Can Indonesia Defeat China?

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by pajrul, May 14, 2010.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    ya, right, 6 times champion x 2 years = 12 years and that was a long time! congrat to the korean ladies team and the coaches! :cool:

2. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Wonder You'll say this kind of thing if your country just dominates badminton like China does now

3. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Did you guys see Li Yongbo chastised the CHN players who stood in attention with head lowered after a loss. Seems like public dress-down.

Anyway, INA's MD1 may barely beat CHN MD1, and Sony if on form can somehow beat Chen Jin.

The key here is the MD1, if INA win, they have a slim hope of beating China as MD is always a strong point for Indonesia.

Taufik odds of beating Lin Dan is about 1/100.

4. wong68

wong68 Regular Member

businessman
    is a 30/70 match...well CHINA will b able to win again if they play like hw they beat MALAYSIA

5. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Agree with you...Go China......

6. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

fortunately, KOR UC Team break the dominance today and said to the world : "Nothing is Impossible. Impossible is Nothing..Human judged not based on paper, not from how good or how often he won the battle but about how he undergo process.":)

#86 simonlovers, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  7. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Oyea nothing is impossible even JPN could beat Msia in their home ground :)

8. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    I was at the UC final, and I must admit I was rather shocked at the vitriol that nearly all the spectators had for China. I can understand that kind of reaction from the non-Chinese races, but I would've thought that the Malaysian Chinese would be behind China with the absence of Malaysia in the event final. They were practically exultant every time the Koreans scored a point and were ecstatic when they finally won.

I'm kind of new to badminton, though, so I'm only now beginning to understand that there's this long-standing resentment against China for being so dominant for so long.

I do wonder how it'll be like at the TC final tomorrow. ;)

Lol, good one.

9. simonlovers

oh yes..credit for JPN TC too...reach SF for the first time..
    but...:eek::eek:
    CHN vs KOR (rank)
    1st WS : 1 vs 16
    1st WD : 1 vs (scratch pair)..don't have ranking
    2nd WS : 2 vs 26
    2nd WD : 2 vs 11
    3rd WS : 5 vs 30

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

There's no vitriol.
    When Jiayu fans start to support CHN players, do you think the local crowd should join in? Of course not. The local crowd starts to get behind KOR so there's equal support for both teams.Do you think that's fair?
    What's this idea that Malaysian Chinese should support CHN when Malaysia's not playing? That's the old generation. Why would the young generation Malaysian Chinese support a rude chap like LYB?

11. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Both Lee Hyo Jung and Lee KW are Korea's veteran...though Lee HJ/Kim MJ doesnt have ranking,you should count on Lee HJ's and Lee Kw's experince in team event,how many time have they played Uber compare to MJ/WXL...Even DJ/YY only played 2 times in Uber...Zhang YW/Tian Qing also doesnt have ranking when thry won China SS and they were still able to beat DJ/YY and WPT/CEH in straight set....:):)...

12. simonlovers

and than why CHN didn;t call player(s)/pair(s) with more experiences ?
    regeneration ?..and or with over confidence and underestimate other countries with their top 5 WS and top 3 WS..(dominate the world !!! ) (like Li Yongbo said in newspaper ))?
    i'm so happy because Korea keep struggle today and deserve to win this Uber Cup..:)

13. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I'm happy that LYB decided to send those players....It shows China has a lot of upcoming young players not like other countries...If Korea has many2 strong WDs they should have not rely on LHJ and LKW...Or perhaps you expect LYB to call back ZTT,GL,YW,ZJW or WYL????just like korea did to LHI??
    Well I appreciate korea's victory and their fighting spirit but let's see If LHJ and LKW can still play for the next 2years

14. nellute

nellute Regular Member

Badminton has very limited success in world stage.

It struggles during every Olympics whether to be included or not to be included especially if the Olympic is to be hosted by America / Latin America / Africa and Europe.

Yes. To be selfish I might not say that kind of the thing when my country is dominating. But looking at the bigger picture, Badminton is in a very sad state.

15. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    YES!
    Indonesia can defeat China!!!!!!!

16. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

thats why other country should learn how to beat China like korea did..as badminton fans,dont just blame China for their domination

17. simonlovers

read this article from kompas.com :

This result dashed China's ambition to be crowned champions for the seventh consecutive time. On the other hand, (before the match) upon learning that China would meet Korean in the final, coach Li Yongbo was very optimistic that his team would retain the championship. "There is no other possibility, because China will be the winners", he said.

After what transpired in the final, however, Li Yongbo started to offer excuses. According to him, China's focus is to prepare for the 2012 London Olympics.

"They didn't win the Uber Cup, but that is not a bad thing, for our main focus is to face the 2012 London Olympics."

"Let's give other countries the opportunity to become Uber Cup champions, so that (the competition) will get better. After all, it'd become boring if China always becomes the champion and we'd like to allow other countries the opportunity to win."

Thank you Mr.Li Yongbo...you're sooo huuumblleee...allow Korea win because you're boring if China always becomes the champion :cool::cool:

18. volcom

volcom Regular Member

This is not good news for other teams :)

Cos China will be back with a vengeance, stronger, faster, meaner and more powerful than ever!
    Especially in the upcoming WC and Asian games

19. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

oyea that would be LYB's excuse..but sending young players is a good move for China's badminton....getting failed this time doesnt mean they will fail again next time....Just give those players experience cos they are China's future hope....

20. simonlovers

why so worried ?
    and the other teams will say : Nothing is impossible !
    keep struggling others team :)