Bravesword 10 and 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Babyface, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Who am I to Judge?!?! I am the law!

[​IMG]

2. rapidfire

rapidfire Regular Member

I heard bravesword 11 is a good racket

3. PapA_xlonG

PapA_xlonG Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, it is very nice racket after u have adapted to the timing and slightly flexible shaft.

If u like Ti10, probably u will like BS11 better. At least, this happened to me. :p

4. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Are you a lady?? You'd been asking these kind of questions since last year and a fellow forumer had hit on you also if i remembered correctly.

Just look at the no.of posts related to your same questions here!

If you had tried it out yourself you should have known better than anyone else, long ago, rather than asking all over the place.

5. kingjo

kingjo Regular Member

Totally agree with Aspire ... I remember he asked these questions when I was thinking of getting BS09 and after I already got my BS11, he is still ...asking about it. :rolleyes:

@Niemrieng:
    If u have strong wrist and being a smash lover, go for BS08 or BS10.
    If LYD is ur idol and u can control flexible racket, BS09 is not a bad choice.
    If u want something in between BS09 and BS10, then BS11 is a perfect choice (medium stiff).

If u r Ti10's fan then go for BS11 since it's similar to Ti10 but a bit head lighter.

Lastly, if u r in Saigon, go to Loan's sport shop. I think she can give u better advices.

6. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Played again with my 11 yesterday for 3 hours. I've noticed that the power is a little further up the head than my other rackets (actually similar location to the ZS) so it's taking some time to take the shuttle earlier so I can tap into it more, but still, it's a solid and predictable racket and I'm having fun with it.

7. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Man, after reading easy tiger comment on the BS11. I think I'm going to give it a try if I have the chance.

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    BS11 is a very good racquet indeed. I tested BS9,10,11 this week. Preferred the BS10 out of all 3 but all were very very good.

BS11 has a slimmer shaft than BS10 and therefore has slightly more flexibility. Bs9 is medium flex so is the most flexible out of 3.

BS11 has nice weight in the head but not too much. Personally I didn't feel there was much difference head wise between 11 &10 but the difference in shaft made them feel and play different.

I've just written a review of BS10 and this will be posted on my blog very soon.(I have ARC5 review going live this week).

Easy Tiger, you've got good taste!

To your success
    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Cheers Paul!

Yeah I like a different racket. Enjoyed your review of the 8DX though - I played a few games with an Arc10 and liked it quite a bit, so I was wondering about how it compared.

I honestly think the only thing holding Victor back is it's sale and promotion. They're solid, interesting rackets, badly promoted.

I'm crossing my fingers that the BS12 has some fluro yellow on it, then I'll be 100% sold ;)

10. petertan_sg

petertan_sg Regular Member

CEO
    hi bro... wat's t200?

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Easy Tiger

Do you know something we don't re BS12?

Totally agree with you regarding sales and promotion. Part of the issue here is that they're looking for a gradual increase in sales rather than a huge spurt.

Found this out as I had dinner with MD for Victor UK and MD of Victor International. (name dropper!).

Paul

12. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Well, if any other industry is to be used as an example, all you have to do is be vocal and have a blog and WAMMO - companies throw stuff at you like your some expert or something! ;)

I dunno anything about the potential BS12, just wishful thinking. Seeing as though you're obviously the guy with connections, by all means drop my name as I'd love to design the colour scheme for it! (which I promise will have less grey and red.) :)

#152 Easy Tiger, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  13. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

@ all : sorry for a bit bothering.however, rackets are not so easy to access here. We dunt have demo rackets to try and Victors are not popular so we can borrow from fellows.

So we buy stuffs (which are a bit expensive - at least to me) based on information that all the nice guys like you provide.

Moreover, Victor's spec are not clear also. some say BS 11 is less heavy than BS10 whereas some say the opposite.

that's why I'm really careful before buying stuffs. And I'm sorry if it leads to your inconveniences . No one ever want to spend money on something that doesnt fit you. And used rackers are not easily sold here. so we'll have to stick with our choice even though we know it's not a good choice.

Great thanks for all your support so far.

NR

14. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Just for comparison, my 4U BS10 strung and with a thin overgrip has a BP of 288mm.

I remembered my friend's 4U BS11 has around the same BP but it is not as stiff. When I had issue with my wrist, I was using the BS11 as it is easier to use.

15. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

@teoky : thks for ur information. really kind of you

16. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Right.. after breaking all my beloved original dark red Yonex Armortec 700s, I was looking for a new racket. For once deciding not to jump into the Yonex boat, due to some doubt related to their price/quality ratio and overall durabiliy, I started a seek-and-explore tour. Besides, taking into account I do NOT like the bright red 'new' AT700s and seeing the original ones are so rare to find these days, it again was a logical step to take.

Jumping from RSL (X2) to ZELM (PowerPlay 10000) to Yonex ArcSaber 10 to a range of Victors, none of them came even remotely close to the good old miraculous feel of my AT700s. NOTE: I am still planning to test the offensive line up of Li-Ning rackets, and the Kason TSF-300 series.

I myself am an offensive and tall (6'4 feet) singles player who loves to rally, has a fast pace on court, position hitter and a heavy smash player (a disturbingly amazing history with the AT700).

This week, I had the chance to test the BS 10, BS 11 and SW36 all at the same moment several times for long sessions.
    Sadly, I have to add my personal take on the head heavy issue concerning the BS 10 and BS 11:
    The BS 10 was conciderably MORE head heavy and felt definitely MORE offensive than the BS 11. After my triple sessions with all 3 rackets, the BS 10 came out most offensive. I just cannot understand how people judge this racket more head heavy and more offensive than the BS 10. I had 10 people try both rackets, and every single one found the BS 10 more offensive and head heavy than the BS 11. So unless Victor has some serious issues with their QC/fabrication process... Who knows how this can be!

The Victor Bravesword 10, utterly amazed me. It felt offensive, stiff enough, reasonably head heavy, not overly fast (not to aerodynamic) and well enough to use in both singles and doubles. I would not dare call it as offensive as the Armortec 700, but it is such an amazing piece of work. It feels like you truly have some mass in your hands, and when wielding it, it does remind me of the mass, whip-effect and power-giving capabilities of the AT700. Defense and manoeuvrability are still great!

The Victor SuperWave 36 just felt in a entire different class. It didn't feel OK! It was hugely apparent this racket simply cannot be compared to the other two. Entirely different classes! Reasonably flimsy and it felt light/breakable compared to the BS 10 and even the BS 11. It no where near reached the powerful and massive feel of the AT700. It was offensive, definitely, but the design surely made it feel lighter (more aero) and so much faster. When hitting with it, there just wasn't enough feeling of mass and power. The wielder has to be someone who likes less mass, reasonable whip and has a great swing speed.

The Victor Bravesword 11. Well, what to say. It is in the same league as the Bravesword 10, but less head heavy, bit faster, and has less the feeling of mass and power, and less whippiness. It's even more of an allround racket, great manoeuvrability than the BS 10 and an even better defense. Read my non-understanding concerning the compared offensiveness/head heaviness with the BS 10 above.

That's all I can think of right now, it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm falling from the couch. If there are questions or remarks, don't mind dropping me a line or posting.

Feng

#156 Fengwei, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  17. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

I got my BS11 3u (Victor VS 800 @ 24lbs) last weekend. tried it on Monday, dunt really like that racket, I mishit a lots, the rackets is too fast, I guessed.

Tried it for the second time yesterday and now I'm in luv wit it. Racket speed is great. Honestly, it is not so powerful as my Lethal 50 but much more forgiving and easy to use. My shoulder dunt get hurt and I dunt feel tired after 1 hour of training and 2 hours of playing double. And my smash get more angle, I think it's becoz BS11 is head heavier than Lethal 50

Now I become decent on the net where I'd never been comfortable.

I need more time to completely control this racket but I think I'll have gud time with it.

Thanks for advices u all have made so far.

NR

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

@Fengwei you really should try Victor SW35

19. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Any luck at having a lengthy go at Spira 21:)? Cheers.

20. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Nope, sorry I don't think it is available on the UK website yet, so haven't really had the oportunity to look at purchasing one, I am quite happy with my SW35 at the moment though