KKK & TBH - On The Comeback Trail?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

To answer those..

- Yes, correct. What other match was i commenting abt??
    - Yes, correct.
    - I noticed the opposite when compared to the 1st game; maybe KKK didn't have much chance to play the front/net in the 2nd game thus it seemed KKK made more errors. My point is, when KKK was at the front/net, in that match, the MAS pair did more positives as TBH was able to thrown down his booming & thunderous smashes from the back. Listen also to Gillian Clark's comments also towards the end of the 2nd game and in the 3rd game. She also noticed the same trend.

#1021 ctjcad, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I saw the match also..I agree with Ctjcad that MAS got more points with KKK on the front..TBH is not good at the net...KKK is much much better..as long as KKK can strategize the game plan, TBH gets easier job to do...

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hope everything is crystal clear now..

- I did not specifically mentioned KKK net advantage was glaring in the 2nd game. I meant, the difference from the 1st and 2nd game was glaring esp. when KKK was/wasn't at the front/net.
    - Correct, KKK didn't have much chance to make plays @ the front/net in the 2nd game. At least that's what i observed.
    - No more confusion, i hope.;):cool:

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehehe
    okok,relax relax:)
    clear:)

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

lol, lots of discussion about this pair huh?:D
    Haiya, whatever it is, md is a team with 2 players fighting out there. We can't expect 2 of them to be in their 'best' form everytime;):cool:

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Congrats to them for winning the prestigeous Macau Open 2009.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ouch
    lcw won 4,i guess correct half of them
    but lindan attend ina open:eek:

i re-read again this thread
    badmania,the issue of koo/tan have generate 6165++ posts and 474625++ views
    that is more than lyd thread 2738 posts but the views is lesser(lyd thread have 488431)
    and this is only solely base on pro player thread excluded the tournament thread
    the post koo/tan generate is 3/4 of the combination of korea+denmark sub forum:eek:

9. george@chongwei

yes, and he lost to chen jin 4-21 in dunno which round:D

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Just check the TS lah.....:D:D

11. george@chongwei

got it..its the quarter final;)

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Badminton: Kien Keat humbled by honour

Ajitpal Singh
    ajitpalsingh@nst.com.my
    2010/11/04

WORLD No 1 doubles pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong will be Malaysia's flag bearers in Asian Games opening ceremony in Guangzhou.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong will hoist the national flag and lead the Malaysian contingent at Pearl River on Nov 12.

"This is without a doubt the greatest honour of my sporting life. It will spur me to retain the doubles gold medal in Guangzhou," said Kien Keat, after the flag handing over ceremony at Parliament House in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

"I don't like to say that I will be leading. I am just one of the two guys to walk in first and there will be 335 incredible athletes behind me.

"Hoisting the national flag brings greater responsibility. I must show a good example by doing well. But of course it does not add pressure."

Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who rose to stardom by bagging a surprise gold at the 2006 Doha Asian Games, are confident of retaining their title.

The Malaysian pair, who lost to China's Cai Yun-Hai Feng in the World Championship final and also at the Japan Open, will be out to exact revenge over the World No 9 pair should they meet for the gold medal in Guangzhou.

But to make the final, Kien Keat-Boon Heong will have to overcome several top pairs, including South Korea's Ko Sung Hyun-Yoo Yeon Seong, Taiwan's Fang Chieh Min-Lee Sheng Mu, Indonesia's Mohd Ahsan-Alven Yulianto and China's Guo Zhengdong-Xu Chen.

"My priority is to give my best. Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng are in the other half of the draw but it does not mean our route to the final is going to be easy.

"We cannot take our opponents lightly especially Guo Zhengdong-Xu Chen, who we will likely meet in the semi-finals," said Kien Keat, who won three gold medals at last month's New Delhi Commonwealth Games.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/62ajitbearers-2/Article/art_print

Since the other flag bearer news is in downhill thread, let this one be here, lol.
    Seems the decision makers decided TBH must also be in, cannot separate from partner. :p
    How does it work that 2 person become the flag bearer? One carry the flag half way, the 2nd the other half? Or KKK carry the flag, TBH hold it up/wave it around at certain points, wakaka.

13. eaglehelang

14. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

Wow...easy pickings, better than winning 3 SS tournaments, still can go for another CWG 2014 in...errr???What is the venue for the CWG?

15. eaglehelang

16. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I am a little upset by this. We ain't exactly a pushover in commonwealth you know. I am sure our friends from India will not be too happy when they read this. Easy pickings, excuse me?

17. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    sometmes we being human, tends to be carried away without realizing what we have said even though we mean no harm

but its good you pointed it out even though i think the poster is just overwhelmed

to see the big amount!

18. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Kien Keat, Boon Heong hungry to end chase for the big one

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: National doubles shuttlers Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong are all ready to end their elusive chase for a major title this year at the Asian Games in Guangzhou.
    They are the most successful pair in the country but have yet to win a major crown this year.
    They came close at the World Championships in Paris in August but lost to Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng of China in the final.
    Kien Keat said it was “time for us to nail a big one”.
    “Boon Heong and I are now focused on winning all the majors. We are not going to look at smaller tournaments anymore,” said Kien Keat.
    [​IMG]
    Pair on a mission: Koo Kien Keat (right) and Tan Boon Heong have yet to win a major title this year.
    “It will be all about making history and creating records ... so I am really taking this Asian Games seriously.”
    If Kien Keat-Boon Heong can defend the Asian Games gold, they will be the second Malaysian pair to do so. Tan Yee Khan-Ng Boon Bee won the gold medal at the 1962 Jakarta Games and 1966 Bangkok Games.
    In fact, Boon Bee is Malaysia most successful player in the series as he went on to win the men’s doubles gold in his third consecutive Asiad at the 1970 Bangkok Games with Punch Gunalan.
    Kien Keat, who won three gold medals at last month’s Commonwealth Games in India, said they were prepared mentally and physically. “The only problem with Boon Heong and I is that we are slow starters and sometimes our opponents take advantage of this,” he said.
    “We did not take part in the last two tournaments in Denmark and France.
    “Boon Heong and I need regular competitions to keep us on our toes. Hopefully, we will be on guard.”
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong will be Malaysia’s flag bearers for the first time but said it would not put any undue pressure on them.
    “In fact, we hope to be good role models for the whole Malaysian contingent. Hopefully, our determination to bring glory to the country will also inspire others in the team,” said Kien Keat.
    Asked about their challengers in the Asiad, Kien Keat said: “For now, our main challengers are Cai Yun-Haifeng but we will not underestimate others, like Markis Kido-Hendra Gunawan of Indonesia and South Koreans Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung, although they have not been playing well lately.”
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong, however, will have to be wary of South Korean darkhorses Ko Sung-hyun-Yoo Yeon-seong. The pairs are likely to meet in the quarter-finals.
    The others in the Malay­sians’ half are Taiwan’s Fang Chieh-min-Lee Sheng-mu, China’s Guo Zhengdong-Xu Chen and Indonesia’s Mohd Ahsan-Alven Yulianto.
    The fight will be more intense in the lower half of the draw, which includes second seeds Markis-Hendra, Jae-sung-Yong-dae and Cai Yun-Haifeng.
    Malaysia’s second pair of Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong will probably face Markis-Hendra in the second round. But first, they must get past Japan’s Hiroyuki Endo-Kenichi Hayakawa.

19. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    i thought someone did say CWG is a major?
    anyway thats the cruel fact, even if you win the silver medal in WC
    people still think is not good enough as people only remember winner and not second place...