elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

MEN'S ELITE -- Singles: Lee Chong Wei, Hafiz Hashim, Tan Chun Seang, Chong Wei Feng, Liew Daren, Lok Chong Chieh, Chan Kwong Beng, Lim Fang Yang (two players to be dropped).

Coordinator-cum-coach: Rashid Sidek; Coach: Misbun Sidek.

Doubles -- Players: Koo Kien-Tan Boon Heong, Zakry Latif-Fairuzizuan Tazari, Hoon Thein Hock-Ong Soon Hock, Lufti Zaim-Vountus Indra Mawan, Razif Latif (one player to be dropped).

Coordinator-cum-coach: Rexy Mainaky; Coach Rosman Razak.

BACK-UP -- Singles: Arif Latif, Kuan Kam Chung, Goh Soon Huat, Iskandar Zulkarnain, Syawal Ismail, Misbun Ramdan, Wong Kin Yik, Loh Wei Sheng, Lim Yu Sheng, Tew Gee Chong, Tan Kah Zhan, Zairul Annuar Zainudin (additional four players).

Coordinator-cum-coach: Wong Tat Meng; Coach: Woon Sze Mei.

Doubles: Chan Peng Soon, Lim Khim Wah, Goh Wei Shem, Ong Jian Guo, Tan Wee Kiong, Mak Hee Chun, Teo Kok Siang, Chooi Kah Ming, Pang Zhen Lin, Goh Jian Hao, Law Win Hwi, Ow Yao Han, Yew Hong Kheng, Goh Sze Onn, Tan Wee Tat (additional four players).

Coordinator-cum-coach: Tan Kim Her; Coaches: Chang Kim Wai and Chong Kien Ling.

WOMEN'S ELITE -- Singles: Wong Mew Choo, Julia Wong, Lydia Cheah, Sannatasah Saniru, Tee Jing Yi, Florah Ng, Ng Sin Er, Nurhani Abd Aziz (additional four players).

Doubles: Wong Pei Tty, Chin Eei Hui, Ng Paou Leng, Sabrina Chong, Woon Khe Wei, Goh Liu Ying, Lim Yin Loo, Nairul Suhada Latif, Ng Hui Lin (part time), Vivian Hoo, Ng Hui Ern (part time), Lai Pei Jing (additional four players).

Coordinator: Pang Cheh Chang; Coach: Jeremy Gan (also incharge of mixed doubles).

#421 eaglehelang, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i had posted the list in bam news thread

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I don't think Liew Daren will be dropped seeing that he beat P. Kashyap. I think Lok Chong Chieh will be dropped, and maybe Chong Wei Feng :( Or perhaps Lim Fang Yang.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I dont think this LFY shd included in Elite team.....

5. undeadshot

I don't know who is he... what age..etc.
    If he is older than 21, by all means drop him.

6. eaglehelang

Yeah, I know, just posted it again here so that easier to see & discuss.

LFY is 21, same batch with Arif. If he is listed as elite, dangerous also, as it could mean he might be dropped. Elite here doesnt seem to mean elite, just follow who is their coach.

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Does LFY showed any results before ??

8. undeadshot

Have you really heard of him beating anyone besides Chong Wei Feng before??

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Peng Soon wants good results from world meet as wedding gift

Peng Soon is one of the most successful back-up shuttlers in the national team.

He became the first Malaysian to win the mixed doubles title with Liu Ying at the Asian Badminton Championships in India in April.

Last year, he won his first men’s Open doubles title with Lim Khim Wah at the Thailand Open.
    The soft-spoken shuttler hopes to make an impression in his second world meet.

“I will be getting married after the world meet.

“It will be nice if I can achieve good results. It will be a nice gift for my wife. For now, this will be an extra motivation,” said Peng Soon.

His bride-to-be is a singer with the group “Da Monster”, an up-and-coming band which is quite well known among the Chinese community here.

Peng Soon believes that there is a good chance for him and Liu Ying to reach at least the quarter-finals if they take their chances well.

“This is our second world meet together and we are more matured and experienced. No one has given us a ghost of a chance to go far as we are considered green horns among the more established mixed doubles pairs,” he said.

“But we will try to change that perception. At the same time, we do not want to put too much pressure on ourselves. We tend to be a letdown when there is too much expectation on us.”

The duo will face Belgians Jonathan Gills-Severine Carvilain in the opening round. If they win, they will take on either ninth seed D. Viju-Jwala Gutta of India or England’s Chris Adcock-Gabrille White.

If they make it to the third round, they will most likely face third seeds Robert Mateusiak-Nadieza Kostiuczyk of Poland – and this is where the biggest test awaits them.

“We have not met all these pairs. They are quite experienced but we have nothing to lose,” said Peng Soon before leaving for Bath University yesterday.

“We tend to bring out the best in each of us because we enjoy the game. We hope to go into every match with the same approach.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/13/sports/6846530&sec=sports

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It will be nice seeing V. Diju/Jwala Gutta and Robert Mateusiak/Nadiezda Kostiuczyk being beaten by Chan/Goh. Nova/Butet tend to have problems beating those 2 pairs :)

11. undeadshot

Wow, CPS is 22 and already going to be married! :eek: :eek: :eek:

12. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

13. undeadshot

Well, hopefully both of them won't be too busy with their careers for each other!
    All the best in their marriage, hopefully it will be eternal bliss. (Too much to ask? :p)

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Cheah can start her rise by a good showing at world meet

”Lydia has the talent but her performances are often bugged by injuries. She was carrying a back injury for some time but so far, everything is looking good for her and physically, she is in better shape,” said Rashid in a telephone interview from England yesterday.

Lydia and all the shuttlers for the world championship except for Lee Chong Wei are now in training at the Bath University.

“Due to injuries, sometimes the coaches are fearful of pushing the players to the limit in training. Fortunately for Lydia, she is in good condition ahead of the world championships. In fact, she has been going all out in training here,” said Rashid.

“We are hoping for Lydia to take over as the country’s top singles shuttler next year, at least in her fourth year as a senior player.

“So far, there has been one or two good results. Hopefully, she will be able to carry herself well in the world championships. The draw is tough and it will be a great satisfaction for us if she can score at least one big win.”

The 2009 Copenhagen Masters runners-up has a first-round bye but has a tough encounter against Germany’s Juliane Schenk in the second round.

If she makes it, she should have a third-round match against either 14th seed Bae Seung-hee of South Korea or Taiwanese Cheng Shao-chieh.

“Juliane also has a first-round bye and she is one of the few European players, who has beaten top Chinese shuttlers,” said Rashid.

“It will be a tall order for Lydia when they meet in the second round. But I hope Lydia will be able to make it a memorable event for her.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/16/sports/6862447&sec=sports
    at least now they know who to focus
    lol hopefully wd too switch the focus

Kim Her hoping his top two pairs will return from England with new dreams

“I hope that our men’s back-up doubles shuttlers will benefit from sparring with Kien Keat-Boon Heong. Besides providing quality sparring, I also hope the experience will instil the desire in them to be like Kien Keat-Boon Heong,” said Kim Her.

“Except for Peng Soon, the others are still waiting for the big breaks. They have not featured in major tournaments like the world championships or Olympics yet.”

Peng Soon has qualified for the world championships in the mixed doubles partnering Goh Liu Ying but it will be a tall order for the youngsters to go far.

Kim Her, who will officially take over as the coordinator of the men’s back-up doubles programme in September, said that he had big plans for his back-up squad.

Besides Hee Chun-Wee Kiong and Peng Soon-Khim Wah, the others pairs under his charge are Goh Wei Shem-Teo Kok Siang, world junior champions Ow Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng, Chooi Kah Ming-Pang Zheng Lin, Goh Sze Onn-Tan Wee Tat.

Kim Her said that he would give equal opportunities for Hee Chun-Wee Kiong, Peng Soon-Khim Wah and Wei Shem-Kok Siang by sending them out for equal number of competitions when the London Olympics qualification begins in May next year.

“I want them to help each other during the Olympic qualification. It is not about competition among them. I want these top three pairs to train hard and support each other and my promise to them is that I will give them equal treatment,” said Kim Her.

“In order to qualify for the next world championships, I am also working on improving their world ranking.”

Currently, Hee Chun-Wee Kiong are ranked 47th in the world followed by Peng Soon-Khim Wah (53rd) and Wei Shem-Kok Siang (71st).

As for the second group – Yao Han-Hong Kheng, Kah Ming-Zheng Lin and Wee Tat-Sze Onn – Kim Her hopes to strengthen their game by focusing more on their training at home.

“Discipline and commitment in training are important for me. I also want all the players to be comfortable with each other,” said Kim Her.

“They must have the right attitude in training. There are two batches under my –are - the old and new group from Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS). I expect them to respect each other. Badminton is not only about results but it is also a platform to educate them to be better people.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/16/sports/6862713&sec=sports

all the best!

16. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

Apparently, after announcing the reshuffle of the coaches in the national team, it's time to axe the under-performing players. Some foreign coaches are in catch-22 situation, to fight for the players who are bound to be set or to protect themselves first. Letters had been given and these players were in daze of what to do next; what future lies ahead of them. That's the cruel fate of a badminton player. There were 2 back-up player whose name being listed in the elite squad (with a blanket 2 will be dropped) last month when BAM announce the new coaching setup. The 2 players never spar or being send for any tournament under the elite squad until last week when they received a letter informing them they are being dropped. So, the question is why promote them to elite squad only to axe them in less than a month? Of course, these 2 players have better results compare to some of the backup players who remained in the backup squad. Is it fair for them? The argument is that it will be hard to axe them in the backup squad as there are players who are not performing any better than them. But if they are being put in the elite squad, both will be the weakest in squad. Public will think these two were underperforming under the elite squad and deserve to be axe , which is untrue. IMPO, If BAM want to set them, just do it in a straight forward manner out of respect for these players for they have rights and pride. In addition, they are barely 21yrs old. Do they deserve a second chance compare to HH who had almost reached the end of his career in badminton. BAM spend so much time and money grooming these players but at the end of the day, axe them before they are 21. Stupid!

17. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Executive decision by new 'management'.

These are suppose to be the saviours we have been asking for to 'clean up' BAM.

Are they cleaning up the right section???

Or is this another case Life immitating Fiction of the Malaysian Row Boat Fiasco Joke?

18. eaglehelang

Lok CC(22), Razif Latif(24) I expected. Didnt even know Wong King Yik is in BAM.
    But pity Lim Fang Yang(21), he didnt even get much chance to prove himself. Thought it would be Liew Daren

#438 eaglehelang, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Gotta agree with you!:). well said..

20. undeadshot