Lee/Jung vs Fu/Cai again. Who will win this time?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by george@chongwei, Nov 17, 2010.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Badminton players usually talk about their own weaknesses

True. :):):)

Tennis players usually talk about their opponents' strengths; Badminton players usually talk about their own weaknesses.

2. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    not at all
    Federer once ever said his opponent didn't play briliant that make him amazed,is himself playing badly that day..i forget who the opponent is

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    koo/tan doesnt seem to be willing to win any bronze here

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 Asian Games Individual MD Event: KKK/TBH have made it to the Final

It's now Gold or Silver for KKK/TBH; They have just made it into the MD Final. :):):)

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

There is nothing to discuss about OG08 Final. It's like LD demolishing LCW, you can say all you want about pressure, but the fact is, pressure or not, the result won't change.

06AG is very easy to explain. 1. KKK/TBH is a new pair, CY/FHF is not familiar with them and get surprised. 2. KKK/TBH is a strong pair, at the same level as CY/FHF. When you face an unfamiliar opponent who's at the same level as you, is 9:21 in the 1st game that hard to understand?

Interestingly, in both OG08 and AG06, CY/FHF did not "give up". They fight till the very end. In sharp contrast to what happened this time.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

You make more errors when your confidence shatters and consequently lost focus.

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

They beat KKK/TBH in WC mainly due to better stamina... KKK slowed down significantly after the 1st game. On the other hand, CY/FHF is always able to keep the pace. As a consequence, we see CY dominated more and more at the net and FHF had more and more chances to smash.

This time somehow LYD/JJS showed the same, if not better, ability to keep the pace throughout the whole match.

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yup, hope they can chalk this opportunity to win the gold medal 2moro. Since the 2 strongest pair jjs/lyd and fu/cai already out of the competition.;)

9. visor

visor Regular Member

What happened to jjs and lyd?! :eek:

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..it's called the luck of the draw..;)
    That's why i mentioned, tough luck for the CHN pairs, esp. FHF & CY. Imagine if FHF & CY were drawn on the opposite half from LYD & JJS. Meaning they won't meet each other til the Final Rd., should they both advance all the way. Could the result be different for CY & FHF?..
    - All i'm asking is if you think CY & FHF's loss in the 2008 OG was due to pressure or not..
    - So, what caused CY's confidence to shatter which led him to lose focus and make more errors?

#50 ctjcad, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Exactly correct...TBH/KKK chances of repeating gold enhances facing MS/HS than LYD/JJS or CY/FHF, not that MS/HS are easy meat but the other 2 pairs are playing very well in this tournament.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..the only 2 pairs which are playing very well in this tourney are KKK & TBH and MK & HS..;)

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think it's quite clear from my post that the answer is no. :confused::confused: With or without pressure, they would lose to MK/HS all the same. (Now I understand why you ask, by "the result won't change", I mean they still won't be able match MK/HS's pace and touch, and therefore will still lose. I don't mean things like "past is past, it can't be changed")

Of course due to JJS/LYD playing surprisingly well. For example, when your smashes, which you totally believe should penetrate your opponents' defence, was returned easily again and again, you start to doubt yourself, you could not understand what's happening, and consequently you lose focus. Isn't that just normal human behavior? :confused::confused:

#53 ye333, Nov 19, 2010
  14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I must be reading something wrong here...TBH/KKK were lucky to get through the Jap pair while all reporting point out LYD/JJS and CY/FHF game as the best game, neck to neck till the 3rd set when the CHN pair gave up. Anyway, playing MK/HS is better than facing off against LYD/JJS (top form performance until they play MK/HS) or CY/FHF (4 straight SS winners and home court with Jia-You fans). As I said in earlier post, I question if LYD/JJS can sustain their top form performance for SF and F, and guess they were on the downside after coming of a high beating the CHN ace.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- I was sort of being in jest as i see a MAS and an INA pair still standing..which means they are still playing well..;)
    - If one wants to bring in the factor of luck for KKK & TBH (the draw), then i won't dispute it as they didn't have to face the JJS & LYD, MK & HS and CY & FHF on their way to the Final Rd..but they still beat their much lower ranked opponents..
    - If referring to CHN pair "giving up" as FHF & CY, they lost to JJS & LYD in straight games (individual event), not 3 games.
    - From all the reports, comments here, FHF & CY haven't been sharp throughout the tourney. Even citing fatigue as a reason (CY mentioned it after team final)..
    - Despite JJS & LYD's slightly better overall H2H record vs. MK & HS, and winning their last 3 encounters, i thought their match vs. Kido & Setiawan was 50-50. Both pairs are pretty much equal, imo, despite MK & HS' recent struggles.
    - JJS & LYD losing in 3 games vs. Kido & Setiawan only shows 1 thing, imo: the KORs caught FHF & CY at the right time, with the CHN pair being out of form.

#55 ctjcad, Nov 19, 2010
  16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    There are so many games to watch and I haven't watch MK/HS - LYD/JJS or FHF/CY - LYD/JJS match or any MD/XD/WD yet. I love singles and watch singles so far. I just based on Badzine reporting on the mother of all matches featuring the Koreans in team event against CHN. IMO, playing any CHN players are tough especially at home, and their standard are so high and it takes a lot to beat them, maybe I give them too much respect here. I am guessing TBH/KKK would rather play MK/HS than the other 2, not that MK/HS are gonna be cakewalk, they are OLY champ after all.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..from the beginning, or even before, of this tourney, the MD event was talked about the most as the most open event. Very hard to predict and gauge as we can only see and based our opinion from those 4 pairs' prior matches' form/results. Who knew arguably the 2 most inconsistent pairs (both of which have been struggling/coming up short to win any title) this yr would end up in the MD Final???..:eek:..i guess we have to ask the AG god..;)

#57 ctjcad, Nov 19, 2010
  18. visor

visor Regular Member

What happened to lyd/jjs? I thought they were on a roll since beating cy/fhf twice in the past week.

OTB, in the team event cy/fhf were their usual excellent level. It's just the Koreans were slightly better, some say maybe lyd is more refreshed as he is not playing xd matches. However in the individual event just two days later, they met again and this time the Chinese pair looked dazed and lost focus from after the interval at 11-7 of the 2nd game.

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Agree with you.

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I thought so too that LYD/JJS will win this AG10. I surmised LYD/JJS was coming from the ultra high beating CY/FHF 2X in the same tournament and only way to go is downhill. That is the same thought I have for LCW should he beat CJ and then play LD. Can a player or players sustain that high octane energy as this AG is a long, long event.
    LYD/JJS peaked early and played their best match in the team event (see Badzone report) and who knows if they have any left over to play MK/HS who are awesome players themselves. That is why I said, when fans said, so-and-so win not impressive, I said good enough to win, that's all it matters and move on, peak later the better...as in the case of LCW who has been playing better as the round moves up. Who cares if the win is pretty or not, the last one standing on the podium is all it matters. That game aginst BP in the QF was very impressive. I predict LCW will play very well against CJ. But if he wins, does he has anything left over to face LD? We will find out but first CJ is in the way.

On another note, think about this. If LCW won in team and MAS moves on to face CHN. LCW beat LD in team match but MAS lose the series. Next, in the MS event, if LCW meet up with LD in the final, would you think or bet LCW will beat LD again in the same tournament in a span of 2-3 days in CHN...nobody has ever beaten LD 2X in the same tournament, let alone in CHN. That is why, I prefer a one-match face off between LCW and LD, and with LCW form slowly peaking, that is good. And losing that team match is actually a blessing and if LCW goes on to win AG gold, that is the turning point.

#60 OneToughBirdie, Nov 19, 2010