WJC Individual Day 3 (23 Apr 2010)

Discussion in 'World Junior Championships 2010' started by limsy, Apr 23, 2010.

1. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

cmon Viktor.....become the champion....create the history....;)

Ratchanok will lift the title.....no doubt....

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wow, Viktor beat Huang, China lost their domination in MS

3. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

we need new fresh BS champion from country other than chn...:p

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yup, fully agree :D. Hope Ratchanok can defend her WS title, though she too young to qualify Youth OG.

I just noticed AJC champ in MD also lost, to HK:eek:. Fatigued perhaps.

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I think carolina lost due to her playing the thrilling match against the chinese....very unfair for players to play 2 matches in 1 day....same for fabienne....

6. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I think most of players and officials wont be thrilled abt the schedule either, but there's nothing they can do....poor Riyanto as well:crying:

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

This viktor axelsen is next peter gade:cool:

as i said earlier, watch out for him in this tourney;)

8. george@chongwei

9. copadh

copadh Regular Member

as some bc-ers stated early in this thread, there's playoff matches to determine BS & GS rank, YOG qualification purpose.

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I will support Viktor Axelsen for BS! Hope he wins his last two matches.
    GS, I hope for JPN girls to make a breakthrough and beat Suo Di, but if cannot, I prefer Ratchanok for the title. :)
    For BD, of course I hope for an all-BD final. Nelson/Teo has a better chance for a final spot, while Ow/Yew has a rematch where in their first meeting they had to save 3 match points and fight all the way to a 27-25 win at the second game and make another comeback in the third game. Very, very tough fight for Ow/Yew, I really hope they make it through.
    For GD, well, China will take it back home, I guess.
    XD of course I support Ow/Lai. Hope that doesn't tire Ow Yao Han out seeing all the rubbers he has played... :(

11. george@chongwei

thanks for the info.. too lazy to read previous post:D

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I have seen the future.....(quick inputs on memorable matches & players)..

...okay, maybe see half of the future...Saw a lot of matches on QF Day..

On the MS side, i see Mr. Axelsen as the next big "player". On the WS side, i see Ms. Inthanon as the next big "player". And both are not even 1 y.o. yet.

Okay, up first is the MS:

- Zulfadli (MAS) : Can be a talent, but i sense his mental focus is not there. Perhaps lack of experience hours. Made quite a few errors in his match vs. Riyanto.
    - Riyanto (INA) : Same as Zulfadli. His lack of stamina could be a factor also. I was chatting with him, after his R1/6 match; he was also getting some advices from coach Indra (used to coach in Philippines). Tall kid, abt 183 cm and only 17 y.o.
    - Huang YX (CHN) - Struggled in all of his matches. The one against Axelsen was full of errors.
    - Praneet & Prannoy (IND) - Didn't watch their matches closely, but will do so today.
    - Victor Axelsen (DEN) - The real deal. A stud. Money in the bank. DEN's future star after Gade. I was impressed with his skills, footwork and mature, calm game. For his age, he's very deft with his racket skills and has wonderful soft touches. He seemed like he's been playing for ages with his performance vs. HYX.
    - Kang JW (KOR) - Didn't pay much attention to him. But will do so today in SF Rd.
    - Liu Kai (CHN) - Almost similar to Huang YX. Game experience is not there yet.
    - Poodchalat (THA) - I saw a few wrinkle of brilliance, but game is still raw.

#172 ctjcad, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Input on WS players..

- Deng Xuan (CHN) - Unbelievable strings of errors against Marin. I think she's the weakest of the current junior CHN WS squad.
    - R. Inthanon (THA) - First time seeing her play. I was impressed considering her age. She has a powerful smash too, for her age and height.
    - F. Deprez (GER) - Has the potential. She definitely outlasted her less than fit opponent in Novalia A.
    - C. Marin (SPA) - Arguably had the most entertaining match of the day vs. Deng Xuan. It was definitely a thriller. There was a crowd of supporters for her and every time she scored a pt, a loud yell would sound off. She's a battler but succumbed in her QF Rd. match.
    - Wang Liang (CHN) - She battled against Inthanon, but not good enough. As her "punishment" she was relegated to doing the video recording duty and asst. coaching duty (as seen in the "Pics" thread).
    - Fukuman (JPN) - Petite and stout but very consistent.
    - Suo Di (CHN) - She's arguably the best CHN WS for her age group. Tall and quite well built. She battled her IND opponent in the QF Rd. There was a Let called during her match, but she stayed focused.
    - Novalia A. (INA) - She tried her best but her footwork and stamina is just not there (perhaps for playing in WD as well). She even had to W/O in her consolation match vs. Wang Liang.
    - Sonia Cheah (MAS) - Talent is there. But still need more experience hours.
    - Matsumoto (JPN) - A battler.
    - Sindhu (IND) - She's also a battler. Just not enough finishing ability in the 3rd game.
    - Sapsiree T. (THA) - Has a powerful smash & good racket skills. But could improve on her footwork and stamina.
    - Jiang YJ (CHN) - Not tall & slim but makes it up with her game-smarts.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Input on MD pairs..

- Choi SI & Kang JW (CHN) - Relatively young. Speed, power & placement game is there but just lack experience hours. Their strokes and swings seem a bit awkward as if the arm, shoulder are not fully extended during their swings.
    - Li Gen & Song ZW (CHN) - Honestly, i don't see much excitement with this pair. Yes, they have the power. But it seems like they just lack that communication factor.
    - Lee CH & Ng KL (HK) - Probably one of the most well rounded pairs. They pack a punch w/their smashes and play w/good coordination.
    - Heg Nelson & Teo EY (MAS) - For a second i thought they're brothers. Their game is based on power and they do deliver them in bunches. Good tacticians. Speed is probably not there.
    - Ow YH & Yew HK (MAS) - Game is rather similar with Heg and Teo. Haven't seen their game closely but will do so today in SF Rd.
    - Jansen & Prabudita (INA) - Their skills and catchy uniform sure match. But imo, still a bit raw and definitely could use more experience hours.
    - Praneet & Chopra (IND) - I'm surprised they made it to the QF Rd. But Praneet is more of a Singles player.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Input on WD pairs..

- Other than the remaining CHN pairs, i didn't see any other pairs who can challenge them. For their squad, imo, Tang JH is their best player.
    - The JPN pairs did their usual defense and counter attack strategy.
    - The INA pair of Darajat & Kwanrico just didn't have enough gas in the tank & seem to lack experience hours vs. the more soundly coordinated & tactically prepared DEN pair.
    - RUS' Chervyakova & Korobiyenkova have the potential. They have the speed but just not enough experience hours.
    - Didn't pay much attention to KOR's Choi HI & Lee SH. But will do so in today's SF Rd.

#175 ctjcad, Apr 24, 2010
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Input on XD pairs..

..okay, i admit i didn't pay attention or see much if at all of the XD matches. So, i won't be mentioning much.:p
    Two pairs which stood out for me were the GER and KOR pairs. I thought their win vs. the CHN pair and KOR pair, respectively, were a bit of a surprise.
    One of the Danish pairs was so surprised with their win that they all celebrated right there on the court.
    Will take notice of the remaining pairs for today's SF Rd.

#176 ctjcad, Apr 24, 2010
  17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thanks chris
    hehe
    thanks for the opinion:)

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

typo..

..oops..meant to write "And both are not even 17 y.o. yet"..:p

19. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Yes.. both of them are impressive... it is not easy to win the WJC title twice. Let hope Ratchanok can do that.

20. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Thank you so much, Chris.
    This is really interesting stuff! Keep up the good works.:):):)