Draw: Malaysian Open 2010

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by press100, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

… just calm down everyone… it makes me feel like entered a ward of victims with depressive disorder… :eek: like someone just broke up with a love affair...:D:D

… an old Chinese saying goes, “the deeper the love, the harder the hatred”… or, “beating means love”… e.g. a mother beat up her son regularly, saying she’s always too disappointed with her son’s behaviour, and just want to beat him to make him being good all the time… nowadays in a civilized world, I guess our nice BCers would not prefer such behaviour…

Now what do you mean by being good?? see which angle your view from… from the stubborn mother always thinking she’s right?? From the freedom-pursuing son?? Or from a reasonable neighbor??? :rolleyes:

In LD’s case, does a withdrawal meaning offending any crime? Offended any moral standard?? Why so furious??? Why used so many heavy words sounds like LD just committed a ****? :(:(

Of course we feel upset, very upset, because we would not be given a chance to see a top-of-the-world encounter, because our expectation would not be realized… however, neither LD nor LCW owe any of the fans of such, there is no contract (yet even a signed marriage could break up)… what I would say is “what a pity!”… :eek:

If we suddenly were told that a once beloved sportsperson is found guilty of using performance-enhance drugs, then I would shoot him, and said heavy words like disappointment on him, there should be punishment, bla bla bla…

Anyway, this is my opinion only. Anyone could choose to be a man of any kind… but I wish, as BC is a forum on sports, we could show sportsmanship in postings as well… :):):)

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

They are already sponsoring some F1, Moto GP, and Tennis events.

And we start to have some Asian players delivering impressive results in Tennis (mostly from India, Japan, and more recently China and Chinese-Taipei). Mahesh Bupathy and Leander Paes are pretty much the Asian Embassadors of Tennis and they have delivered very impressive results in the MD and XD event of Tennis as well.

Leander Paes won 6 GS titles (including 2 last year in Roland Garros & US Open), while Mahesh Bupathy have won 4 in MD (not counting several others in XD). A Chinese-Taipei pair came out from nowhere to shock the tennis world and finished Runner-Ups in 2 GS in 2007. And Zi Yan/Zheng Jie of China also won 2 GS titles in WD.

So, I believe that as long as Asian players work hard in tennis and other sports, they can still deliver the results. Esp. since tennis is now getting very popular in India and China, you might just see more promising players in the near future.

In order for badminton to be successful, it needs to get out of the narrow framework of the national bodies in control of players destiny. Professionalism is the way to go if it wants to ever become a sports that's widely recognized!

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Whats wrong with her comments? Being Malaysian doesnt mean you gotta support everything about Malaysia only? What about those Malaysians who support foreign teams such as Manchester United for example, instead of Shahzan Muda FC? Can we say we are ashamed, embarrassed and speechless about such Malaysians?

Sports is a universal thing. And we should have the maturity to accept diversity rather than looking at things from a narrow perspective.

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Okay, I guess you are right about that word. I retract my statement but seems like i can't edit my post :( Thanks for pointing that not everyone will know my choice. I guess I just showed the BCers how immature I am...

SORRY TO ALL LD SUPPORTERS.

#184 undeadshot, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well minor leagues are in countries already - the china professional league LCW wanted to play in, maybe that will grow and it will fuel the sponsorships.

6. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Can you stop using "bolehian fans" to address Malaysians or fans of Malaysia players, please? I mean seriously, PLEASE? It's a derogatory term to refer to a group of people and it's painful to read that word again and again in this forum although you might have fun using that word again and again just like you are calling others name in school.

And I find it funny that a person can go to great length to "protect/defend" their idols at the cost of attacking his or her own countryman. Nothing much to say here other than "brilliant".

Thank you very much, Lin Dan's fan(s).

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Getting interesting.............

8. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

very good point from lcleing...

mmm..(i just want to say that) ;)

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

how interesting?....:confused:

10. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang

than i suggest you to pm the Admin and ask ,,, is it Harm to use word "Bolehian" or not.....

if the Admin say yes it's Harm ,, than i'll follow the rule...

so simple ....;)Thanks

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dude,

I am Malaysian. Bahasa Melayu is my mother tongue. And as far as I know, boleh is not derogatory. Neither is bolehian or bolehian fans or Malaysia boleh or whatever with a boleh attached to it.
    Just ignore that guy. Once he comes across anything that is different from his point of view he will go dramatic and all. Dont blame him though for his lack of understanding of the malay language.
    Just let him be.

12. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

I'm Indonesian. i know some Bahasa Melayu words.
    yeah...agree with you...
    Ignore !
    ;)

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You said it right. May change one day ...
    At the moment, tennis is dominated by players from the west. A quick glance at the MS rankings for example, there is not even a single asian in sight within the top 40. Yes, there are some indian & chinese players who sort of made some breakthrough here and there.
    Gonna be interesting to see Asian players making inroads into tennis though.

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Soon mate soon. I am in training.:cool:

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

It depends...............;)

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    made it this way
    in malaysia
    the crowd who want to watch lindan more?
    or the crowd want to watch simon+sdk+kido/hendra more?

17. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I don't believe you actually ask me to pm Admin about this. I presumed you have already stay here long enough to know what the rules are.

Anyway, I will do the homework for you just for this time.

Please refer to this post

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=402804&postcount=1

I dont think your post satisfies this criterion:
    Honestly, will you be happy if I call you names or label you as a "bolehian"?

And It certainly doesn't meet this requirement.

because I can't find the word "bolehian" in an english dictionary and you provide no translation on what the word "bolehian" means. So, may I ask whether your previous post was acceptable?

#197 lcleing, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thursday. What a great day for more Malaysia Boleh badminton action.
    Looking forward to see LCW strut his Boleh stuff on court.
    Chants of Boleh from Boleh fans in the stadium yesterday was both encouraging and patriotic.
    KKK/TBH ought to continue to weave their Boleh magic in view of LYD/JJS no longer in the tournament.

Malaysia Boleh!

19. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It's pretty weak that all you can attack from his post is a harmless little comment.

And at the last sentence, you just put something into his mouth when he was obviously stating the opposite.

Don't get me wrong. I do not totally agree with him as well. Players withdrawing is a bummer but that's life. However, when responding to comments, at least try to address the more salient points.

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Glad you're enjoying yourself. It's refreshing to be occassionally released from the grasp of cynicism, isn't it?