2010 Commonwealth Games - Individual Events, Oct 11 to 14

Discussion in 'Commonwealth Games 2010 - Badminton' started by eaglehelang, Oct 8, 2010.

1. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Nobody mentioned this but I think the aussie pair that won the bronze medal over the higher ranked English pair is an achievement. I was surprised that the 2 aunties (unknown to me till this CWG) cud pull the rug off the more fancied pairs.
    Having said that I was expecting more from CEH/WKW but too bad they had to meet the eventual Gold medalist in the QFs.

BTW NR is playing so badly issit becos he is missing Gail Emms??

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No need to wait so long lah. AG is around the corner. Hope you can win as many medals as in the CWG.

3. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Read on newspaper that the WD match was marred by controversies... what actually happened?

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Young man you think you can say anything you like and escape scot-free. You should remind yourself to control your own emotions. You're not getting any younger.

What I'm talking about 2nd class citizen is not bull, only you think otherwise maybe because you belong to the 'son of the soil' class. While MAS non-bumi shuttlers played their hearts out to get the golds, in the end they are still treated 2nd-class, their children will still be treated 2nd-class.

Our foreign talents gave up their past and became Singapore citizens to be treated equally and enjoy all the privileges and opportunities which many of them never had before. They honour their new home with gold, silver and bronze medals at this CWG and other games and will be given their just rewards. They even beat the best in table tennis to become world champions. Only the sour grapes will try to embarass them and Spore with useless remarks.

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    it takes 2 to dance... emms was his perfect partner... cant find another emms in england though

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

mr loh your statements are insidious and inappropriate. .... you are not malaysian, so please screw off, and talk about that somewhere else

7. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

congratulation to MAS for their achievement in commonwealth games 2010

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    At 18-18 in game 2, Shinta Mulia Sari raised her hand to indicate "not ready" while Gutta was serving. Problem is, Sari made the mistake of moving her feet before the shuttle dropped to the floor. In this case, the English umpire ruled that the rally was in play and a point given to India.

This was roughly similar to a LCW vs Chen Long match at last year's India Open, reported by avataar. Chen Long served while LCW was holding the "not ready" signal. But LCW made the mistake of tapping the shuttle slightly and the point was given to Chen Long.

Moral of story, indicate with your arm and do not move until shuttle drops for a "let" to be given.

9. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Entertaining Badminton

Congrats to Malaysia and India for winning titles. Well done to all others.
    Thanks for all players for coming to India and letting fans enjoy the game.

I watched matches on court and on TV and they were fantastic.
    BTW a few things, not worth reporting anywhere, but interesting enough to be told here-
    a) During one match between LCW and (sorry don't recall the name), people cheered LCW by calling him Taufik. LCW had a look of WTF on his face....
    b) In first round match between a Jamaican and a Canadian player, judges forgot the score during the loo break. Score was 11-10 for Jamaican and judge announced 9-10. It took both players, the side judge and hooting public to convince refree that he was wrong. Oh, that embarassing look after wards.
    c) Most funny I found - One of my friend told me - While all fans were watching the WS final, an Indian woman was busy describing how to tie a pony tail like WMC to her daughters.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

"C" wins :D:D
    ----------------

11. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    It would've been much sweeter for Malaysia had Wong Mew Choo converted her only match point against Saina Nehwal.

12. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Do you mean people were calling LCW, Taufik while he had his name the back ??!?

13. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Yes sir. That happened in front of my eyes. Funny, isn't it. People here still associate, badminton with Indonesia only. May be now they will remember who is the top rnaked player :D

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Thanks... I didn't watch this match... based on your descriptions, there were NO controversies at all...

Honestly, I salute the linesmen for their highest quality of line calls... so far (as far as I know), there was no "dirty" calls... kudos to the Indian linesmen... congrats :)

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

thanks for sharing... just curious, those Indian badminton fans do not know who is LCW? hmm...

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    What is so inappropriate when you guys initiated insidious statements about our citizens. You can screw yourself off.

17. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    There were many people who were watching a game in stadium, many watching badminton for the first time. Not everybody is a badminton fan. Yes, there were few who don't know LCW, and there were many who were asking who Saina is ? :p LCW took this in his stride as any great player should. He knew fans are cheering for him without knowing his name. You get all kind of people. And that is why I reported this incident here. But please note that does not mean all fans there were ignorant.;)
    BTW, I don't know who the best player of rugby or lawn bowls are. Yet, I went and watched those games.:eek:

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

thanks for sharing... simply lovely... I am suprised that there are Indian fans who do not know Saina... anyway, great win for her...

hey, another thing I read on the newspaper... is it true that the ticket is expensive for the locals? how much does it cost for a badminton ticket?

19. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

'you guys' ? i did not say anything about singaporeans so, be careful mr loh ... please address the specific poster not the whole country or the whole people..

20. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Salute, you are a true sports fan !! Haha, same here.;) After watching a couple of matches,then only I managed to figure out the scoring system for lawn bowls! Too bad MAS didnt win any gold medal this time round.:crying: