2010 Uber Cup Final - Day 7, Saturday May 15th

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by simonlovers, May 14, 2010.

1. ianmaster

ianmaster Regular Member

Off course in CCQ game, Simon will beat Chen Jin. Big win, no doubt. :D :D :D

(sorry to all victim on this) lol

2. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

We cheered for madbad's cuties....together with unknown fans, adult and kids, men and women....

China played well, but Korean played better, and with more determination, they won. This is THE DAY, for Korea...

3. Heong

Heong Regular Member

wow... i thought China was always most dominant especially in their womans' team... but guess not. What happened? Either China didn't play too well or Korea played extremely well... wish i could watch! Strange though... was China not prepared or did something suddenly empower Korea??!

congrats Korea!! from wat i see from the score line, it was really close and well fought

4. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

I would say, China played well, just that the players collapsed at last due to tremendous pressure, and Korean girls played wholeheartedly, inspired by madbad's + Louisa's power....:D:D:D

5. nellute

nellute Regular Member

Congratulations to the Koreans.

This is definitely a good thing for badminton. Having China to dominate the sports will eventually kill the sports.

6. sting1988

sting1988 Regular Member

School
    well this is a good wake-up call for China...Korea is producing so many good single players as well as doubles...they can't just act like the best in the world because that attitude cost them the cup...

7. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Feeling regret to skip from my office today.....I had to pretend feeling not well in front of my boss so I could obtain his permission to go home then I have to be dissapointed with China girls' performance....

8. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    I was right there in the front row, and WYH played pathetically (mind you, I say this as a big fan of WYH). I hope she's not injured, as she had a band around her waist that she kept fiddling with. Whatever the reason, she was playing very lethargically and well below her usual standard.

9. AhPang

AhPang Regular Member

Student
    agree too i hope some good women's team can win the uber cup in the future

10. zzz...

zzz... Regular Member

Congats KOREA! Well done, stop China dominance. I love to see LYB sullen face, he is just too confident and arrogant.

None of the Korean girls rank Top 10 in the world. This proves that one don't have to be Top 10 in the world to win. Really great, hope this will encourage others to fight against China dominance.

11. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

agree with you zzz....
    Korea deserve to win !! no excuse !!:p

12. BornReady

BornReady Regular Member

Let's see if China will LET Indonesia win the Thomas Cup tonight.

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    As one of the people who might can speak something to change their mind,maybe u should tell them to reconsider of putting Sony to face CJ.Simon in his current shape,is still better than Sony's current injured shape.:eek:

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Congrats to Korea Uber Cup team..

..what can i say, they deserve it...limsy actually told me that the Korean squad would win. But he got the wrong squad, he wanted the Thomas Cup squad to win but it turned out to be the Uber Cup squad..so, his wish is partly granted..
    Stay tuned for limsy's review of Li Yong Bo's pre-Final comments, during the press interviewv "CHN is unstoppable", after the TC Final later today..

The Korea win was good, good for the sport..Maybe it's about time for the Uber Cup to be moved (CHN held it for more than a decade!)..

In hindsight:
    CHN probably lacked the major tournament experience esp. for Wang Yihan and the 1st WD, Ma Jin & Wang Xiaoli. I didn't really take that into consideration.
    The blow was definitely Wang Yihan's straight games loss as it puts a lot of pressure on the first Uber Cup Final's appearance for the young WD pair. WYH made many errors, probably half of them turned out to be pts for Bae Sung Hee. Maybe Li Yongbo overestimated Wang Yihan's performance during this week thus putting her as CHN's 1st WS instead Wang Xin. But Bae Sung Hee turned up to be the better player. She played very consistently and patiently.

Lastly, i feel so bad for the many M'sian CHN supporters (yes, you know who you are;)). My attendance in this yr's T&UC seemed to be a bad omen for CHN's Uber Cup team....for that, i truly apologize..:(..but madbad must be extremely excited (yes, he was jumping up & down like after seeing KOR upset CHN)..Let's hope CHN will win today's Thomas Cup to mend any broken hearts..:cool:

#694 ctjcad, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  15. staples

staples Regular Member

Great win for Korea!

LYB will get his glory from the men's team tomorrow. :) But I guess anything less than a double victory is a failure for him.

16. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

What a surprise, I should had stayed up last night. Stealing one point from China is very hard already, let alone winning it.

Congrats to Korea, they are well deserved. Now I am waiting for the video if someone is sharing it. To witness this special moment. :)

And Good luck to IND in final. Nothing is impossible. :D

17. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Right in your face Li Yongbo. The loser boast that China is unstoppable in nst today. hahahahaha. Eat humble pie!!

18. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    As I browsed through this whole threads I can see BC members from all around the world congratulating the Korean Uber cup team on their victory over China. Also we are happy to see those ugly expressions of LYB and how is he going to accept defeat. I guess all responses from us is due to his arrogance and also his iron-fist kind of leadership all these years where he accumulated many bad karma. On his boastful pre match comments, I believed his water face dropped.

On Kim Moon Soo, being the better pair partnering the great Park Joo Bong on their playing days, he is entirely a different kind of character. He look pleasant, approachable and very sportmen like. Even on very tight situations he kept showing positive gesture and lead his players on whereas LYB looked serious and had a very long face. Just look at the way KMS hugged his players on the floor when they won the game. You will never see that on LYB.

Hats off to you Korea.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think lyb made a technical mistake here. I know hindsight is 20/20 but from past record, i know WYH is not a big tournament clincher. She does well in smaller events and against team mates but seem to succumb to pressure of big events or closely ranked non-chinese players. She lost to a korean in 2010 MasOpen, lost to Tine in 2010 AE, lost to WMC in 09 china open, lost to Tine in 09 denmark open. I woulda fielded SXW, WX, and JYJ instead. The fail safe anchor WD du/yu pair was suppose to give JYJ to take the clinching match but this WD pair failed. KOR sure did their homework on china. Team that came prepared deserved to win, regardless of which country. I don't know how much input by Zhang ning on the uber players selection.

#699 cooler, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I know..........

Attached Files: