Venues in Madrid (Spain)

Discussion in 'Europe' started by BowMike53, Feb 24, 2007.

1. lynchem

lynchem Regular Member

2. lynchem

lynchem Regular Member

3. lynchem

lynchem Regular Member

4. bikesub

bikesub New Member

Places to play in Madrid

Hi everyone,
    I am a local that had not played for several years and have recently started again. Unfortunately an ankle sprain is keeping me out of court for some weeks, but will be back soon.
    I know there are several places to play, like Pradillo, Tres Cantos (where I live but I can't leave the office on time for their schedule) and Chamartin, which is where I play, in polideportivo Estación de Hortaleza (located next to the M40, close to Campo de las Naciones area, not sure how to get the by public transportation but there must be metro or buses.
    Chamartin Badminton Club has two groups:
    Medium / Advanced, in which you can choose Monday and/or Wednesday from 20.00 to 22.00
    Begginers, Fridays from 18.00 to 20.00
    I post the link where you can download the registration information if you are interested.
    Better to contact them to make sure there are available spots, not sure about that. In my group they can host up to 32 players (8 courts) and we do 1 hour training and 1 hour playing.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    http://www.clubbadcham.com/

5. baddictchris

baddictchris Regular Member

please advice me if you find any courts in madrid so i could join too. tnx

6. webolution

webolution Regular Member

Hello Jon,
    good to meet you. There are quite a number of clubs in Madrid where you can play, but you have to join their teams. You find more information under www.fembad.com (the badminton federation of Madrid). For renting courts, I only found 1 place where they have 3 courts to rent, it is in: http://www.madrid.es/portales/munim...nnel=8db7566813946010VgnVCM100000dc0ca8c0RCRD

I am playing 2-3 times a week in Leganes - if you want to join me for one session to try out we can arrange for Monday next week for example.
    Send me a Private Message and we can arrange.

Bye

7. bikesub

bikesub New Member

Venues in Madrid

I train & play twice a week (Mon -Wed from 20.00 to 22.00) in Polideportivo de Hortaleza. Takes fifteen minutes from Alcobendas (I work there).

You can fin all the info (in Spanish though) in the Club's webpage www.clubbadcham.com or email them at info@clubbadcham.com

Hope you can find it useful.

Bikesub

8. baddictchris

Alerin,

My name is Chris and new in Spain. May i join You and your friends when you play? Please let me know if i could.

Many Thanks

9. baddictchris

i'm hoping you guys are still hitting birds as i wish too join you soon. i just came to spain last september (Fr. Philippines) and want to have badminton buddies here. please pm me or send me details by mail kuyachris1109@yahoo.com or at +34 67 825 58 34.

Many Thanks,

Chris

10. baddictchris

Hope Mr Andy (webolution) could read this post so he can all help us with our concern since we are looking for places to play and groups to join. I live in central Madrid ( Arguelles) area. I could help in training as well.

Chris

11. fchaboud

fchaboud Regular Member

Hello !
    I will be at Madrid for my job next week. Do you know where i could play just for one evening ? I will be in a hotel not far from the airport, but the Underground is 500m far from the hotel.
    Thanks !!!
    Flavie

12. BadYankee

BadYankee Regular Member

hiker
    Guess this thread is much better to inquire and find Badminton Clubs on the Island of Ibiza, Spanish Territory at the Mediterranean? Had asked my several Spanish friends overseas and most were unaware of the Island. Must be the Brandy, Tequilas, Mompos and other Alcoholic Beverages "effects" in the Parties, he he.

13. ALERIN

ALERIN Regular Member

Try to look in facebook the following clubs.

Club badminton Pitius
    Club badminton Ibiza

these are the main two ones on Ibiza but i'm sure there will be others.

Or just email to

FEDERACIÓN BALEAR DE BÁDMINTON
    C/ Sant Josep, 18 - 1º 1ª
    07730 Alaior- MENORCA
    Presidente: Francisco de Haro

febab@badmintonbalear.com

Cheers

14. ianjc

ianjc New Member

Badminton Polideportivo Pradillo

Hello, my name is Ian, I'm beginner level, and I'm looking for people to play with at Polideportivo Pradillo on week-ends. If you're interested, post here or message me to arrange times to play.

15. luxinh

luxinh Regular Member

Hey, I am a badminton fan from Beijing who found your email address at Badminton Central.

I am running Eagle Badminton Club in Beijing. You can check http://home.ttymq.com/space-mtag-tagid-731.html for the details

I will be heading for Spain for a conference in Vigo in early November. Perhaps I'd be able to stay in Madrid for a day on Nov 10 Saturday.

If you are still in Spain, it would be good play a game with you there. And if not, I wonder if you could introduce me to a local club or a badminton friend who can speak English so that I can make a contact to play a game.

16. Mahmood

Mahmood New Member

Engineer
    Badminton in Madrid

Hi Andy,

I am also interested in playing badminton in Madrid.

So please let me know if you have already organized a group or you are going to do it.

Many Thanks,
    Mahmood

17. nitelamp

nitelamp Regular Member

Dear,

I've just arrived in Las Tablas, Madrid from China. I'm an advanced player and would like to find a club to play. I've emailed the emailbox you mentioned below however no response. Kindly inform me if there is a local/cellphone number I can call to join this Chamartin club? Or could you help me to apply for the position? I can speak English but not Spanish. My mobile:693954633. email: nitelamp@qq.com

Thanks alot!

James

18. nitelamp

nitelamp Regular Member

Dear,

I've just arrived in Las Tablas, Madrid from China. I'm an advanced player and would like to find a club to play. I've emailed the Chamartin club emailbox however no response. Kindly inform me if there is a local/cellphone number I can call to join this Chamartin club? Or could you help me to apply for the position? Or kindly advise if there is other club near Las Tablas better with high level player? I can speak English but not Spanish. My mobile:693954633. email: nitelamp@qq.com

Thanks alot!

James

#38 nitelamp, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  19. jj240053

jj240053 Regular Member

Hi, I will be arriving in Madrid April 18th to the 20th, I was wondering if there would be a gracious host to find a competitive place for me to play, I am an advanced player.

Regards,

Jason

20. JavierdePC

JavierdePC New Member

Own business
    Hello, I see no recent posts, but I will give a try:

I would like to play in Madrid with someone beginner-intermediate and catch up with shape and techniques.

I am looking to play once or twice a week and have a good time in Madrid.

Saludos,

Javier
    (644 039485/private message)