2010 Uber Cup Semifinal - Day 5, Thurs May 13th

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by chemile, May 12, 2010.

1. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    feed him whatever except nasi lemak... he will be all dreamy again if he takes them...

2. kirana

kirana Regular Member

I beg to differ, you could see the Thomas cup final 2 years ago in Jakarta full of spectators although it didn't involve INA players (it was KOR vs CHN), you could see it from the video either in youtube or other sources:cool:. I think it is because INA has more passion and hearts in badminton;)

3. syadera

syadera Regular Member

cool! cant wait to feel the atmosphere again.. i cant see such that things on Madrid Open.. that's why i love badminton.. still, i love tennis as well.. ;)

4. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Couldn't agree more. I notice that in events held in Europe, even when two Chinese players are guaranteed to be in the final, the seats are well filled. I guess we can separate those who truly love the game from those who attend an event simply because their home country is involved or because it's the men who are playing.

Again, couldn't agree more. Not surprising, really, when you consider the reputation Indonesians have in Malaysia.

5. syadera

syadera Regular Member

just checked,, Firda on Twitter trending topic! hahaha..

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I think China ladies too strong , Wang Yihan , Wang Shixian , wang Xin .. too strong for other ladies to take on them!

7. kirana

kirana Regular Member

Well, it works both ways, the same goes for Malaysian reputations in Indonesia;)

8. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Ooh, never heard that one before! What is the reputation of Malaysians in Indonesia?

9. kirana

kirana Regular Member

Kindly google it yourself, I don't want to get banned nor star a political war here, just enjoy badminton, k:D

10. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Uh huh. I'll pass on that search, though, since I can guess what you'd spew had you elaborated on the topic.

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    99% of them are here to earn honest labour money...

12. kirana

kirana Regular Member

BTW, I saw Mia Audina in the live telecast just now, and she looks slimmer then when she was still a professional player! I hope I didn't recognise wrongly, though.

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I'm sure you all saw how excited LKW was after her victory, rolling on the ground and all. Anyway as they were towelling, I shouted to them to get their attention (I was at the front barrier). Sure enough, first came the excited LKW and flings her racket to our section. Missed all of us BC members (hcyong, loh, Hagen and myself) and grabbed by a woman who was supporting JAPAN!!:mad:

OK, that's fine. Here comes HJE right in front of me. She throws her racket... short, falls back to the ground. Apparently she throws like a girl :p. Second try and I'm sure she's trying to throw me her racket... except she's got terrible aim. It flies off way to my right to some dude and his wife.

Spectators 2 BC Members 0

Darn, I'm so disappointed that I might consider resigning as President of the Korean Cuties Association :p:p

14. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    That's coz its the final... this is just the semifinal stage... :D

15. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    u guys are missing the point here... u keep on saying finals... this is just the semifinals... come on... wake up

16. cherry_cupcakes

cherry_cupcakes Regular Member

employee
    not so happy reading page 25...we are here to support badminton,proud of your nationality spirit, but this is just a game, be sportive.... so good luck for INA and MAS tomorrow, hopefully there's new winner for Thomas Cup 2010, CHN always win, its our turn now!

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Just a note on the WD match. During a rally in the 2nd game, WXL broke a string during a smash... you could clearly hear it. She stopped for a moment and contemplated running to her bag to grab the spare.

Instinctively, Ma Jin recognized the situation and switched her to the front while she took the back position. All WXL could do was play net shots forcing INA to lift. Moments later there was a net exchange that ended when WXL executed a beautiful cross court shot, catching both players flat footed. All this with a broken string! :)

18. syadera

syadera Regular Member

goshhhh.. its getting hot in here..
    thought this forum is different wiff others forum..

guys stop the rude comments please, try to make it nicer..

we are ASEAN, we'll have the same ID Card and the same Passport by 2015.. means we r ONE..

i went to KL and they treat me nicely,, lots of msian in Bandung and we treat them nice as well..

19. kirana

kirana Regular Member

Wanna bet whether Bukit Jalil stadium will be full during the final Uber Cup between KOR vs JAP??:rolleyes: or to make it easier for you, let say IF MAS didnt make it to the final of Thomas Cup, will it be as full as Senayan Stadium 2 years ago between KOR vs CHN??:cool: I think I already know what the answer is:D

#439 kirana, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  20. Strongkey

Strongkey Regular Member

player
    Of course what I was talking about are false impressions, we cannot put the blame of some people wrong doings to the whole nation. Just like when somebody says about Indonesians reputation in Malaysia, it's also a false impression, what some people do cannot be said as "Indonesian or Malaysian reputation". I couldn't believe if people who comments here, who're supposed to be educated enough, can have such false impressions. :)