Lin Dan lost to Peter Gade

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by geebees90, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

Has XXF retired for good? why? because of dipping performance?

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Hey, thats cruel..........:cool:

3. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

I mean all-time favourite. In which case, it's quite subjective and a little imagination is required.

Among the current active players, LD is the best.

But you really need to watch someone like ZJH to appreciate him. His shots were so deceptive. When he leaps up, you can never really predict which way he smashes - if he decides to smash. Don't think even LCW can retrieve them - again imagination is required as such a match-up never existed or ever will be.

4. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Super Dan Jia You!!!!
    Never give up...

5. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

yeah , that's the spirit.

BTW did anyone watch the game? what went wrong with Dan or what was right with PG?

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

asthma, same as M Frost

7. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant

Ya, ZJH was deceptive alright but he came second most of the time to Yang Yang.
    He took his rivals for granted until it was too late to make amends. That was during the old scoring system of 15 points but with today's 21 point system he won't stand a chance.

8. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student

Arrogance and too many unforced errors.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It’s been 4 years

This was what Peter Gade said:

Hey Guys, Well – what can I say …I’m so happy to bring you the news that I finally managed to beat Lin Dan again ! It’s been 4 years since the last time and today I got it again…I played really well all the way through – such a good feeling…. 21-16 21-17 was the score.. But off course it was more close than the numbers... say – I got a very good start in the first set and tried to keep him away.

10. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

I can't get the full statistics of their head-to-heads but did remember watching once ZJH whipping Yang Yang (in Asian Championship, I think). ZJH was certainly a lot less successful than Yang Yang but I thought he was ahead in Head-to-head clashes. According to wiki, he has at least beaten Yang2 twice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhao_Jianhua

Yes, I do agree he always take his opponents for granted with an arrogant swagger. Always going for the fanciful even though the straightforward shot will do. Do you know where I can watch his past matches online?

I also liked a match where he once lost to Foo Kok Keong where FKK as usual scampered all over to retrieve his shots. That very tenacity and never giving up determination won him that match.

11. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

BTW, way, way off-topic: Who won the KL OPen Squash?

12. Morten

Morten Regular Member

I think some in this thread are writing off LD way to soon due to his recent performance. I watched the match yesterday and yes it was obvious that LD was not in the shape he was in when he achieved the olympic gold medal in Beijing. However he was playing at an average level and it was clear to all who watched the game that LD thought that the long rallies that he battled with PG in the end would tire Peter. However that was not the case and LD tried to shape up from the middle of the 1st set, however Peter played really well and LD played suppar his normal outstanding performance which resulted in a deserved win for Gade.

Lin Dan still has what it takes to win the major tournaments, its not a situation like Taufik after his olympic gold and world cup win. The style of Lin Dan is based upon raw power and speed mixed with close to no unforced errors. Yesterday LD missed a bit of that power since he wasnt in his usual shape and when that happens players in the top 5, the likes of PG, will stand a chance of beating LD.

I predict that when the TC is around we will see LD in shape and he will be as lethal as he used to be. Performing every tournament like he has done for years is unrealistic and even the likes of him needs a rest sometimes. Same situations in other sports, take Roger Federer as an example.

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction

Zhao got Pnuemonia & lost a large % of his lungs function.........

14. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    100% Agree. LD is a big ego to handle, and without TXH to keep him grounded I think he will struggle to find focus.......

15. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    LCW ;)

16. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    u have to check it again buddy
    Taufik crowned WC champion after beating LD
    Taufik got his second AG gold medal with beating LD

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    First of, you must be very good to have a big ego and I relate 'big ego' to 'very confident'. What can you say when LD has won everything there is to win...several times. You gotta respect the man and his achievements.;)
    But I do agree with you somewhat, when LD does take his early round opponents lightly and he lost...not anymore now.;)

#137 OneToughBirdie, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    When I first sign up in BC, I was asked for my fav MS player...mine is ZJH and I would say Tan Aik Huang is my second...fav to me means I would fly just to see them. Growing up in MAS, I would bicycled to see TAH played in Kampung Attap SBA Hall. I have never seen ZJH played live but I have lost counts of how many times I have seen the AE90 MS final. That game is incredibly amazing, the single greatest baddy game I have ever seen, just wish the damn thing is on 1080p at that time.

LD and LCW, the current best players in the circuit, which true baddy fans would not want to see these 2 guys play? They would be my favorite players to watch. When either player got KO and not meet in the final, you feel like having a 10-course chinese dinner but the cook forgets to make the red-bean soup, darn:D

#138 OneToughBirdie, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    You misunderstand me. When I say Big ego, I do not neccessarily mean overconfident or arrogant. I mean he is a Big player with big status.

It is no good having a coach with little pedigree or who he does not respect. No offence to XXZ, but LD is going to listen, focus & trust TXH or LYB more.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    zjh also lost to ardy wiranata in 1991 world cup too. He seems to lost focus or interest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.