FLEET-Challenger Charity Badminton Championship 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Challenger, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Challenger

Challenger Regular Member

Attached are the list of the winners of Fleet-Challenger charity Badminton Champioship 2009.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I do agree that it is not easy to organise such events. There will always be some minor problems here and there. But i'm sure Challenger will take note of them and not to repeat those in the future. Try to feed in their shoes and help each other out.

3. terenceleong

terenceleong Regular Member

GM
    Hi Challenger,

You had put forward a very good response. Well done :)...

Hope you will organize more badminton tournaments in future.

Keep on your good efforts to make our badminton sport as beautiful as possible.

Cheersss...

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    y0 challenger,

that was one good reply, give us the insight to what really happen.

From your story, it seems like Mat Rempits has started to play some serious badminton.

Anyway, when the words RACIST is mention... seems like every other things dont matter.

Now Mat Rempits also smart, know how to use RACIST to their advantages...

But maybe they cant read english leh? They dunno what is State Player,

Next time must put in Bahasa *Permain Negeri Tak boleh Main Walaupun Malaysia Boleh!*

#64 SibugiChai, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  5. wu_kong101

wu_kong101 Regular Member

Insurance - Actuarial
    so what happen in the end? did u give them the money on that day itself or after the 3 days? So your saying there were state players with similar names when you did your research but you just didn't have a picture to confrim it?

6. tiangkl1969

tiangkl1969 Regular Member

student
    oh! im so sorry to read abt d 15 gangster came surround d organisor. but, as a outsider, n oso at tat moment... everybody sure will think abt d -ve thing 1 lah. SORRY ms challenger, i ve done something wrong, since i ve written 2 much of -ve issues abt yuo all. i now totally support your points aftter reading your explaination. thanks n regards. CHEARS!

7. vincentmok

vincentmok Regular Member

Banker
    I agree with Challenger and Zhi Wei, it doesnt matter whether you face state player or not, as long as there's strong heart and will, hopefully one day you will win even if it is not today.

Honestly, I lost in the first round with my partner to a team who was late by more than 15 mins, claiming that they came far and didnt want us to forfeit it. Subsequently the partner came, but it felt fishy to me bcoz I was seeing the guy sitting there when me and my partner was warming up.

I am quite sure the guy had played at state level before because you can almost tell by the way these players play, plus this guy was playing in mixed doubles and the name is different from the name of our opponents. My partner was in fact asking whether or not to forfeit them but instead we played on bcoz i thought if we cannot beat them it is pointless even if we reach round 2.

The score was not that bad in my opinion and although we lost, I didnt feel bad bcoz we gave them a fight before losing. That's what i think matter most, and for passionate players as long as you dont lose by giving up, it is better than winning by a walkover which is no glory to me.

Net net, as badminton players, its just a passion for the game and in life we dont win everything. As long as we are happy with ourself and strive to learn more and improve that's it. If can beat one or two state players then yeahhh otherwise keep practicing, some day you can still be a better player than in the past.

8. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    btw...

how to rate a player as State Player?

I have a fren, he was U-12 State Champion 17yrs ago but he stop playing once he enter secondary schools.

He play again 2years ago after 17years...

His playing level is so-so only... is he consider a STATE PLAYER?

To make more specific, do he qualify to play in The Challenger Charity Tournament?

9. tiangkl1969

student
    wow! Ti10! your name sounds great! u must b a state/exstate player. otherwise why don u enter d tonemen? scare being protested? i use only fleet/proace raket, cost abt RM130hahahahaha. Yours......RM500++. Let me tell u a true story, it happened abt 5yrs ago. I watched a tonemen at Cheras. d organisor appointed an ex-national player cum ex-national team asst coach as their tonemen director. so....all these ex ex 1s heart his name....or those who were rejected by him just went away quietly. d tonemen was really raelly successful.

10. tiangkl1969

student
    for those who see this pm, espacially zhiwei. just 2 tell d md champion bros r just very very very......commond state players only. there r still hundred/thousands of this level of state players in d market. don b childist lah! don think u can trained on par with them lah! u can just play until par(cantonise) if u meet them hahahahaha! Immagine lah! if 5-6pairs of them enter this tonemen in each catogary.......so.... all oso bye bye. they sapu all. acceptable not? maksud social.....social lah! ex ex itu.... pergi jauh jauh lah!

11. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

Hey Challenger,

I've seen the worst tournaments being organize around the KL. However, the number of participants are always overwhelming despite of the lousy organizer. Mainly because all these young players want to gain some exposure of playing with different players and also to gain experience in playing tournaments. Well, learn from the mistakes and do more preparation next time around Challenger....

First, the intention of organizer and purpose of the tournament must be clear. When the word CHARITY is being promoted with the cause o the tournament, the leniency towards the rules and regulation should be explain to participants beforehand. Being an organizer, you may want to provide some leniency but some may treat the tournament as the same standard with BWF regulation (if being mention in your entry form) Eg, The 15 minutes vs 17minutes finals is an good example.

As organizer POV, the show must go on esp final match. Somemore, it is a mainly a charity base tournament. However, leniency towards the player's conduct will encourage them to make the similar mistake again. Similarly, a player serve above his waist and did not get any fault simply because it's not a so-called big tournament will not help him correct his mistakes. This is not a big tournament, so does it mean the rules and regulation can be ignored?

" Does winning a final awarded through a walkover is so satisfying than winning it by your own ability? Is this because of the prize money involved? Or are they too scared to lose and winning will mean everything to them no matter wat happens to the world? We always believe that a good player comes from uncountable amount of effort and hard work." - Is being late okay in finals of a tournament? It is not satisfying or not, it's being fairplay. If you are late, you got to be responsible for your action and accept defeat gracefully.Learn from the mistake and try to respect the game, your opponent and organizer before claim to be a champion.

This is the fact that the tournaments held around KL lack of quality because the organizer are only aiming for profit and not profesional enough to provide a better organization.

Sometimes, i think it's hard to detect the identity of the players and their status of play. As your words " In the first place, why do those ex-state and ex-national players still registered their names although the rules stated that they couldn’t? " - And it is your job as an organizer to check and make sure the player's name and status of play before putting them on draw. You can't just put the blame on others when you accepted their entry without checking in the first place.

Those people accused you as "racist" were trying to put pressure on you to get their way. If you give in to prove that you aren't racist, are you being fair to other players? They are the one who is "racist" because they judged you as "chinese organizer". As organizer, you need to be firm and tell them you are acting in accordance to the matter and not race as anyone with other races will receive similar treatment - We are Malaysian! Use Najib's 1 Malaysia to tell them of!!

12. Challenger

Yes, we agreed that there is a misunderstanding between a charity and BWF tournament. The rules and regulations is just too broad and wide to be explained to each and everyone. Different or unforeseen circumstances will need a lot of considerations before a final decision is made. That's why although there is a clause stated the rules is based on BWF, we still have a clause stating the organisers reserves the right to make changes or ammendment during the competition.

Dear Cheekygen, "As organizer POV, the show must go on esp final match. Somemore, it is a mainly a charity base tournament." You are wrong that the final must go on. We were at first wanted to cancel the MD Open final, when both the parties wouldn't reach a conclusion. It is just that with some very last minute factors, the match has decided to be played again. Its just too hard to explain here, we just leave it like this ok....

However, leniency towards the player's conduct will encourage them to make the similar mistake again. Similarly, a player serve above his waist and did not get any fault simply because it's not a so-called big tournament will not help him correct his mistakes. This is not a big tournament, so does it mean the rules and regulation can be ignored? As for this, I'm totally agreed. But we do not have the budget to get so many people involved eg(linesman or service judge) for each and every match. Threfore, there will always be some IN / OUT arguments, or service fault practise that can't be avoided. What we can say is that, nothing is perfect, unless we are the biggest and strongest(maybe in terms of money???)

Is being late okay in finals of a tournament? It is not satisfying or not, it's being fairplay. If you are late, you got to be responsible for your action and accept defeat gracefully.Learn from the mistake and try to respect the game, your opponent and organizer before claim to be a champion. Yes we agreed. It is not okay to be late in finals. But we, the organisers have to bear some responsibilities too due to some delay in other matches. After much considerations, we decided to carry on, due to all 3 parties at fault. Firstly, Organiser's delay in matches, Secondly, the awaiting player's parent were so rude and loud and shouting at the organisers, Thirdly, the late player's being late and not responsible. We are just human, sometimes we need to make critical decisions to please everyone involved, but what we can tell you, it is not easy. We hope everyone will learn from the mistakes.

Those people accused you as "racist" were trying to put pressure on you to get their way. If you give in to prove that you aren't racist, are you being fair to other players? They are the one who is "racist" because they judged you as "chinese organizer". As organizer, you need to be firm and tell them you are acting in accordance to the matter and not race as anyone with other races will receive similar treatment - We are Malaysian! Use Najib's 1 Malaysia to tell them of!!
    Haha...we agreed to this too. But talking here and facing the real situations is always a different thing la fren. If they are the one who can listen or understand to instructions, then the situation would not have gone bad. Imagine this, the malay fella, kept on provoking the chinese after they have won the game. U see, the malay fella just have their own thinking and rights, what other people do and said is unimportant to them. But one thing that we noticed is that, they are much more unity than the chinese. They will always come in groups and help their compariot when things do not go their way. But the chinese, is so self defence(dunno what's the word called), their only worry is their own prospect only. Sorry, if we hurt anyone's feeling, its just our point of view.

13. Challenger

how to rate a player as State Player? I have a fren, he was U-12 State Champion 17yrs ago but he stop playing once he enter secondary schools.He play again 2years ago after 17years...His playing level is so-so only... is he consider a STATE PLAYER?To make more specific, do he qualify to play in The Challenger Charity Tournament?For this Challenger Charity tournament cannot, as we never state the years after they stopped competing for state or national levels. This is so, because we wanted no ex-state or ex-national involved at all. Some tournaments they may state that, maybe 5 years after, or 10 years after stop competing. But if your fren's name does not appear in our list of names, then he is eligible. Anyway, considering 12 years old standard and 17 years ago, the level and speed of play does not reflect much on the game today.

so what happen in the end? did u give them the money on that day itself or after the 3 days? So your saying there were state players with similar names when you did your research but you just didn't have a picture to confrim it?
    In the end, after much considerations, our big boss gave in and let them have every sens that they have won, but sternly warned and blacklisted them in future tournaments.
    That 2 guys argued that, there were many state players with similar names to them when other players show the proof to protest them on that day. Add on to that, they said that there are no picture to further strengthen the claim. When we did our checking on our list b4 the tournament, their name is not on the list. That is why we never ban them at the initial stage.

oh! im so sorry to read abt d 15 gangster came surround d organisor. but, as a outsider, n oso at tat moment... everybody sure will think abt d -ve thing 1 lah. SORRY ms challenger, i ve done something wrong, since i ve written 2 much of -ve issues abt yuo all. i now totally support your points aftter reading your explaination. thanks n regards. CHEARS! No need to apologise my fren. We understand as an organiser, we cant please each and everyone. The reasons we have the post mortem out there is for everyone to have a better insight view of wats really happen during the course of the competition and also our point of view.

14. Challenger

Anyway, after this post, we will not be replying or discussing about the competitions anymore. This is subject to many factors and problems involved. Therefore, once again, we would like to thanks every one involved in pouring in ideas and opinions. We will be better prepared and organize an even better competitions in the near future.

Cheers,
    Challenger

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    What if its a ex state or ex national who had a stroke and was semi paralyzed but recovered after going therapy. Is he/she still eligible to play? "technically" in this sense he/she can't...coz when you are an EX you will always be and EX. However i'm sure that some special circumstances does apply. Im Just playing around here.

16. vincentmok

vincentmok Regular Member

Banker
    I think enough said, this is after all for charity and you guys are doing it for free. You have done your best, and dont owe any explanation to anyone. The tournament is already over, so what is should or have been done will not change reality. It was fun despite losing :crying::crying:, and definitely am looking forward for coming tournaments, and good news is we will not see the same Mat Rempit then again :D:D:D

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Aiyooo... it is a good lesson for all who want to organise a tournament. Next time, keep the category open lah. Not easy to ban some players. In singapore, there are also some tournament where they said no ex-national. but they close one eye. So, its frustrating when you know the rule is there but it is not followed well. So again, keep it open. Easier la, those who dare to come to play shd not complain. ;)

After all, its for charity or for the fun of playing badminton. You really need to be good to be a champion. Many people love to play tournament, people will flock in. Some even do side betting. This shows how gila it is. ;) So for those who want sponsor racket, kontack gua. ;)

Also, its good to keep the price money lower a little, its for the passion. Not killing each other for the money.;)

For those who are not good enuf... go drink tonkat ali and run up genting la. sure power one... ;)

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

so where's the results of the recently ended tournament in the challenger cheras branch?:)

19. Challenger

Dear sir,

Sorry for the late reply. We were busy with the development of our new website. The results is already posted at the Fleet-Challenger Junior Badminton Championship 2009 thread.

On top of that, pls feel free to visit our new website at www.thechallenger.com.my for further info.

Thank you.

Regards,
    The Management of The Challenger Sports Centre
    9/12/09