DJARUM INDONESIA SUPER SERIES 2010 - Finals - June 27

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2010' started by kuwichert, Jun 26, 2010.

1. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Come on. Badminton is more like a sprint while Tennis is relatively more to a long range running.

2. majyun

majyun Regular Member

In case you don't know, the tennis match lasted for 2 days(so those players get to sleep in between) and you get to rest for more than 2 minutes(way more than badminton interval and after each match) after each set is finished.

11 hours includes the rest time in it. And badminton players train at least 6 hours per day, I hope you will not silly enough to challenge badminton players for their stamina to play a 11 hours tennis match(across the period of 2 days), granted they will not be so skillful in technique.

#182 majyun, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  3. copadh

copadh Regular Member

Even without CHN squad and JJS/LYD, another title-less for the host. Combine it with TUC result, this is the last warning for PBSI and INA badminton. Come on, wake up!!

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, i dont see a bench at the court side for players to sit and rest,....no badminton player eat bananas during the match.

Its different kind of sport.

5. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Yup. Tennis got more money price because of its more popular and more world wide. Not because the length of the game.

6. copadh

copadh Regular Member

actually, it's last for 3 days :). both players got two nights rest, and more than 200 points come from one strike only (a.k.a service aces). Not much rallies in it, for sure. I bet TH, LCW, and any top players could stand more than 200 points from services without rallies. Just service.

#186 copadh, Jun 27, 2010
  7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Tough loss for Taufik... and LCW's ability to withstand bad line calls has been shown in the first game where he came back from 18-19 to win 3 points in a row. Tough one for the Indonesians there too...I really feel for them. I was supporting Hendra/Russikh but... better luck next year. There might be one or two bad opens, but hopefully the next one will be a big success for Indonesia. And hopefully a new name for INA on the podium too.

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

A very even spread of titles.........

MAS 1, Tpe 1, India 1, Kor 1 and Pol 1.....

And LCW and Saina managed to defends their title here.

#188 jasonmarc, Jun 27, 2010
  9. naistav

naistav Regular Member

It wouldn't be the last warning, there will be another :p

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Hope to see more of this in badminton. :) But I fear the time when China comes back. When China is gone, this can happen. :)

11. majyun

majyun Regular Member

I guess some people(like the guy posted above), has all the time in the world to watch a tennis game that last for 11 hours. Wonder what the spectators do for a living?

And tennis players get to rest, eat bananas, relax and sit in between the intervals under the warm sun. Sound more like those backyard badminton you play at home.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Malaysia only have LCW. What if he is not around... Malaysia need a wake up too..

13. copadh

copadh Regular Member

Another time will be disaster :p Sounds like this warning will stay for 2-3 years from now :D

14. ianmaster

ianmaster Regular Member

11 hours eh? What a match!
    So I wonder why most of richest athletes in the world come from football/soccer players that only 90 minute lasting time? pls answer me :)

15. copadh

copadh Regular Member

Pretty much like SO result. Something that only be happened without CHN squad around :)

16. copadh

copadh Regular Member

yeah, CHN is the only badminton powerhouse who isn't struggle lately. Good to see new champions from new countries, but it's quite sad for INA and MAS fans...

17. majyun

majyun Regular Member

My bad. Looks like I need more research next time :):). It's kinda silly that someone try to compare tennis to badminton but I do agree that badminton need more promotion to make it popular. Will be great if the BWF can provide some decent live streming service for all other super series(not just from some betting sites...).

I think Indonesia has a lot of potential young players, it's just that they didn't get enough exposure in the international tournaments. I think the juniors in Indonesia are doing well in AJC and WJC. If those youngsters get to play more, I think they can shine a few year later.

18. copadh

copadh Regular Member

Hahaha, no problem.
    Could not agree more.

19. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Oh come on... did you actually see that? Three days of play, and for most of day two you could hardly say John Isner had actually "lasted" that long. Any rally he got into he could hardly move even a few steps, and his serve speed had gone down by about 25%. He was lucky it was still enough to win his service games... He honestly looked like he was about to collapse at any moment. It was a great effort from both of them, but don't try and tell me they lasted 11 hours straight without running out of gas. Unfortunately in badminton you can't rely on your big serves to keep you in the game.

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

11 hours over 2 or 3 days I think. The other way to see is cos tennis players got paid much more, that's why they can (& get the best help to) last longer.

Badminton game is much faster. I cant imagine players can keep running all over the court, jumping, diving,etc for more than 1.5 hours straight(with 9 min break in between).

#200 eaglehelang, Jun 27, 2010