So will Taufik Hidayat finally win his first Super series title on "home soil" ?

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2010' started by LD rules!, Nov 6, 2010.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    maybe taufik will not give a 100% in french open final

saving for asian games...

2. nunu27

nunu27 Regular Member

I didnt see JP play...and was surprising that JP beat PG although we know that both of them just recovered from their injury...therefore, my prediction was like that. But hopefully TH will grab his (dream) title....;)

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

JP smashes and attacks caused tons of problem for PG. JP played fast pace the whole match, PG tried to counter it with good defense and a few trick shots but did not work so well in the 3rd set. But JP looked like he picked up an injury at the end of the 3rd set, he was in pain and holding his right back.

Comparing that game with TH vs BP game, TH vs BP game was a lot slower and more rally. TH defense was solid and his movement and respond was quicker than PG. Not sure what tactic will JP deploy tonite, but my gut feeling JP wont change his tactic againts TH, he will attact quick with plenty of jumping smash. That is if JP does not want to end up the same faith as BP trying to win rally againts TH.

4. Dede_Pran

Dede_Pran Regular Member

student
    i could say that TH will not waste his chance to topple one SS title in his current age, he had missed his chance last week, so he won't be for another one ... let's cheer for him to win it ... furthermore, he mostly plays very well in France and he could beat JP in last Denmark SS in just straight sets :D

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Taufik to win a quick straight set. Happy going home to help those affected by the volcano and quake and have another mission in AG gold. ;)

6. miksss

miksss Regular Member

YES! Go and take your first SS title! :cool:

7. nunu27

nunu27 Regular Member

If this BC Forum had 'like' button just like on facebook, I would like to press 'like' button' for your words...:D..;)

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Taufik truly deserves to win a SS title. He is an icon of the sport.

But Joachim Perrson deserves a little more respect.
    If he can shake of the back injury, he'll be no walk-over.
    His shots against Gade in the semi-final were scary, they were so crisp and precise.

Hoping for a good match from both of them.:)

9. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Joachim Persson is known for breaking down in crucial matches too... this year, anyone remembers the TC between him and Habis Hashim>?

10. sen

sen Regular Member

Very doubtful he will be saving for Asian Games.

But, even if Taufik is not 100%, will Joachim be at 100%, this being his biggest ever final

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Joachim back injury I don't think will affect him, this is the biggest final of his career so far, you never know how many opportunities that you will get. Therefore if he is slightly injured, I am sure he will have done everything to make himself as comfortable as posssible for todays final. It shouldn't affect him, he would probably put it to the back of his mind.

The match between Taufik and Joachim, will either be a very close match or a very comfortable win. I can't see there being anything in between. If Joachim comes out and plays a very aggresive style, I feel it will be very difficult for Taufik to win points.

If I was Joachim, I would try and keep the shuttly away from the net. I think that the net area is where Joachim is weak, and he can make quite a few errors there, I think Joachim should use his attacking play with all of his smashes, fast/steep drops, and make use of the angles that he is able to find. I think that would be the only way that he could have a chance against Taufik.

It all depends on which players turn up on the day. If Joachim plays the way he did yesterday, he has a good chance. If he plays the way he does when he is nervous, he has 0.1% chance. It also depends on which Taufik turns up, if it's the lazy Taufik that turns up then Joachim will have a good chance, but if it's a fired up Hidayat that shows up in Paris, then Joachim will struggle.

I am looking forward to the match:)

12. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

RE: JP's injury. The problem with a back injury is that you can't simply "put it out of your mind". It affects your flexibility and posture and strength. Reaching up to clear; lunging and recovering; twisting and changing direction ... they are all affected no matter how "tough" you are.

Hopefully he has a good masseur and Physio. We want both players to show us their best.

13. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Yeah Taufik is the favorite in Paris...
    Its like playing in Indonesia for him !

Allez Allez :)

14. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Finally, Taufik Hidayat won his first ever Super Series title, beating Joachim Persson in 21-16, 21-11.

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

yep, Taufik could retire tomorrow, knowing that he has one everything that there is to win in Badminton.:) maybe the only thing that is missing is the AE

16. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    If he can keep playing like this with such determination, he still has a few years left before winning his first ever AE. I've never seen him being so "hungry" since winning AG06.

17. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    He finally made it !!

18. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Yep, his stamina and fitness is amazing, no doubt that he can play the London Games and will end up somewhere on top, it's just a matter if he wants it or not, I wish so, there is nobody who can replace him right now, I don't wanna miss the baddy entertainment he provides all the time if he is motivated

19. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Paris, Taufik's home :)

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Good job, Taufik