APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    I got my Lethal 60 at RM270 without bag but come with Yonex BG80 and Grip. I am more on offensive player and Lethal 60 is great in power which suit me the most. But it hurt my shoulder and wrist so much. Therefore look for second similar racket but better control than Lethal 60.

I heard lots of comment regarding Tantrum 200 and it is good for all round player. So I think it will be great to help me improve my net skill or drop shot. Tantrum 200 cost RM230 is not expensive, but consider that added another RM40 I will get another spare Lethal 60. I think I will get a Tantrum 200 but negotiate the price to the lowest (I don't need bag cos my new bag could carry 6-9 rackets).

2. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    I got the same problem with the Lethal 70 , it is so tiring after a few games , and take too much out of my shoulder , but the power generated is exceptional. Then I tried my friends T200 and found that it had almost the same power , but the overall performance is much better ..solid feel as well. so I decided to move on to the T200 . I still own a few Yonex rackets, NS9900, NS8000, AT900P, ARC10 but none of them are as good as the T200.

3. ace9988

ace9988 Regular Member

i just bought an apacs racket from racket_sports...just a curious question? does a case come with it at all for those who've bought a racket from there?

4. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Try VH 1700. It has speed + control + power. The AV is good for joints.

5. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

they don't come with covers.

6. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Looks like I have to get one.

7. ace9988

ace9988 Regular Member

i got the T200 too...YET to play with it (hopefully sunday), expecting good things after trying my friends one

8. van de nan

van de nan Regular Member

planner
    Most fake yonex sold at rm90-120 w/o string..which i consider better buy apacs then the fake ones..apacs yonex clone such as edge saber z (Max 30lbs and a new version 35lbs) is more durable and can cope with higher tension then fake yonex arcsaber z (Max 24lbs)..a seller from KL showed me the edge saber with 35lbs rating when i was buying my tantrum 969..so better by apacs as conclussion.

9. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

hehe, I also use BG66 but if it break, I would like to try to zymax 62......
    Anyway BG80 is my favourite, the smash sound is so nice....

10. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

LOL, ignore him and enjoy your APACS...
    Dont waste the time... haha

11. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

Welcome to T200 group!!!

12. hola4

hola4 Regular Member

I am about to get a T200 (4U-G2) from a friend that bought it more than a year ago. The racket was used for 1 session and kept in store room due to family commitment. Can someone provide some feedback on this racket as compare to T200 (3u-G2) in term of power and control. Greatly appreciate. Thanks. :D

13. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

Have not tried 4U racket.
    Anyway, 3U T200 is great in the power and I think the weight do contribute some power and helps you to press the shuttlecock down when you smash.

Just my 2 cents view, will 4U too light and you need stronger wrist and arm power to press the shuttlecock?

In fact, just a few gramms different.
    Does it really that much diff?
    How much are you getting it?

14. van de nan

planner
    got myself a 3u tantrum200..well, do tell us about your 4u t200

15. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    the hitting sound on zm62 is MUCH nicer than BG66 due to the thickness
    arc let me tried his friend's BS9 with ZM62 @ 30lbs..very nice control but i don't dare to smash..sked will break the string

tantrum with a 62..hmm sounds like a good combo hehe

#2735 ziggy87, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  16. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

Hahaha....
    Ask Arc to give you special discount lah...
    You have to try once in a lifetime mah, no try how to know how song it is...

17. van de nan

planner
    i've tried a zymay62 at 22lbs which the stringer said its gonna feel equal to 24lbs due to its thickness..i felt the 1st day using it was syiok then the next time the feeling was gone..it feels like loosing tension or its just my feeling..i think i gonna put bg66 at 24lbs for my tantrum..see how it feel

18. hola4

hola4 Regular Member

I own a T200 (3U-G2), the power is no doubt. IMO, I find the defence and drive is abit set back for the 3U and it can be due to it weight. A few grams is OK for me with 2hrs session but I play 3hrs every session and often rally games. Thus, my arm and wrist tend to give in after 2 good hrs games:eek:. I am getting it for S$80 without bag.

Will do.

19. gapperonduty

gapperonduty Regular Member

just got the orders in from racquet_sportz...altogether 3 weeks but i won't complain too much since my ankle is swollen anyway...

got the nano 9900 power and nano 9000 for my gf to use during recreational game. Paintjob is beautiful. Very light and specs is spot on (285bp for 9900, and 292+/- for 9000 with string, original grip). However, the 9900 is very flexible, and the 9000 is only slightly stiffer than that. But oh well, i think she will liked them better and hopefully stay away from my 900T.

As for the T200 that i got, it is way off specs (sad). Weight wise (didn't measure), it is definitely 3U, and felt heavier than the T2 and the 900T and both of the Apacs i mentioned above. BP stood at 299+/- w/ strings and w/ original grip, so i have to be quite creative with the overgrip to move that number down to a more double-respectable 295-ish. Swing is nice, fast and crisp but i can feel that the defense in doubles is going to suffer a little. As a singles racket, i think it could be appropriate, but unfortunately i didn't buy it for that! :(

Oh well, will write more when my ankle decides to heal and i can hit the court again.

For now, after just holding and swinging these rackets in the living room to the tunes of Frank Sinatra, i could safely say, basing solely on a pretentious and superficial sense of know-it-all, i still am in love with the T2.

20. van de nan

planner
    Can you tell the actual spect of t200 compare to yours..i wonder mine is ok