copenhagen master 2009 - Dec 27-29, 2009

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by limsy, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Isn't that so??..

:p..isn't this, essentially, an exhibition tourney??..:confused:

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, maybe we will see a new George@JiaoJiao or George@SXian to replace George@chongwei......:D:D:D

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes and no...It is an invitiational tournament and it does not give world rankingpoints.

But it is a tournament with 212.000 USD prize money for winners+runners up..

/Twobeer

4. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I did watch the match live thru Astro. The Malaysians were robbed of the match. Mak was service faulted 4 times while Boe's services were at chest level but never been faulted. Even Gillian Clark called that ridiculous and saying Mak's frustrations were undestandable. Everyone felt the mistreatment and I would've done the same by conceding the match if I were Mak/Tan. Who would wanna finish a match like this?

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

the best way is waiting badmintonfreak to upload this
    i judge by myself:cool:

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Why cant we accept defeat?

Mak/Tan were beaten by a better pair, period.

We should be gracious enough to accept defeat and not moan and whinge about biased/unfair judging.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ya
    we should accept it like pemuda say
    just like how we accept lcw 'defeat' in 2007 china open final;)

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Off topic again

Please be reminded ... again that this is the Copenhagen Master 2009 thread, not China open 2007.

Mak/Tan was beaten in the CM 09', it has nothing to do with the CO 07' or LCW.

Please walk the talk and stay on topic, please.
    Thanks.

9. xiedeheng

xiedeheng Regular Member

I just have to quote this. It wasn't easy for Yao Jie. But I think the Malaysian team in Copenhagen Masters didn't travel with their coach either.

YAO JIE:

Yao Jie of the Netherlands is finding a second youth after a long career. She beat India’s Saina Nehwal in the first round of the YONEX-SUNRISE Hong Kong Open On a day where the top women players had some difficulties to get past the first round.

Yao Jie was all smiles after her quick 21/16 – 21/12 success over Saina, the No 8 seed. Once again, she had turned the tables on the world ranking and proven she was still to be counted upon.

High clears, then fast drops, and her amazing touch made the difference today against the former World Junior champion, who was clearly not playing her best badminton. Never once was Saina able to trouble the former Chinese citizen, who was playing with a lot of confidence.

Her latest results have been amazing and she now seems to be back in shape, with no major injury left to trouble her.

“Since the Dutch Open, where I won, I felt better and mostly more relaxed. I had decided then that I wanted to play some tournaments for the fun of it, and maybe stop after this year. China Open could be my last tournament, but since I am playing very well, I don’t know exactly what I will be doing,” she explains.

Amongst the reasons why she maybe putting an end to her carrier, the Dutch expresses the need of motherhood. “I have been married to Eric and I feel like maybe it is time to have a baby soon,” she said in a wink.

“But also, it’s not the only reason that pushes me to stop. We have also have had some financial problems with the Dutch Federation. Since this fall, we all travel on our own, at our own expenses. No more sponsor for the team, and the funding was cut after the Olympics because none of us qualified according to their criteria. This means we have little money left and we have to travel on our own, with no coach, nor Physio. It makes it hard,” said Yao.

10. xiedeheng

xiedeheng Regular Member

All you say is: "I think, I am sure, I am pretty sure, I've heard ... "

Facts please. You don't have enough background material to comment on those issues. I did read a lot of reports, watch a lot of interview and they served to form my judgements. Denmark is pretty small, you meet a lot of badminton related people everywhere, and more if you play in a local club in Copenhagen. That's why I dare to comment on those developments.

11. xiedeheng

xiedeheng Regular Member

LATEST DEVELOPMENT:

Robert Mateusiak from the mix double team got injured yesterday, so Thomas Laybourn and Kamilla Rytter Juhl win the CM in Mixed Double without even playing the final game.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Astro 811

Just when I am about to go to bed ... its live on tv. Tine vs Lydia now.

Oh well ... might as well watch since I am on leave till next year :)

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    after lost 15-21,10-21 2 days before this
    lydia manage to steal a set from the 7 ss titles winner and wr 3 in the world,tine

let see how much she can score in 3rd set:)

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I really don't claim to have all the "facts", I just presnet my judgements based on the background-material, commentsm reports I have read, interviews I have heard etc :) but You have not presented any big "facts" neither in your post, to be honest..

How do you know that no invitation where sent to chineese players this year, source?? If that is indeed so I agree that it is not good! And I agree fully that it is ridicilous to be bickering about political issues when it comes to our loved badminton sport!!

/Twobeer

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    All you say is: "I think, I am sure, I am pretty sure, I've heard ... "

Hi xiedeheng,

Please find time to have a read of this thread:
    The use and abuse of BadmintonCentral

16. jsteve

jsteve Regular Member

Unhappily not USD but danish krone (DKK)

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

xiedeheng, according to limsy in post #2, Fu/Cai were invited to this tournament. You will have to verify with him and his sources.

I see it being counterproductive to not invite CHN players. After all if the organizers can pull in the best players, the fans would enjoy the show more and help to fill the cash registers.

But like what someone pointed out, it is an invitational tournament and they can extend an invitation to whom they please. Traditionally, the majority of players have been Danes and a smattering of other nationals. I have noted a Malaysian has almost always been invited. Perhaps the Danish Badminton Association have a good relationship with BAM.

So in terms of the balance of countries this year, it is no different, except for some reason there are more Malaysians. Like the SS Finals roster, it's slim pickings here too if you ask me.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    i get the source from one of the danes player
    she told me about all the info of this tournament
    and hauge had comfirmed my infomation is correct 5 days after i create this thread
    the invitation letter/email had been send to cba to invite cai/fu
    there is a few reason just like what had stated by suetyan caused cai/fu unable to attend:)
    hope this made the thing clear

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Well Done Lydia !!! World #31 winning the second game from World #03

Well Done Lydia !!! :):):)
    World #31 taking the second game from World #03.

Final Result:
    Tine Rasmussen[​IMG][DEN] defeated [​IMG][MAS] Lydia Cheah
    21-11, 18-21, 21-10 in 48 minutes.

Tine has remained as the DEN Badminton Queen. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The question was how Lydia played. Obviously she stepped up her game in the second but was nowhere in the rubber. Can those who watched give a comment on why Lydia wasn't able to carry her momentum into the 3rd game.