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  12. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

They are neither.

they are just not obsessed with the game enough

Makan Bola (Tangkis) Minum Bola (Tangkis) Tidur Bola (Tangkis)

Baru Boleh!

(Eat, Drink & Sleep Badminton... Then only Can Do!)

13. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

If an outsider may respectfully pose a question: Is the lack of ambition and analytic thinking a deficiency in the coaching system, or is it exactly what the coaching system picks for candidates?

I don't know the Malaysian system at all. But in some sports systems there is a bias for picking players who are more subservient and obediant. The coach likes that the trainee does whatever he is told and treats coaches words with reverence. But later they act surprised that these kids have no "fire in the belly". The docile perfect student has not become the type of self-confident, independent thinker who becomes World Champion. Is it possible that BAM needs to pick a few 'rebel'-types for training?

14. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

I think both Dato and Habis are disappointed because they don't feel the 'back up / support' from the 'back up' team. It feels like there isn't any 'back-up'.

Only got 'Back-End'

15. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

It's a good point.

Here lies the Paradox in BAM.

The Rebel in his youth Misbun demands discipline and players to fall into line.

The 2012 squad was initially formed in 2005ish. 20ish players came for the selection. The selector took almost 2 months to make up his mind and finally unable to remember to quality of the players that showed up decided to enlist all of them into the squad.

after 3-4 years this Ex National Jagoh with zero results as a coach from any1 of his players, and plenty of politiking was made to become the new chief coach of BAM MS.

And this is just at coaching/mid -lower management level

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha,its the same thing when there is landslide/flood,our minister said it is the fate from god
    no need take responsibility and step down

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Being a baddie player myself, it's true that there are players who lack the analytical skills. I won't categorized them as dumbs but they are just slow and "not-so-intelligent". Badminton is a game requires strong analytical skills and quick to make split second decision in the dying situation during a highly tense match. Having said so, I'm not too sure if all these lacking skills in our "junior" or "elite back-up" players can be overcome by determination and disciplined both on and off court...

I am less skeptical if outsiders claim they (those players) are lacking the fire to succeed. Who doesn't want to be the next LCW? still BOLEH? :)

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Talent is part of it me thinks. Seems the more talented ones chose to specialize in MD. After seeing how their seniors are doing, I wouldnt be surprised. Teo Kok Siang used to be MS. Another one of the 3 pairs too, GWS I think.

Like ye333 said, cannot be all lazy(err, maybe not so smart player lah), then how come MD back up seem motivated, work hard. It's not just the competition in MD or lack of in MS. The muskeeters, after all their years of trying, dont think they will ever make it. Unlike their peers, juniors in MD, XD who will win something every year, at least some light in the tunnel to think that they will make it some day.

Rebel? Like Ah Koo? :p:p

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It's a good point. They don't work harder because they hit a wall in their efforts. No further reason to put the effort in. Is it because they do not get chances? I watched Darren Liew at HK Open qualifiers this year. He's pretty good! I was distracted taking a few photos and later he lost. Definitely has the chance to get a higher ranking but not taking his chance. Contrast that with the Indian players who put a lot of effort in when on court. Although those Indian players (men's singles) don't get far, they give the impression of trying very hard and learning. Wether the men's singles players do get to the later stages of tournaments is another thing.

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

To excel at junior level, some talent with decent effort may bring them up there... however, to excel at the senior and International levels, one needs the "x-factor"... perhaps these batch of junior and/or back-up squad do NOT have the x-factor...

No choice... keeping finding the hidden gem... and explore the next LCW... BOLEH :)