Bravesword 10 and 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Babyface, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    you're welcomed to do so :p

2. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Yes, it's stiff if you play quick doubles. Anyway, your arm must be muscular so that you can handle the stiffness.

3. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    then that must be my adaptation to stiff rackets
    all my rackets are stiff :p
    that's why i did not found BS11 to be stiff

4. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    I've been buying and selling racquets for quiet a while and played with many many racquets from a wide range of brands. I have never been able to get an accurate gauge of a racquet until I took it out onto the court. Just because the shaft is one way or another doesn't meant it's the be all and end all of a racquet. Personally I can't say that the 08 has enough resemblance to the 10&11 to be a fair judge but then again that is subject to my personal opinion.

5. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

4u is too light. i am looking at 85-86g.

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I played with both bs08 and bs10 and found them to be fairly similar and sold off the bs08.

7. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    isn't that 4u? 3u is 86g onwards, no?

8. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

i tot 4u is 82-85g?

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

4u=80-84.9g 3u=85-89.9g 2u=90-94.9g

10. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    I guess that depends on your personal take on similarity. Just out of curiosity, no offense intended, what did you find similar about them?

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    agreed. others opinions may differ. imho the heavy heaviness and stiffness are similar for the bs08 and bs10.

12. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

I bought BS 10 4U this year, strung with NBG95 @ 25lb. Compared to my previous main racket, Victor SuperNano 3U (same string/tension), I found control has improved, and faster to swing for defense. I had some incredible defense return with BS10 that win the rally :)

Swing timing takes several games to get used to as I'd swing too fast to miss the shuttle in the beginning.

I also tried BS10 3U before my purchase, and though I have always used 3U as my main racket, I chose 4U version for BS10 as 3U version was not very maneuverable for me. I also tried BS11 and the shaft is too flexible for my preference.

My current preference is to use BS10 for doubles, and SuperNano for singles. I may lower string tension when it's time to change string and see if it makes better for singles.

13. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    How does 3U BS10 compare with Ti-10 (2nd and 3rd), NS9900 and N50?
    They all seem to be stiff, around even balance and used primarily in doubles

14. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Okee Dokee, my BS11 arrived and I played a solid session solely with it last night. Probably not the best idea playing 10 sets of comp on a brand new, never used before racket, but what can I say, I live on the edge. ;)

Okay, so what can I say short of saying that I like it! In terms of specs, it's like a less head heavy AT900T, with similar stiffness. Because of that, I find it quicker around the court than the T, and it transitions well between the back court clears and smashes, and drives. My touch game was a little out, but I think that will come back once I get more used to the head heaviness. Serves were amazing, I was on fire with this racket. It has nice feedback from the stringbed so you know exactly what's going on. Racket face stability is a highlight.

If you're currently on an even balanced racket and want to try something a little head heavier, this is a good racket to consider because it's not overtly head-heavy. It's not as head heavy as any of the Armortecs I've used or tried, for example.

In the looks department, it's a good mix of solid conservative colours with some added splash of multi-flake metallic in the grey, and prisms in the outer sections of white. Finish quality is good, but not quite there with the best of them yet (Then again, it's better than the N70 I saw recently). On of the problems with the finish, is that because the head is a hexagonal cross-section, when you pick a shuttle up off the ground, you're invariably scraping one of edges along the ground and already mine has a few small scrapes.

One of the good things about buying a Victor, is that you get an overwhelming sense of buying from a company that does it their way. They have some really innovative and unique design aspects to their rackets, and it's clear that they're motivated to keep improving the design and finish of their rackets. Combine this with the fact that they're only 3/4 the cost of the alternatives and I reckon they're well worth trying out.

Assuming you can make sense of the specs. :eek:

15. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

@ easy tiger : thks for ur greate review on BS 11. I'm planning to get one. I wonder if ur racket is 3u or 4u. the seller recommends me a 4u since I'm using a 4u racket but I definitely want more power from my current racket.

FYI : I'm 100% men double and mixed double.

NR

16. Easy Tiger

Bum
    It's a 3U.

I think the theory of using a head heavy 4U over a 3U in doubles is potentially one worth exploring for many people, but I've never done it myself.

If you're going from say a even-to-headlight 4U to a 3U BS11, you might be in for a bit of a shock.

Mine strung and gripped like all my other rackets is 96g, which is a full 8g lighter than any of my Yonex', so as with a lot of times, it depends on the exact racket's actual weight and BP, rather than the specs.

Maybe get the seller to weigh all the 3U's and get the lightest one!

17. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

so I think I should probably go for the 3u since according to your review, BS 11 is not so head heavy so the 4u may not get "enough" power.

unfortunately we dont have the weighing racket service here so we cant know exactly which one is the lightest.

Thanks

NR

one more question, I heard that the BS 11 paint job is not good since it easily got chipped. Do u experience that?

18. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Yeah, but half the issue is the angularity of the racket itself, but you're right - it doesn't have a particularly tough paintjob. Not a dealbreaker though.

19. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

the spiral is gonna be released. I'm torn between the BS 11 and the new spiral. or maybe the BS's price will be dropped when the spiral is released :p

NR

20. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

ah. one more important thing. how is the smash with BS11?