Qiao Bin

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Dec 14, 2010.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Let us begin a new thread for Qiao Bin.

Qiao Bin is a new Mens Singles player from China.

He is currently participating in the India Grand Prix 2010.

His current ranking is 175, up from 255 a week ago, thanks to a decent showing at the recently concluded China Masters Super Series, where he beat Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk of Thailand in 3 games.

Does anyone have any more information or pics on this player?

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Name: Qiao Bin
    Date of birth: 18 November 1992
    Hometown: Hunan
    Current place: Beijing (currently playing for Beijing team)
    Right/Left handed: Right handed

He won the promotional competition to the first team about two months ago. The promotion competition two months ago involved Chen Yuekun (2nd team), Tian Houwei (2nd team), Qiao Bin (2nd team) and Gao Huan (1st team). Gao Huan is ranked last in the 1st team, so he has to play in the promotional competition to secure his place in the 1st team. At last, Qiao Bin won the promotional match and promoted to the 1st team, Gao Huan dropped to the 2nd team.

3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Qiao Bin.......

Attached Files:

4. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

If QB deserves his own thread then I think Chen Yue kun deserves it too

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Oh oh... :( he just got rolled over by the #1 seed at the India GP, Dionysius Hayom, 21-17, 21-17
    Hopefully some good performances will result from his international exposure, in the next year! :)

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    If he ranks 175, anyone ranks ahead of him deserves one too? :D:):rolleyes:

7. orangejuice

orangejuice Regular Member

student
    any pics and info about gao huan ?

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Bin Qiao seems to be participating in more tournaments recently, along with Chen Yuekun, than say a year or more ago....

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I think he has more potential than his other competitors that are a similar age to him in the Chinese squad.

Tian Houwei - seems to be studying at the moment and therefore not competing much.
    Chen Yuekun - been sent around, but hasn't been incredibly impressive (by Chinese standards)
    Gao Huan - showed some promise, but already 23 iirc
    Xue Song - has some potential, need to wait and see.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LD rules, good you mentioned Xue Song, I've been waiting for CBA to send him to the regular(senior) international tournaments. As we know, CHN junior players aren't so lucky as other nationalities, esp with so many seniors, apart from the elite ones, ahead of him in the queue, he can only wait patiently for his turn to come. In fact, among his peers, there are a few more like him, eg Zhu Siyuan, Li Qi, and one or two names I can't recall, but Xue Song impressed me the most

From the little I've read about Xue Song, he plays an aggressive attacking game, capable of smashing and smashing in succession but tends to be impatient when forced on the defensive or as the rally wears on.

Back to Qiao Bin. To be honest, I never thought much of him until today. Watched him play a little in his match with Wong Wing Ki yesterday. I think his time has come and expect him to surpass Chen YK and Gao Huan soon (Tian Houwei is out of the picture), and possibly Wang Zengming as well.

11. icey_drone

icey_drone Regular Member

Student
    Qiao Bin disposed of Kento Momota in 2 sets today

But his performance against Jen Hao Hsu yesterday was much better
    More focused and less unforced errors

Momota definitely had his chance today. He gave Qiao Bin quite tough match and at many points of the game Qiao Bin was behind Momota

Despite a number of service faults going against the Chinese, Momota failed to captivate and was playing defensive most of the time.
    At some points, Momota did very well in counterattack, but most of the points were earned by Qiao Bin's powerful smashes to the lines

The Japanese boy is very good at steering the shuttle and defending smashes or drives near his body. His defensive capabilities are impressive. He has a very smooth and relaxed playing style.
    But I found he lacks speed and urgency, rarely does he win on the attack or smashing and this meant he is always under the control of his Chinese opponent

12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

He got destroyed by LCW... not up to standard mentally?

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    We can't simply judge by seeing his match against LCW. Its well known fact that whoever meets LCW, they will be out of his path except one or two top ranked players. This is already known.

Though i am an indian, i praise Qiao Bin for his commendable performance in German Open. I felt him as a separate unique player than anybodyelse at that time. His way of conducting the rallies and his perfect smashes are really remarkable . Since we don't have the luxury of watching the Australian open videos , we could not say what really happened in the match.

Either Qiao Bin's strategy would have failed or LCW came to the court with definite homework to tackle qiao bin's style , we have no idea. But i don't have much interest in all other chinese back up MS players who played in Australia except qiao bin. He will definitely move to the top in the future. I am damn sure about it :).

#13 scorpion1, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

it's normal. LCW got destroyed by him, that's a breaking news!

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This time Qiao Bin was thrashed by LCW, 21-11 and 21-8 in the AUS Open QF. The last time ,he was trounced by his senior colleague Chen Long in the GER Open Semi-final, 21-8 and 21-16. Never mind, no disgrace, all part of growing up being humbled by two such superlative players.

16. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    i think he has improved ? i remember qiao bin was trashed by INA youngster Shesar Hiren Rhustavito in 2 easy sets... hmm... maybe in Vietnam challenge or vietnam GP 2012...

17. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

What has happened to Qiao Bin? Haven't heard of him since the 2013 Aussie Open. Is he injured or something else? For that matter what has happened to Chen Xiao Jia too?

18. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Qiao Bin was injured during China national games

19. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I would say Qiao Bin is the best badminton player now. It's a pity that he has been excluded from major tournaments. He played and won China International challenge 2015 with all easy cruises. Sure, that's not enough to say he's the best, but he just beat all opponents easily, including Chen Long (newly crowned all England champion), Wang ZM, and has been invincible in China super league. He defeated both Chen Long, Wang ZM 3:0; and one game he beat 11:1 against Chen Long.

So far in the past several months, Qiao Bin has overwhelmed all his opponents as easy as chopping watermelons.