Bravesword 10 and 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Babyface, Mar 8, 2010.

1. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Damn ! I saw the price tag and never asked the sales assistant the actual price !

Maybe next time but now also don't know if it is safe anymore.

Y'day due to red shirts demonstrations, Paragon was shut down.

2. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

hi all

I wonder if BS 10 and 11 (3u) is more suitable for double?

Thanks

NR

3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I think the BS11 more suitable for doubles.

BTW, even though I have the 4U BS10, it is stiff and head heavy so not very fast for doubles.

4. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

I have both. Bs10 is stiffer and requires more energy to generate the equivalent power as bs11 and bs9. But has more control due to the stiffer shaft. The 'recoil' after a swing is also less resulting in faster recovery time.

5. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

any kind soul here can help me to get BS11 3U from thailand?

6. PapA_xlonG

PapA_xlonG Regular Member

Student
    How much is BS11 selling in Thailand after converting into SG dollars ??

7. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

This is the information teoky provided in another thread. I juz copied it, hope it helps

8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    no need to go to thailand. you can get it from jb eg. permai, hongly :)

9. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I just bought the Victor Super Wave 33 Control. My performance is much better than when I use the Brave Sword 08 racquet. I bought the Brave Sword 08 last year because I thought it's a high end racquet and can improve my game by certain extend. However, it's not the case and it's even the opposite. Victor Super Wave 33 Control is really suitable for double players. You can easily control the shuttlecock with this racquet and can swing it and drill at a faster speed. It can help you stay in the game longer as it is light and won't drain your stamina quickly.

My conclusion is that we should not follow the latest racquets in the market. Brave Sword series racquets are stiff and not flexible. If you are the type of players who can't generate power when using a stiff racquet or can't reflex quickly using stiff racquet, it's better to forget about Brave Sword series and also the Yonex racquets. Study your body and your style of playing, learn the meaning of 3U/4U, G2/G5, head heavy/light, stiff/flexible, square head/convention head, balance point, type of grips, strings etc and go to find the racquets which match the stats suit you. I think this would help a lot and will not waste your money buying wrong racquets.

10. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

@Alexch: There is no 3U BS10/BS11 being sold in Bangkok. Only 4U.

11. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I have the BS08 also and it feels like a dead fish, not much feeling. I also can't generate much power from it.

In comparison, the SW33P I have is so much better. So don't just buy because a racquet is the top end, it doesn't mean it will play better.

BTW, the BS10 plays better than the BS08 in my opinion.

12. blackvictor

blackvictor Regular Member

Bravesword 8 and Bravesword 11 are completely different rackets. You can't judge a whole series with just one of the lower models. Also, the stiffness of Braveswords are all different.

And there's no need to drag Yonex into this. This is a thread specifically for Bravesword 10 and 11. I can't see the relation between BS 8 and Yonex rackets...At least give a reason to support your idea of not purchasing one.

IMO, Victor and Yonex are both very good brands.

13. angchor

angchor Regular Member

Last week checked the price at Permai. Its (BS11) RM369 w/o string. Not sure got bag anot. Was told by boss while stock last.

14. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    Had both sold my 11. 10 was more powerful and more solid for me. I like a stiffer shaft and the feel that goes along with it. This is totally opinion based since when I look at it from an objective point of view, they are exactly the same quality with different specs. Therefore one should not consider which is the better of the two but rather which is better for themselves.

BTW I still prefer my BS09 and/or SW33C to them any day. But again, that is totally personal feel and comfort.

15. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Okay, maybe I should not drag Yonex in. What I meant is Brave Sword series racquets are stiff as I have checked all of their stiffness. Yonex racquets are even stiffer. There is a balance point between Stiff and Flexible. None of the Brave Sword series are below the balance point. Only Brave Sword 09 stays at the balance point and other Brave Sword racquets are above to Stiff. Even if the Brave Sword 09 is at the balanced point, it's still stiff for me.

Well, it's my physical that cannot support the stiff racquets. I know all the international players use stiff racquets and some of them even use the stiffest one. The only way to change is to train my arm and body intensively. It's not easy and it depends on whether you want to be a professional player or just a casual player.

16. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    I don't know if you've actually ever tried to play with either BS 10 or 11. Personally I have owned all of the named racquets aside from the BS8 but the 09 plays quite differently from the 10 and the 11. You can't make generalizations about racquets that you've never used based on stats alone. There is a qualitative feel that you can't get from pure numbers. Even though the 11 is closer to the 09 in terms of specs, I feel that it is more comparable to the 10 than the 09.

17. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    This is all testament to the fact that Victors specifications are confusing as hell. I recently bought a BS11 because my thinking was that the 10 was more singles orientated, and I didn't like the idea of a medium stiffness 9 so I went for the 11 as the first one to try.

Still, it's a 170 buck stab in the dark.

18. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Well, as I said, this is what happened to me and this is my personal opinion and experience only. Indeed I have a Brave Sword 08 and it can't generate enough power and speed in the double games. I've been doing "trials and errors" for many different brands of racquets ranging from yonex, carlton, proace, apacs, prince, li ning to victor for many years. I know myself well and now can roughly know whether the racquet is suitable for me when I grab and swing it. You should be able to do that after you have played badminton for many years.

Although I never try BS09, 10 and 11 before, I did grab and swing them at the shops. All of them are stiff and not my likings. Well, I believe if you train your arm and body well, stiff racquets are not a problem anymore and they can even boast your smashing compared to non-stiff racquets.

19. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    BS11 stiff?? I don't feel that it's stiff at all..i liked the BS09 though. no chance to try the BS10 :)

20. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    At this rate I'll have to get all four rackets ;o)