Apacs Vs Yonex

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simp84, Dec 2, 2004.

1. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    Haha ya getting serious now haha. Force your opponent to do errors where every reply is high pressure, poisonous n dangerous. Hehe a cool tactic...

2. xSeasonx

xSeasonx Regular Member

well yhu seem so pro . im just a beginner learnin how to beat someone in singles :S
    lol. yhu can be my singles tactic guide (A):) .. jks jks

3. nickspeed9900

RJCAF
    i'm still learning also, i'm no pro at all haha.Many of my mistakes are unforgiven.But i'm working hard to correct my mistakes.

First, you play double too right? I do also. Last time when i play single i always lose, my opponent seem so easy to beat me. Finally i found the answers one by one and at last beat them. 1) double and single are different, in double we can do fast attack, attacks are the main thing.We just hit anything very attacking over the net. In single i found out that i cannot do like that, no one will cover me in many areas. Fast attack blindly is not effective but sometimes dangerous and suicidal. Shot placements and game reading are very important. Smash also must pin point mostly i use to kill a rally, don't bet half half chances. Any reply i always think how the next reply would be, am i going to be in trouble if he does bla bla bla, save yourself from dangerous, think defensively also. If he knows your weakness, improve and over that particular weakness, reply him with extra interest if he attack that weakness spot.Show him it's not your weakness anymore. Read his weakness also in return. Haha these are my few points i usually do.

4. xSeasonx

xSeasonx Regular Member

haha thanks that really helped me alot
    well i play like 90% doubles and the rest on singles
    so im used to hitting and smashing
    and when i started playing singles.
    that didnt work out to well.
    they just simply smash defend and hit to a corner and i lose poitns there.
    i agree i shoudl think more and then play my shots and be more deceptive
    ohs and work on more of my weakness i spose :p

5. nickspeed9900

RJCAF
    hehe good luck on your single game ^^

playing single makes me improve a lot, and it exposes my weakness in so many ways too. I started make personal note on diary, slowly slowly overcome them haha. From Footworks, to stamina, mental strength, to shot placement, various shots accuracy, and yes with some deceptions (it's like seafood in fried noodle haha). I love to play double also but now i know how important to hone my skill as a single-player. I'm started winning matches nowadays haha. But still have to learn very hard haha. If you have tv game, play it, it's good to practice our reflexes. ^^

6. nickspeed9900

RJCAF
    Haha one more think, once you step on the badminton circuit, forget all the friendship we have with our opponent. We have lot of time to befriend after the match ^^ play seriously with killer instinct.

7. xSeasonx

xSeasonx Regular Member

haha after reading what u said above just makes me wanan confirm that ur like a pro player/coach :)
    u coach yourself by writing what to improve down and u improve them as a player ^^

Quote -If you have tv game, play it, it's good to practice our reflexes. ^^-Quote
    lol really 0.o it helps?.. cept i dont game lol

haha agreed nobody is yhur friend once ur on the court. switch that friendly mode to serial killer mode rawrs :)
    and rob points .

8. nickspeed9900

RJCAF
    Tv game can help, especially those game that need very fast reflexes. It trains our brain to react faster. Sometimes, we lost our focus and alertness, fell asleep in the game especially an un-pro old man like me haha.

P.S. i'm no pro haha. But i always have the will to improve that burning like fire.

9. xSeasonx

xSeasonx Regular Member

mhmm.
    those fast reflexes games make me think of shooting games . lol
    un-pro old man 0.o . thought yhur way younger then that (H)

hahaha yhur fire in yhur hearts never off.

10. nickspeed9900

RJCAF
    Haha i'm 28 years old babyface

11. xSeasonx

xSeasonx Regular Member

mhmm pretty young la.

12. wuyeah

wuyeah Regular Member

Designer
    I don't own an APACS racket and just look online of their product moments ago. Here is my point of view.

APACS definitely is not a FAKE Yonex. When you find a fake LV wallet, it actually says LV on the wallet. APACS has its own logo, similar product name (not exactly the same), different head weight and performing style, they are not fake Yonex. Consumer KNOWS they are buying a APACS not trying to find a Yonex. One doesn't need to investigate and question the authenticity, it is not a fake. APACS has their own appeal to consumer. Most of time, it is on price and a racket's function, not so much on cosmetics.

I will say APACS is more like Yonex wanna be!? It is like you admire your brother, you try to act and behave like him, but the end you are still you. Still different in every way because you are not a clon off from your brother. I don't 100% agree with APACS' company product decision but at LEAST their rackets are honest than a fake Yonex that are trying to rob money from consumer.

I also have doubt APACS came from Yonex Taiwan factory. If they are, the factory has every ability to produce a racket that is close to Yonex in terms of weight and feel or even worse, they will use the exact Yonex low end racket parts. Then you are getting a low end Yonex racket with cheaper price.

13. nickspeed9900

RJCAF
    I saw an unstrung Apacs Lethal last night, with 4 or 6 big groomet holes at the 11, 12, 1 o'clock position. Wonder what's the main points behind it and how the stringing system goes like...

14. what07

what07 Regular Member

15. nickspeed9900

RJCAF
    EXACTLY! Yes like that!

16. evolutionist

evolutionist Regular Member

Hey people,

Let's say I would like to get an APACS racket that resembles Yonex VT80, any suggestions?

17. AimUk

AimUk Regular Member

Slayer 99 or Lethal 100, had a practice day when Apacs-Sports.co.uk came to my local Performance centre- tried both and they have the same frame shape as a VT80 (have played with one before) and they felt similar. I prefered the Lethal 100 though :).

18. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    Finapi 88? there is another one APACS product that have the color like VT80, Finapi 101. but with the frame shape like bravesword.

19. fruitychees

fruitychees Regular Member

student
    I tried both; apacs are cheap; I broke both apacs with in 3 months. at the 9, 8, and 4, o'clock.

20. AimUk

AimUk Regular Member

Don't listen to this guy above, apacs are used by ranked 21 doubles in the world from malaysia.

If they're good enough for someone who's 20th in the world, they're definitaly good enough for you.

Been using lethal 90's for best part of a year and they're not breaking on me- maybe you should try hitting the strings ;)