Draw: Malaysian Open 2010

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by press100, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ot

Hmmm ...tennis has more tournaments than badminton, and yet some shuttlers are complaining of exhaustion? I dont know much about tennis, but the Grand slam events are played mainly outdoor? Sun?? Need to apply sun block lotion etc? Badminton so far mainly 100% indoor, right? No outdoor kinda thingy where you tie the net across two trees, take out some jaffa cakes & ice teas, right?

Plus ... on average competitive tennis last longer than badminton?

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    So sad that we this kind of comments here. Lost for words.

Salute you for your courage to comment.

3. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

the two sports are entirely different

as for timing... tennis matches usually last longer and much more when it is grand slam but they spend a ridiculous amount of down time between points and have like rest after each couple points...

4. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    :rolleyes:

Last minute withdrawal will always happen if BWF is not strict enough.
    The withdrawal is not fair to the organisers and to the fans who bought tickets in anticipation of certain matches.
    Except for medical reasons, the BWF should impose hefty fines on the players or their national bodies and suspend the players from competing in a few tournaments. The independent players will think twice if they was such a code for late withdrawals.
    I am most disappointed with the late withdrawal of LD, SDK and SS.
    The bottom-half of the mens' singles draw now favors PHG with opposition from light weights and he could take the title.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

this has been discussed before... fines have always been insignificant for all sports (proportionally to the prizes) otherwise less successful players would be hurt financially

suspend them from tournaments? u want them to miss out on more tournaments?

and as most players always carry some kind of injury... they always have a reason

6. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I'm not surprised this came from an Indonesian (Ajaib) and a Malaysian (suetyan) who support Chinese players. But I'm so ashamed:(, embarrassed:eek: and speechless:eek: of the latter.
    badMania, you have Ajaib and we have suetyan.:eek::mad::(

Ajaib and suetyan, you can support whichever countries you like but please be nice to your countrymen.:rolleyes:

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Not to forget, the center-courts (and some Court-No 1) are covered with roofs, in case there's adverse weather conditions like rain or heat. So, top tennis players are pretty much taken care of.

But of course, low-ranked players and some unlucky mid-table players have to play in the outside courts :eek:

There are also some tourneys which are held indoors, like the BNP Paribas Paris Masters and the ATP Masters Finals. I watched the later tourney at Shanghai in Nov 2007 and it was held in the Qi Zhong Stadium (which is an indoor stadium).

Yes, tennis players can rest for 1 minute (or is it 2) after 2 games. And again, I do agree that tennis and badminton are different ball games altogether and the amount of exertion a player put into each sport might be different.

#167 badMania, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  8. markchan

markchan Regular Member

YES, I think if Mr. AK Wong from TL 249,Batu 9, Kg Bercham, Ipoh Perak is the MS WR#1 tennis player ( eventho' it is highly unlikely :D) , I think he will get the sponsors. Why not? (if Mr. AK Wong from TL 249, Batu 9, Kampong Bercham Ipoh Perak is the MS WR#1 in tennis ) :D.

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Just ignore

Your remarks will definitely touched some raw nerves and some sensitive chap will go all dramatic and go around claiming he is all ashamed, embarrassed and speechless.
    It is beyond me how some dont have or lack the maturity to accept any views that are different than theirs.
    Best solution: just ignore. Life goes on.

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Sure ... good. I respect your view.
    But ever wonder why badminton dont generate the kind of prize money or sponsors like tennis?
    Badminton is mainly dominated by Asians, agree?
    I dont see Mercedes Benz, Rolex, Tag Heuer, Nike, Adidas rolling out em' big endorsement deals to LCW, KKK or TBH, LD, PG, TH and company.

11. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    This is not fair....
    why just shoot on LD ????????
    Sony and Simon names are on entry list too,,, but when they withdraw,,, bolehians keep silent,,,, but if it is LD,,,, the story change dramatically....shoot at LD, LYB,....
    hmmmmmmmmm.....

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Relax...relax....don't be so emotional okay?

I am pretty sure they know the reasons why Sony and Simon withdrew. Sure, the reason may not be acceptable to some (including me). At least I want Simon to turn up...but Agus Dwi Santoso (the new MS coach) has his priorities and I respect that. So, at least PBSI did give reasons why their players had to withdrew. Some were injured (Nitya Krishinda Maheswari, Pia Bernadet Zebadiah, Tontowi Ahmad, Richi Puspita Dili), some had last minute illness (Mohd Ahsan), some are still bothered by contractual issues (Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan).

As for Lin Dan's withdrawal, here's one official statement from him which I can find from sports.sina.com.cn only today:
    "现在自己的思想和状态还没有调整好,如果匆忙参赛的话,非常容易造成伤病".
    “希望再系统练一段时间。虽然东亚运动会是去年12月份,但打完以后配合队伍参加了赞助商的一些活动,并没有一段时间进行非常系统的训练。自己也和李总、汤导、夏导沟通了,想在接下来的三周到一个月的时间很系统地练一段时间,让自己更有底一点去参加欧洲的比赛。”

Basically, he's not in the condition to participate in matches and he did not want to risk injuries. Plus, he attended too many functions after the East Asian Games and had no proper training yet. So, he wishes to spent at least the next 3 weeks-1 month to tune himself up in the training to prepare for the European tour in March. Well, I respect his decision and at least he finally gave us a reason :cool:

Oh and btw...not only Malaysians are so-called "targetting" LD and LYB....u can see that other BCers (like fastdrop and ye333) from other countries (including China) are pretty vocal about them too.

I respect your (and others) choice to support Chinese players and to continue having biased views on the MAS (and probably INA) fans. It's totally your freedom to behave that way. But it doesn't mean that I agree on some of your viewpoints and posts. So, we just have to agree to disagree ;)

#172 badMania, Jan 19, 2010
  13. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    FYI,, i never push you to agree with my post,,, this is free forum and we can say anything we want as long not using harsh word....;)

another FYI,,, even i had a bad experience in Indonesia,,, of course i will support INA players rather than Malaysia,,,,

and in my opinion,,, thoose bolehian fans who shoot on LD...they just under estimate Simon, Sony, Jan o jorgensen,and other players,,, they think that only LD can beat their hero,,, but they forget last year Sony and Simon, also Jan o jorgensen beat LCW,,, That's why when Sony and Simon withdraw,, they just keep silent,,, coz they underestimate them, they think it's not a problem even Sony and Simon were in,,,..... but when LD withdraw,,,, oh,,,, no,,, LD ruined their party,, coz they just counting minutes, seconds, hours,and day,, when LD will lose to LCW.....they think this is the right time for LCW to defeat LD

you can see on their post,,, they clearly sure that LCW will meet LD in the Final.... they disapointed becoz they want to see the clash of the titans between LD and LCW... how come they're so sure LCW will meet LD ???
    by under estimate other players,,, but,,, badminton is not math...who knows even when LD participate and he lost to Simon ??? or LD lost to another players ..???? i GUARANTEE YOU WILL SEE another shoot from them,,,, ..

14. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    huh ?????
    so if everyone who doesn't know that you prefer LCW is an idiot???
    what a harsh word...

WAKE UP MAN !!!!!!!!

if i don't know you prefer LCW to win... it's not becoz i'm idiot,,, but it just becoz
    I DON"T CARE and I DON"T WANNA CONCERN WITH YOUR CHOICE...

that's your personal choice,,, and i must know it or i will be called idiot ??? HUHHHHH

who do you think you are so i must know your choice???

come on... don't use this word again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes,,, you disapointed with LIN DAN,,, it's up to you,,, i just think unfair for some bolehian fans that shoot on LD is afraid after see LCW form in Korea...,,,

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Calm down...calm down....u sounded like u had an emotional roller-coaster there.

Once again, this is just my opinion, so, feel free to disagree. I think most of us are realistic and when you talk about the best players in MS nowadays, it has to be Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei. Even I would predict that Lin Dan will face Lee Chong Wei yet again in the MAS SS 2010 :cool: Of course, Lee Chong Wei's route seems to be tougher and he might just lose to Rajiv Ouseph tomorrow.

This certainly does not mean that I looked down on other players (including INA players), but that's the reality. We have seen how Lee Chong Wei single-handedly demolished Chen Jin and Peter Gade (arguably 2 of the top 5 players in MS) in two quick matches last week.

Obviously, as an INA fan, I would love to see Simon and Sony delivering, but the odds are less than 50% probably; and that will happen typically at the Majors where Lee Chong Wei somehow is prone to some mental breakdowns or sorts :p Yes, he did lose to lower-ranked players before and he will lose to them again in the future. So will Lin Dan, as we have seen in his defeat against Choi Ho Jin.

And if you are talking about shooting-shooting stuffs, well, I think most of the MAS BC-ers here are nice people and I get along with them finely. But of course, if u think that they shoot here shoot there, u are always welcomed to voice your grievances.

And oh....since you are so keen to defend your heroes, why don't you do the honour and translate the whole article at sports.sina.com.cn for the benefit of all of us.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2010-01-19/23194798655.shtml

We will appreciate you for the effort. Thanks :)

#176 badMania, Jan 19, 2010
  17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Some are very protective of their idols. They cannot accept when their favourite players are criticised and I can understand that.

For my case, I am speaking of badminton in general regarding the withdrawals, not specifically at that one CHN players. He got into the picture was probably because at the moment he is one of the best and fans want to watch good matches and they come from far places for this purpose. Based on the posting by a member that he pulled because :

"Basically, he's not in the condition to participate in matches and he did not want to risk injuries. Plus, he attended too many functions after the East Asian Games and had no proper training yet. So, he wishes to spent at least the next 3 weeks-1 month to tune himself up in the training to prepare for the European tour in March".

Why confirmed your participation in the first place if you are not well prepared?

As for the member who criticised his/her own countryman (just because he/she is not supporting his/her national players but other countries) is really embarassing. It's ok to support players from the countries, but to critcised fellow countryman in the open is really distasteful.

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Surely, it's their choice to support players from other countries. We definitely respect their decision, as most of us have emphasized here again and again.

As to criticizing fellow countrymen, we have seen quite a number of cases here. IMHO, there's two views. The first view is that one might feel he/she is entitled to his/her opinion since this is an open forum. No doubt about that and certainly, if that is the case, then, it should not stop other ppl from voicing their disapprovals, feelings and opinions as well considering that they have the freedom to do so too.

Sadly though, this is when bickering starts and obviously, there will be no end to the arguments.

The other view is what you have mentioned....that it's distateful to openly criticize fellow countrymen; which is a rather strong statement and I still have my reservations about it :eek:

#178 badMania, Jan 19, 2010
  19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I have re-paragraph your post into two.

1st = Agree with you.
    2nd = This is my humble opinion and I don't represent all Malaysian. It's alright. Perhaps it's more acceptable if he/she uses a new post, but to say "I like your post....
    It's just not right, IMO.

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

The big names may change one day soon - you may suddenly see names like Sinopec, AVIC, China Petroleum, Bank of China, Li Ning. So don't get fixated on Western names - sure they are big sponsors but the Asian giants will not be long.