Can Malaysia take on China?

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think HH stunned a lot of Malaysians (Malaysians on the whole are negative soothsayers) and even when HH produced one of his best performances, he continues to be a loser.

I could see some of these Malaysians last night, almost waiting for HH to capitulate but eventually jumping out of their seats cheering.

Let your eyes tell you what is the truth guys, and not your suspicious minds (they are too smart to recognise the truth).

History is likely to show itself again - China may lose this as they are sure to be sweating in their pants. All it needs is another repeat of last night and Malaysia can bring back history where it beat China to go on to beat INA in the Finals.

Determination was shown on WCH and HH faces yesterday and if looks can kill, they will do it tonight. I am impressed with Zakry/Hoon with their staunchness last night, albeit a pairing with each other for the 1st time. They will click tonight I am sure, another possibility in my mind.

#101 X Ball, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. ayiee1976

ayiee1976 Regular Member

Internal Auditor
    Not to sure about that...on paper it is next to impossible, but I have a feeling that HH will deliver again. As long as LCW n KKK/TBH take a point each-it hard to predict, they are playing the best in the world. But If they play the plot right so it is up for HH again.

"I'm hoping for the best but prepare for the worst"

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    yes...

Msia Vs China in badminton is not like Msia Vs Manchester United in Football...
    is more like Fulham Vs Manchester United...

there are chances but not high...

4. johnjohnny

johnjohnny Regular Member

I think we have to be realistic.... although I hope so much that Msia could upset China. The painful reality is the fact and statistics is clearly not on our side.

But come to think of it, Malaysia come back from the defeat to Japan and steal the Semi-Final spot from Denmark. Against China, no one expect Malaysia to win. We have nothing to lose. Give them hell of a time and a hell run for the money. YEAHHHHH...
    I will be there to cheer for Malaysia tomorrow

5. ayiee1976

ayiee1976 Regular Member

Internal Auditor
    The fan should make noice, stomp harder, clap do whatever can boost player spirit....but most important make China player have a nerve breakdown.

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think CHN have slowly upped their tempo match by match. In the group match v KOR, they won 3-1. They didn't look fully in the groove. In the QF, they held nothing back and totally demolished a competitive KOR team.

In tomorrow's SF, I expect them to ramp it up even more. LD can take the air out of the stadium by beating LCW. In essence that would be game set and match for CHN.

So based on what I have seen from both teams so far:
    MS1 - LCW has a slight edge I think... very slight. MAS 1-0
    MD1 - Fu/Cai looked incredibly fast and dynamic. Koo/Tan prone to inexcusable lapses. MAS 1-1 CHN
    MS2 - Poor Uncle WCH will be exhausted from yesterday. Easy for CJ. CHN 2-1
    MD2 - Don't think who MAS fields will make a difference. Whichever mix and match pair MAS comes up with doesn't stand up to CHN's MD2. CHN 3-1

Match over. Jia You fans happy. Boleh fans boo their own players again (hope not)

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Statistics always change. Reality is really just our perception at this point.

8. TBHock

TBHock Regular Member

Can Malaysia beat China?

Slim chance...BUT,

I do believe in miracles!..Go..Malaysia..go go!

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

As much as China is ramping up, Malaysia is peaking too. Did you not see 3 BIG improvements last night ? Obviously not.

10. SibugiChai

YAB
    1. LCW Vs LD (46.15% - 53.85 %)
    2. KKK/TBH Vs CY/FHF (50.94 % - 49.06 %)
    3. WCH Vs CJ (33.91 % - 66.09 %)
    4. HTH/ZL Vs XZ/GZD (38.33 % - 61.67 %)
    5. HH Vs BCL (31.34 % - 68.66%)
    Msia to beat China... difficult but not impossible...

11. malcolmlim

malcolmlim New Member

does anyone know what time will china vs malaysia be played on friday?

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Not slim chance. GREAT CHANCE !

13. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I do hope that MAS can win over CHN.. i am bored of watching China dominating....

14. SibugiChai

YAB
    i think 6pm Msia time... but its not official yet

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I would say the chances are still 50-50.
    Provided our boys will not be crumbled under pressure. The Malaysian Fans will have to go full on to support the players. My take on the match ups.

LCW vs LD - It will be a hostile situation for Lin Dan as he face the Local lad. LD has not been playing well lately and usually does not play well during these type of event. But I guess he might still be able to spring some surprises with the help from the "thing". It's time for LCW to show his "secret weapon". I hope that does not backfire. LCW would love to keep his unbeaten home record and well as Thomas Cup unbeaten record.

KKKTBH vs CFFHF - no pressure for the Chinese pair. They have been playing well but their game plan is readable. Cai Yun has to bring his A game to the table. As for the local lads. X factor will still be KKK. I hope our boys will not make silly childish mistakes.
    Whoever controls the front will win the match. I hope TBH will not feel the pressure. KKK loves this kind of situation and he does not feel the pressure but just try to be fancy.

WCH vs CJ - On paper CJ will get the upperhand. WCH is used to play his style and both their encounters is very close. I do hope WCH can win this. Fitness would be a problem for WCH. CJ will be feeling the pressure here when playing against Malaysia.

2nd MD vs China - in previous edition Fuzzy delivered the point. But this time I'm still not sure who is Rexy going to field. It is going to be a chess match. As for China's pair. Nothing to shout about. But they will still play their best here and seal try to steal a point for China. Weakest link this time might be our boys but tables might turn. I would never know, just hope for the best.

Hafiz vs CL- Hafiz past his mental barrier yesterday. And he wowed to give his extreme best if things goes down the line. Hero or Zero. I hope he will battle it out as if it is his last. CL is not used to play in these type of situation. If he is able to keep his nerves, he might be able to try to seal the deal for China.

Malaysia fans will have to bring it on and try to add the pressure to China and not Malaysia. The fans will have to play mind games to the Chinese players.

No matter what... Malaysia will do whatever it takes to win China this time. I'm hoping for the best.

16. lipans

lipans Regular Member

I think, if MAS to win if they field the ZL/FT ad MD2. No more scratch pair as last night. Otherwise it will be sure lost.

Fairuz already leant the lesson. He need to be in control of himself.

17. SibugiChai

YAB
    ZL/FT as Razif Sidek said loud and clear over the TV... ZL/FT dont have the BIG SMASHES to win point anymore... their opponents will just lift lift lift till dead tired smashing...

that's why BAM bring HTH to partner ZL... if FT has been cooler.. he would have partner HTH instead of the overweight ZL...

18. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Well said ants, well said..

19. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    We are who we are

If we are not Malaysians or just being a bit neutral then is an easy prediction :
    China 3 : 1 Malaysia
    But since we can't change who we are so outcome shall be :
    China 2 : 3 Malaysia
    Hope that explains all sort of pre-game predictions :D

20. jason_kidd

jason_kidd Regular Member

i believe rexy is satisfied with their porformance last nite... when 2 young pairs meet, story will be different.. one very important fact-- china MD2 is not as steady as MD1... anything can happen.. MD2 HTH/ZL will beat china MD2 pair i think...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.