All England 2010 Semi Final - Saturday, March 13th

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by hcyong, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Kodok

Kodok Regular Member

Maybe MK/HS lost because they didn't use Yonex rackets.
    Kido smashed his racket at the end of the game.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hauge
    want me to treat u some sushi this may?
    seriously:D

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wifqi/Afiat beat:
    Chen Hung-Ling/Lin Yu-Lang 16-21, 21-19, 21-16
    Sun Junjie/Tao Jiaming 21-19, 21-16
    -- both in Macau Open GP Gold 2009 to reach the SF.

They also beat:
    Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Hendra Wijaya - Vietnam IC 2009

Chan Chong Ming/Chew Choon Eng - in Vietnam Open GP 2008

Goh Wei Shern/Ong Jian Guo and Mak Hee Chun/Teo Kok Siang - Thailand IS 2008

#1003 badMania, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh ya
    how would i forget as i have the video in my pc:(
    sorry:crying:
    but still,rendy is better:p

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    :D:D..if I come..but in Tung Chung ( Hong Kong)..they have new promotion...all you can eat Sushi for HK$ 88...very good price..:eek::eek:

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u must come;):p:D
    hk$88?
    if u come,it will be hk$0;):p:D

7. badminfreak

badminfreak Regular Member

I wish I still lived in China... I live in UK
    i felt so bad for bcl. i just wanted to give him a big hug today. he was crying after the match, :'(

i thought it was strange how bcl and lin dan played for 3 games. i thought the chinese team had this rule of whoever wins first means the loser has to let them win again in the 2nd match so they can save up their energy for the matches on the next day.

i was backstage today, n i heard that after lin dan lost to bcl, he was really angry about it. he and liyong bo both went to the changing rooms to discuss for ages. whereas bcl didn't get any cheers for lyb.

it makes me think, whether bcl can actually beat lin dan. i mean maybe he is actually better but because bcl is weak mentally compared to lin dan and often can't beat some of the other components which lin dan can, li yong bo tells bcl to lose against lin dan. if that makes sense.

i dont know, but i do know i love bcl and just feel absolutely devastated for him

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hey, do I get free sushi too? :p:D

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Wow, you got to go behind the scenes - cool!

The going ons to the CHN team are very often hush-hush but there have been several reports already of public berating from the brass, which is unusual.

I think BCL is a sensitive soul and should be handled differently to keep his spirits up. But this is the North American way of dealing with people with different personalities. Try to get the maximum response from how you treat them. In this case, beating a down who is already down would be counter productive.

Anything else you can report would be really nice. Thanks :)

#1009 madbad, Mar 13, 2010
  10. badminfreak

badminfreak Regular Member

I wish I still lived in China... I live in UK
    well li yongbo hasnt being attending any of the days really unlike the previous years. this year he has only went to 2 of the days. ppl say its because he's just too pissed, and angry that in this yrs AE china can probs only take one gold. last year china took all the gold medals.

since lin dan lost, he hasn't attended any matches or even come to the NIA.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    doesnt look good on Flypower lol

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The whole thing just kind of weird, why exhausted one another and benefited Tago? I think there must be mis-communication between Chinese players and coaches or somehow signal did not pass across as who should advance? Chinese coaching staff also in the difficult position as Bao just won the German Open and had been playing very well prior meeting Lin Dan, I think the coaching staff felt Bao has better chance to win the title but dare not to ask Lin Dan to lose ...? Even I am not sure what I am talking about now ... Yongbo is just too complicated :confused:

13. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I don't think BCL lost because he was tired after playing Lin Dan. Tago also played 3 very competitive sets against Chen Jin. I'm giving Tago all the credits because of his commitment to win. Playing patiently helped him in winning the match.

14. HicHic

HicHic Regular Member

I agree. Tago had tougher matches (for him). BCL passed through the first two rounds easily and barely used any energy at all. His only tough match was Lin Dan, and Tago had one too against CJ.

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Wow. i cant believe my eye......KT beat BCL......KT is surely a Chn slayer in this AE....

16. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Not true, I passed LD leaving the arena straight after LCW's victory against PG today... He was walking with I guess a translator and his huge Li Ning gear bag.

I'm with you about BCL, I really enjoyed watching him these last two days, probably my favorite player there apart from Tago and Taufik.

#1016 Destricto_Ense, Mar 13, 2010
  17. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    GO TAGO GO TAGO GO TAGO GO TAGO i KNEW HE COULD DO IT

18. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    damn im so sad that LYD lost in mens doubles and in mixed. 3rd set was disappointing.

19. molex

molex Regular Member

Student
    for the record, i am not much of a fan of conspiracy theories, but from some of the stuff that's been floating around in this forum, one could piece together this scenario:

the coach, convinced that BCL was the better player, chose him to go through, obviously not making LD happy. LD is not convinced of that, protests, and so BCL entered today's game with Tago with quite an amount of pressure, especially to prove himself worthy of the "choice".

Of course, Tago outplayed BCL (I couldn't watch the match, can only go by livescores and online commentary) and LD was vindicated, thus LYB must be very angry that he failed to live up the coach expectations and BCL has became the scapegoat for China's inability to have someone in the MS final. which musn't be very easy for him to bear, i gather.

that might explain some of the drama that badminfreak reported.:cool:

i repeat, this is just fanciful dreaming as a break from working on my dissertation. :D i much prefer to think that every player gave their best they could with the best form they could muster. it is not my place to question LYB's tactics anyway, all i want is to watch some epic matches :D:D

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

1 defending AE champion left..

- Tago continues his torrid run after scalping CHN's no.2 MS player..I thought his win over CJ, in the QF despite going to rubber games, gave him more confidence playing against BCL. Let's see if his loosey-goosey, nothing-to-lose approach will continue in the Final.
    - LCW looks focused to win his first ever AE title. But will he overcome another pressure type situation to claim and finally get rid off the monkey off his back?
    - A year removed, Wang YH and Tine are set for another rematch. The former is looking to become the 1st back-to-back WS winner since, well, Xie Xingfang did it back-to-back-to-back (2005-2007).
    - BC's homie and veterans JR and LP are looking for their 1st AE title and 1st MD title for Denmark since 2006.;)
    - INA's XD veterans of Widianto & Natsir, once again, are given another opportunity to finally claim their 1st AE title.
    - CHN's Yu Yang & Du Jing look to add the missing AE title to their belt.
    ..what are the 2 historical moments made by Tago's victory??..:confused:
    ..for that, you have to ask King cooler and Queen suetyan..;)
    ..LCW and Tago had played against each other before, all last yr (Swiss Open SS and Malaysia Open GP Gold). And in both meetings, LCW took care of Tago in straight games.

#1020 ctjcad, Mar 13, 2010