Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    wow ... that's a unquie way of comparisom...:)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think a 12 inch punch is more lethal and it has be around for the longest time:p

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I wouldn't be so sure...

Just watch LD vs Jorgensen final. There are a few times Jorgensen managed to "suddenly up the pace", and LD was immediately in trouble. LD in 2004 can do that kind of things in a much more "sudden" manner from the very start to the end of the 3rd game. Can today's LD deal with that? I am not so sure...:cool:

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    When Lin dan up his pace, he is unstoppable, see the way he finish off Lee chong wei , and also peter gade..:D

5. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

How come Lin Dan is still number 2 in the rankings and almost 10,000 points below LCW after winning 5 titles (1 WC, 1 AE, and 3 other Super Series), one SS final, and one QF? I think something needs to be done with the ranking system.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

what silly obvious things to say.
    if a player up his pace, of course he'll do better:rolleyes:
    what really matter is:
    1. how long can he sustain it?
    2. can he maintain quality of shots with the higher pace
    3. how quickly an opponent make counter measures.

as for LD, answer is:
    1. longer than other players
    2. yes
    3. depend how generous he feel for his opponent on that day

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

It seems you totally missed my point. :D

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    because lcw have 6 titles plus a few more runner up finish;)
    lindan is close to lcw in wr is because he won wc;)
    winner gets 12000;)

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I was just watching my old videos. Honestly I think Mens Singles is pretty weak at the moment. That's got to be part of the reason Lin Dan is so dominant right now. Not that I don't think he's the best player ever :D, but sometimes I think people give him a little too much credit (calling him "god" and all that). Watching matches from a few years ago makes the majority of today's players bar the top few seem second rate :S. So it's not going to be too hard for a player like Lin Dan to utterly destroy most of them. I think the rest of the world really needs to step up...

10. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hey bro: i dont agreed with u , the way u saying is like players like Lee chong wei, taufik .. and Peter gade standard drops... is not the rest of the player standard drop.. the truth is Lin Dan improve tremendously !

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i agree wif u and i've made similar comments almost bi-yearly. LD is still improving after the 08 OG.

12. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Any bros know which model Lin dan is using for his shoes now, in the recent china open, he changed his shoe again ?

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

That's true. Back in 2005-06, there are at least 4-5 players (except LD of course) who are at the same level as today's LCW: TH, PG, CH, LHI, LCW.

In fact, at any given time before 2006, there were always around 4 players at a level no lower than today's LCW. For example, in 2000, we have SJ, PG, Hendrawan, TH, and arguably XXZ.

Put today's LD to any year before 2006, it is possible that he still can maintain an advantageous H2H against any opponent, but at the same time he would lose more (for example, put today's LD back to 2006, even if he loses only one match to each of the top opponents, he would lose a total of 5 -- in fact, very close to what actually happened in 2006:cool:) and does not look so invincible.

#293 ye333, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it's quality, not quantity grasshopper333. We only need 1 player that is better than LD and we won't be debating this issue. Having 10000 TH, 10000 lcw, 10000 PG, 10000 PSH, 10000 CJ, 10000000000000 Simon S, 100000000000 NTM, 10000000000000000000000 JOJ, etc would still not change the outcome for LD.:rolleyes:

Here is the proof derivation:

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999! x 0 chance still = 0

#294 cooler, Nov 27, 2009
  15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Unfortunately you missed my point again. Maybe you should get a pair of eyeglasses or something? :D

I am not arguing that LD is not the current best player. I even agree that he can still be the best player should he be "transported" to any era. My whole point is, the "invincibility" LD fans claim is mostly due to the lack of strong opponents. As the H2H of LD vs LCW clearly shows no change starting 2008.

Btw, if there are 10000 LCW, then LD needs to fight a LCW in every round, and suppose other LCWs give walkover to each other, LD will be in deep deep trouble. :D:D:D

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i forgot couple of disclaimers which i thot were visibly obvious to everyone:

1. LD can and do chooses his tournaments, he doesn't need to play every tournament to prove himself anymore. Having 10000 lcw clones doesn't change the hierarchy

2. LD does hand out donations once in a while:D

#296 cooler, Nov 27, 2009
  17. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    If you watch the game carefully you will conclude that LD wasn't 100% in it. When playing with a weaker one your mind would drift off once a while and will be caught offguard. LD was never in danger of losing so it's no panic button even if Jorg was scoring a couple of points. It's a boring final. The cat was just playing with a mouse. In the second set LD was mostly playing at his base while J was running all over the court.

18. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Did you sleep well last night? Seems your ability to understand is a bit weak today...:D:D:D

In any one tournament chosen by LD, LD will meet a LCW clone from the very first round, and at the same time the other LCWs are giving walk-overs to one another. Unless you think LD has infinite stamina (which, LD himself obviously disagree), you should agree with my conclusion: LD in deep trouble. :D:D

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

and ye333 was advising me to get a pair of eyeglasses....lol

20. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

It's not true that LD is "playing at his base". In the 2nd game there are many many clears, you cannot stay at your base and return a clear, right? The reason you have that impression is LD's quick returning to his base. ;)

I never said LD was in danger of losing. I never said LD was 100% in it either. All I said was, suppose LD was facing an opponent who can "up the pace" all the time (an example is himself in 2004), he may be in trouble. In fact, my opinion is that, the reason why PG did better against LD than JOJ or Persson, is that PG has the ability to "up the pace" once in a while.