My God I am speechless.

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by badders2006, May 14, 2010.

1. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

LD was young in 04-06, but LCW now??

if LCW just started to play like that time LD only now, too late la...

2. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

LD was just toying around him...

remember what LD said afterwards? "it is wrong for Park that he always just want to beat LD, he should learn more to beat everyone if he really want to be a top player..."

3. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

i'm speechless ..
    because of KOREA UBER TEAM..:cool::cool:

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yea,it's not possible.It's just a phrase,if the other countries responsible people were even care of how to improve n be better than china,not just to catch up.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    no one can beat lindan consecutively
    not even lcw
    its obvious;)

6. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    If LD really wanna toying him around,y not he just defeat him like the way he beat LCW n TH??I don't think LD will waste his time to play wit Park if he can beat him easily..:cool:

He juz don wan to admit it..park is not a top player which he is not a threat to other players like Gade,TH n LCW..but his techniques n the way he plays can restrain LD..

7. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    Pressure ??? i seriously doubt so...

i mentioned time and time agian.. repeat here... Bam merit system has to be done away with..

m'sian players go for ranking... that's all.. world no.1...then they'll get more allowances for getting higher ranks.

but when it comes to 'crunch' time.. they can't perform.. cos, they just can't perform !! not up to the mark..

look at other countries players... do we see 'pro' ( real pro ) play in say, Vietnam open ? New Zealand Open ????????????????????????:eek::eek:

but m'sian players did...

try to jog up memories and stats from IBF can show this. LCW is no.1 by virtues of 'number' of tournaments he played- of cos when he's facing standard 2 palyers,he can afford to close one , or even two eyes..and tie both his legs . compare that to LD.

pro-rate the points/tourney and you'll see what i mean..

Rank Country Player Member ID Points Tournaments
    1 MAS Chong Wei LEE 50152 81791.06 13
    2 CHN Dan LIN 5090 71424.58 9

AND LOOK AT THIS TOO..

Rank Country Player Member ID Points Tournaments
    1 MAS
    MAS
    Kien Keat KOO
    Boon Heong TAN
    77539.26 14
    2 KOR
    KOR
    Jae Sung JUNG
    Yong Dae LEE
    69917.47 11
    3 INA
    INA
    Markis KIDO
    Hendra SETIAWAN
    64108.79 10
    4 DEN
    DEN
    Mathias BOE
    Carsten MOGENSEN
    62383.42 12

even I CAN BE NO.1 , BY GOING TO EVERY DAMM TOURNAMENT AND COLLECTS POINTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#67 T-maker, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I get this feeling that LinDan has reached a point at his age and after his

achievements similar to that of Zhao Jian Hua in 1992 and Yang Yang in 1990.

I think it is very difficult for him to peak and he has to be selective about

participation. We have seen him at his best in Thomas Cup but can he repeat

it this year or even 1-2 years later?

Just listen to some of his negative messages in his Karaoke songs on youtube

and it seems history is repeating itself in the form of Zhao and Yang Yang.

The old bones are starting to creak like Taufik,Gade and Wong Choon Han.

I hope he doesn't spend his end of his career getting thrashed by upcomers just like Hartono, Liem Swie King or Zhao Jian Hua and knows when to quit when he is ahead and be remembered at his best.

Sorry to demoralise LD fans, but it is a possibility.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Guess we will have to wait to see LD in 1-2 years time. IMO, LD is still the bankable player that CHN can count on to deliver where the tourney counts e.g. TC, AG, WC and OLY. LD is selective, I agree with you, to extend the mileage in his legs and not worn out his body and those 6-packs:p:D But the real reason is his goal is towards more WCs, AEs and that missing AG gold and one more OLY12 gold which will certainly put him in a class all on by himself. With the competition out there, the best the rest of the world can put up is LCW for now, that should be enough motivation for LD to keep playing till 2012, that gold is looking good...then who knows what happens in 2012, maybe badminton will be played in South Africa;)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u might end up in not even as wr 200;)
    u need to advance to atleast all semi final in 10 super series in order to be world number 1
    can u?
    u might not even able to beat most of the bcer(who around ur age and same gender,or can u even beat suetyan?) here;)

dont talk big
    think 1st:rolleyes:

11. kimmeng

kimmeng New Member

technician
    LCW loss to LD mainly because of 'wrong' strategy.
    Before the Thomas cup, local newspaper mentioned that LCW has new secrect weapon for LD, but it didn't specified what exactly the tatics it is.
    If you watch the game LCW VS Tago, it obvious LCW play a very much deceptive game than usual, i suspect LCW trained hard for this occasion just to beat LD.
    Like Gade, deceptive play can take off few points off LD, but not always.
    During the game, LCW try to play as much deceptive as possible, but LD's speed was
    too fast for him to apply deceptive play, he was loss as how to play his usual game.

It is wrong just to train hard for a particular player.

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Well said. LD has to play his best to defeat LCW. But does LCW have to play his best to take out LD?

13. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

Well, I'm sure that at least one or two of LCW's wins over LD have been a result of LD just not turning up for the occasion - Swiss Open is a good example where LD is likely to struggle to reach his top gears. So in this instance, you could argue that LCW didn't have to max out his game to beat LD. The one result I cannot fathom is LCW's most recent win over LD at the Malaysian Open, where LD had match point and LCW won something like 6/7 points in a row to win the rubber set. It is sooo not like LD to bottle it (sure LCW may have raised his game but noone drops that many points in a row unless mentally they have lost it to some extent).

As to LCW losing to due "wrong" strategy, I think this is total nonsense. I mean, is there a "right" strategy to beat LD? If LD plays to the best of his ability (like he did here) I would suggest that there is no "right strategy" - whatever game you adopt, LD will always be a shot ahead.

It's interesting to note what Misbun had to say about the match:

“Lin Dan finesse and great anticipation in the game caught Chong Wei by surprise. It is not about Chong Wei not playing well. It was about Lin Dan raising his game a notch higher,”

“He played so well that Chong Wei was not able to bring out his strong points. Chong Wei panicked while Lin Dan continued to provoke him with brilliant shots.

“Chong Wei without his smashes is not Chong Wei. And that is exactly what Lin Dan did - broke Chong Wei's rhythm from the start. He also anticipated well at the net too. It was an extraordinary performance from Lin Dan.”

Note that Misbun mentioned anticipation twice in this statement. This is the part of LD's game that wow'ed me most and compelled me to start this thread. If you watch LD's movement carefully, there are numerous moments when he is already getting into position to hit the winning shot before LCW has even hit the shuttle. You see many anticipated net kills, but LD also made countless winners by intercepting LCW drives and clears.

By the second set, LD had reached a level where LCW had become LD's puppet and it was merely a case of allowing nature to take its course :)

#73 badders2006, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if u read post #1 and other comments, LD was showboating. lol

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you see, the right strategy to beat lin dan is being stored in the great mind of master tactican pjswift and guru pbmM but they forgot the password to unlock it. I feel sorry for their daily torment and constant agony. We must excuse their occasional delusional outburst.

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Still #1 in my book

Give Chong Wei a break, Lin Dan rise on the occasion while Chong Wei failed to counter. This is only one tournament!
    The only thing I am disappointed about Chong Wei was inability to change while thing didn't go according to plan, veteran player should not have this type of lapses.
    Chong Wei still is an excellent player and should be able to capture his next big titles like World Championship and Asian Games. We all doubted him before he won the prestigious All England so have faith and continue to give him full support. As long as Chong Wei is trying his best, that's all we can ask and leave the rest on the court to fight it out whoever he is going to face.

17. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    aw...come on... he's a BIG BIG FLOP.... that's coming from his fellow countryman..

i said it many times... look at his world ranking achievement versus 'major' titles.

what has he got ?? look at his ranking in IBF ... check the nos of tourney he wnet into..

and of cos,since many 'strong' players skip many tourneys, he obviously won hands...and legs down... even can close both his eyes..

bah ....

18. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    LOL !!! that's a good one... i didn't think of that !! :D:D

19. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

On the contrary, it seems you are the one who is expecting too much from LCW. LCW didn't suffer from a lapse - read what Misbun said - LCW was not allowed to play his game.

You're disappointed LCW couldn't adjust when things didn't go according to plan. So what in your opinion do you think LCW could have done differently? Play the non-percentage shots to shorten the rallies and thus increase the risk of UEs? Even when LCW made the non-percentage shots, LD was a brick wall. Again read what Misbun had to say.

I think you are the one who needs to give LCW a break!

For the record, I think LCW is a beast of a player. Lightning quick, brick wall defence, and plays with a swagger and confidence on court that is only surpassed by one other player on this planet.

20. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    LD only show his class in 'important' and major tourney.. AE ?? he's got it a few times already... afterall,he wants to help BCL get points ,hence losing to him.

and after that ? Swiss open, he just 'warm' up for match fitness and environment..also to throw so-called 'much-improved' with a STUPID new SECRET WEAPON LCW of guard.

look at the difference in LD style and aggression in these 3 tourneys.